• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Missingno.Fan

Has this been discussed?

zuyPZdA.png

It's from the shot of the port city where Nessa's Gym is located in the recent Direct (0:19).
It's a statue, but of which Pokemon?
Looks like an Ultra Beast.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
So, looking at the current species:

*Polteageist's weight is 0.4 kg, which was previously unused, and its height is 0.2 m, which is the same as Klefki and Ribombee. We know it uses Shadow Ball and a draining move, presumably Giga Drain. Considering its height and weight, its BST will probably be around 470-475 range, and because it has Weak Armor, it will have high Defense and at most around 60-70 base Speed.

*Cramorant's weight is 18.0 kg and its height is 0.8 m. While it is somewhat long, that is purely due to its wingspan, as that is what is counted as height for Flying-types. Its weight is the same as Basculin, so chances are its stats will be close, around 460-470 range, less than Swanna's 473, which might get buffed this gen and certainly much less than Mantine's 485. Since it is primary Flying, it will likely get moves such as Brave Bird and Hurricane, but since its Ability requires it to have Surf or Dive, it will likely be the first Pokémon to learn Surf through Level Up.

Neither species will clearly evolve or have a pre-evo(Polteageist is far too tiny to have a pre-evo), and both are too goofy to have Gigantamax forms.

I can see Polteageist possibly evolving. But otherwise I think you're correct.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So far, Alcremie has 5 "toppings" and 8 "flavors". Which means it could have a total of 40 (5 x 8) variations.

0KPcYYy.png

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Not exactly. There are a few types of moves I never touch, including moves that serve no purpose but to boost my own stats. I'd rather attack on both Turn 1 and Turn 2 than spend Turn 1 powering up so my attack on Turn 2 is stronger.

The closest thing to that I ever use are healing moves like Recover.

Well then! I was way off base.

So, looking at the current species:

*Polteageist's weight is 0.4 kg, which was previously unused, and its height is 0.2 m, which is the same as Klefki and Ribombee. We know it uses Shadow Ball and a draining move, presumably Giga Drain. Considering its height and weight, its BST will probably be around 470-475 range, and because it has Weak Armor, it will have high Defense and at most around 60-70 base Speed.

*Cramorant's weight is 18.0 kg and its height is 0.8 m. While it is somewhat long, that is purely due to its wingspan, as that is what is counted as height for Flying-types. Its weight is the same as Basculin, so chances are its stats will be close, around 460-470 range, less than Swanna's 473, which might get buffed this gen and certainly much less than Mantine's 485. Since it is primary Flying, it will likely get moves such as Brave Bird and Hurricane, but since its Ability requires it to have Surf or Dive, it will likely be the first Pokémon to learn Surf through Level Up.

Neither species will clearly evolve or have a pre-evo(Polteageist is far too tiny to have a pre-evo), and both are too goofy to have Gigantamax forms.

Are these predictions on how they'll be like? (For the record, you mentioned Ribombee, a Pokémon 0.2 meters tall that evolves from something even smaller.)

40 alcremie seems the most likely to me. then again, that star we see on the cake could be another topping, which would bring us to 48.
I was hoping for an evolution for alcremie, but i think its looking unlikely

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The Vanillite line could've had these back then. But anyway, I prefer collecting variations similar to Vivillon rather than dull color swaps like they did with Minior and Alcremie.

Makes me wish Unown had number forms too.

aa_623

The Vanillite line could've had these back then. But anyway, I prefer collecting variations similar to Vivillon rather than dull color swaps like they did with Minior and Alcremie.

Makes me wish Unown had number forms too.
Oh yeah, different "flavors" for vanillite would've been cool. I agree that the variations are a nice touch. Wish there'd be some other type combos with them or a special moves or something. But hey, it is what it is. Number forms for unown would be interesting, they did add ! & ? in gen 3.

Orphalesion

TBH I pretty much hated how Vivillion's variations were tied to specific regions. I just don't like regionally-locked stuff. Plus my place had a pretty ugly variation and really Vivillion was also just a colour swap, nothing more.
Likewise I'm not going to go crazy over those colour variations they give Alcremie, sure it's a nice touch and I'm probably going to try to get the Green one if I decide to put ALcremie on my team (pretty unlikely if it doesn't get a proper evolution), but it's not gonna make me like the Pokemon any more.
And honestly, I'd rather not have them waste effort on new Unown variations, especially in light of the smaller gens and national dex cut.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
TBH I pretty much hated how Vivillion's variations were tied to specific regions. I just don't like regionally-locked stuff. Plus my place had a pretty ugly variation and really Vivillion was also just a colour swap, nothing more.

