• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
There are images of squirrel-like-creatures on multiple NPC's clothing, which is expected to be a new squirrel pokemon, but has yet to be confirmed.
In one of the trailers, when Chairman Rose throws a pokeball, a pokemon which appears to be an elephant made of porcelain, and so appearing as a teapot, can be seen emerging from the pokeball in the final frame of the scene.
Can you show me a link or picture? I'd like to see it.

There are images of squirrel-like-creatures on multiple NPC's clothing, which is expected to be a new squirrel pokemon, but has yet to be confirmed.
In one of the trailers, when Chairman Rose throws a pokeball, a pokemon which appears to be an elephant made of porcelain, and so appearing as a teapot, can be seen emerging from the pokeball in the final frame of the scene.

There's also an image of the squirrel itself in the audience at a gym.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
pokemon which appears to be an elephant made of porcelain

......how on Earth does that look like it's made from porcelain?

Ill agree with it's shape seeing very elephant like. And I'm hopeful it is in fact an elephant ( a /Water and/or /Fire one would be awesome at that).

But I cannot understand the obsession with saying it's a teapot elephant or this claim it "appear to be made of porcelain".

SurrealistSmeargle

......how on Earth does that look like it's made from porcelain?

Ill agree with it's shape seeing very elephant like. And I'm hopeful it is in fact an elephant ( a /Water and/or /Fire one would be awesome at that).

But I cannot understand the obsession with saying it's a teapot elephant or this claim it "appear to be made of porcelain".
Admittedly, from memory, it looked more like that than when I review the actual picture. And it's not porcelain, but its orange colour is somewhat clay-like, and the angle at which the snout of its trunk bends looks very rigid, which I think it what gave people a teapot vibe, especially prior to us having an actual teapot pokemon. Looking at it more closely now though, it looks more like the end of the trunk is curled in like a cinnamon bun, than jutting out like a spout, so it may well be more of a straight-forward elephant than its generally been given credit for.

Orphalesion

While I'm fairly on-the-fence about whether the fish is its own pokemon or not, does it seem meaningful that Serebii has bothered to include it as such on its Gen8 Pokemon page? I recall in the past there was an idea that Joe had some connections which allowed them to verify things, and avoid posting anything which could be misleading or untrue, so I don't know if it's precence in the list could be considered an indication towards it being its own pokemon. It does seem odd that they wouldn't reveal it at the same time as Cramorant though.

In my opinion the fish is 100% going to be a new Pokemon. Why create it just to be a projectile for Cramorant, when they could have used a pre-existing fish Pokemon. Plus the fish Cramorant uses have to come from somewhere, meaning they have to live somewhere in nature.
I honestly don't understand the position of it not being a Pokemon. What else it is supposed to be? Somebody tried to compare it to the Slowbro situation, but that doesn't work because Shellder is a Pokemon.
As to why they haven't revealed it together with Cramorant...well they haven't revealed Impidimp officially yet either. They probably want us to guess about it.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Sirfetch'd seems like a strange choice to be Sword-exclusive. It does have a sword, but it also has a shield...? It's never been version exclusive before now either so there's no hint as to what pokemon may be a counter Shield-exclusive. Looking at Farfetch'd appearances in the core series, the only pokemon it's been vaugely paired with is Spearow, through trades in RBG and FRLG. Spearow and Fearow haven't been shown yet, but I don't think that's enough for them to be the partner to Farfetch'd.

Has there been times in the past where a new pokemon has been a version-exclusive "rival" with an older pokemon?

I'm interested to see more version exclusives though, or even more information on Zacian and Zamazenta (even their types I'm desperate .n. ). There's not been a lot of differences revealed yet aside from the gyms, I still haven't even picked a version yet

Golden_Arcanine

Sword-exclusive weapon-wielding Sirfetch'd evolves from a single stage pokemon that entirely changes its typing, so maybe its counterpart would be a Dragon Dunsparce evo?

One would have to assume that it's shield-themed, wouldn't you?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Counterpart for Sirfetch'd should be a Delibird evolution since both are weak flying types.

But I think it also could be a Dunsparce evolution, especially if it becomes part Dragon so they can go the Knight vs Dragon route.
Preferable typing would be Ghost/Dragon.

Chatot from the leak could also work.

Sirfetch'd's Shield counterpart will obviously be an evolution for Shuckle, to even further boost its defenses with whatever shield it'll have.

Nah, honestly, another weak bird like Delibird or Chatot (as mentioned here) getting an evo would be cool to see. I also like the knight vs dragon idea, so Dragon-type Dunsparce or something would be very much welcome. I can't see us NOT getting something in Shield to correspond to Sirfetch'd in Sword.

I've also seen speculation of Sirfetch'd being a potential Pokémon for Bea, so a Ghost-type regional evolution for Allister could also be cool. And it could be anything really, seeing how Normal/Flying became pure Fighting in this situation.

Last edited:

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
What makes Chatot a candidate for a defensive based Galarian evolution? There’s no shields of sorts on it!

I could see Chatot’s eighth note head becoming sharper (...haha) as a sort of sword-like attribute. Though that’d make it more fitting for Sword, and you’re right in that there’s not really any obvious place where a shield could be. Maybe they could go for a sort of ‘opposite’ theme (think Reshiram & Zekrom).