I fully agree.

The fact that different Vivillion patterns were asked for a ridiculous trades, GTS not having the option to filter its' specific patterns and the one you've gotten cannot be bred into the same variation was the deal breaker for me. You were locked behind a situation where you had to ask your friend to breed you one so, you could only get the desired design and nature/IVs.

JW1004

I don't mind variations, but I rather wish they would max it out to maximum of 5 (excluding things like Unown who seems to have a purpose to have so many variations). Like I don't mind collecting but it doesn't really adds much to the Pokémon itself, just like Furfrou.

Orphalesion

(excluding things like Unown who seems to have a purpose to have so many variations).
What purpose do they serve? Rally the Unown variations are way more pointless than the Vivillion/Aclremie/Florges ones. You can use your favourite varation of Alcremie or Florges on your team, the only purpose the Unown serve is to clog up the box with Pokemon that are utterly useless.
Actually...I kinda hope Unown isn't in the Galar dex. If they had to cut Pokemon because they couldn't provide all the models for SwSh, I sure hope they didn't waste any time making 26 models for Unown.

shadowF

Anyone hoping we get other legendary Pokemon besides the cover mascots? I hope it isn't a X and Y situation where there were few legendaries but more like 6-8 legendaries. I feel like having three of our legendaries be the heraldic symbols of the countries of United Kingdom would be so cool! Like a Welsh Dragon Legendary representing Wales, a Lion legendary representing England and a Unicorn legendary representing Scotland. I don't know what the heraldic symbol would be for Ireland but having our three legendaries based on these heraldic symbols would be awesome in my opinion!

Mewizard

What purpose do they serve? Rally the Unown variations are way more pointless than the Vivillion/Aclremie/Florges ones. You can use your favourite varation of Alcremie or Florges on your team, the only purpose the Unown serve is to clog up the box with Pokemon that are utterly useless.
Actually...I kinda hope Unown isn't in the Galar dex. If they had to cut Pokemon because they couldn't provide all the models for SwSh, I sure hope they didn't waste any time making 26 models for Unown.
The Models are the same, It's the textures of all the pokemon that's been updated, Giving Unknowns very simple design I'd say updating the textures would be very easyily done. That said I do think if any pokemon had to be excluded I think Unknown has a high chance just because of how many variations there are.

Mewizard

Anyone hoping we get other legendary Pokemon besides the cover mascots? I hope it isn't a X and Y situation where there were few legendaries but more like 6-8 legendaries. I feel like having three of our legendaries be the heraldic symbols of the countries of United Kingdom would be so cool! Like a Welsh Dragon Legendary representing Wales, a Lion legendary representing England and a Unicorn legendary representing Scotland. I don't know what the heraldic symbol would be for Ireland but having our three legendaries based on these heraldic symbols would be awesome in my opinion!
Well there is Eternus which will be the 'evil' Legndary, Other than that I hope we see a Trio or Pixie legendary. There's so much storys and myths to go off of for legendaries on a region based in the UK.

shadowF

Well there is Eternus which will be the 'evil' Legndary, Other than that I hope we see a Trio or Pixie legendary. There's so much storys and myths to go off of for legendaries on a region based in the UK.

Yeah that was what I was talking about, I hope our trio is the Welsh Dragon, Lion, and Unicorn so it can be our trio which defends several parts of the Galar region or something.

Has this been discussed?

zuyPZdA.png

It's from the shot of the port city where Nessa's Gym is located in the recent Direct (0:19).
It's a statue, but of which Pokemon?

By the way what does everyone think this resembles? To me it is an Ultra Beast but it can also be a knight Pokemon?

DMB1985

For me I want 6 legendries at the most, especially if we get a similar number of new Pokémon to what we saw in Sun and Moon. One of the things I disliked the most about those games was how much of the dex was taken up by legendries and Ultra Beasts.

As for Northern Ireland, they don't have a national animal so the best bet would probably be something like a red deer with a shamrock heavily infused into the design.