• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
So sadly turns out Duraludon whose codname is Haganedoragon is going to be like Druddigon, Drampa, and Turtanator in that it's a single stage Dragon Pokemon
Where did you get that codename from.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I wonder if only the Fartech'd caught in Galar can evolve into Sirfetch'd due to: "Farfetch’d that inhabit the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles." as the website states.

Since Kalos, we have unique origin markings to declare if a Pokémon is bred in Kalos, Alola or in other regions, specifically for online competitions. We have:

scNsFq.png
— Kalos
dmJJQR.png
— Alola
9JjHRR.png
— Kanto, Johto (VC)

Which means, we will have a new one for Galar. What if that symbol will be necessary, as in indicating Farfetch'd is Galar native, in order to evolve into Sirfetch'd? Was planning to shiny-hunt one in LGPE, but that had me in doubt.

I wonder if only the Fartech'd caught in Galar can evolve into Sirfetch'd due to: "Farfetch’d that inhabit the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles." as the website states.

Since Kalos, we have unique origin markings to declare if a Pokémon is bred in Kalos, Alola or in other regions, specifically for online competitions. We have:

scNsFq.png
— Kalos
dmJJQR.png
— Alola
9JjHRR.png
— Kanto, Johto (VC)

Which means, we will have a new one for Galar. What if that symbol will be necessary, as in indicating Farfetch'd is Galar native, in order to evolve into Sirfetch'd? Was planning to shiny-hunt one in LGPE, but that had me in doubt.
I think regional evolutions like Sirfetch’d will most likely work like Alolan formes that evolved from regular Pokémon(like Marowak and Exeggutor). Meaning that where the Pokémon is right now is what matters, not where it originated from.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Here are my thoughts on the new pokemon and the moves they could possibly learn, as well as moves I hope they learn. Not including the starters because they can change so much by their final evolutions:

Corviknight:
Moves it will likely learn: Brave Bird (confirmed), Roost, Steel Wing (confirmed), Iron Head, Iron Defense
Moves I hope it will learn: Earthquake, Close Combat, Drill Run, Agility, Baton Pass, Swords Dance

Eldegoss:
Moves it will likely learn: Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, U-Turn, Giga Drain, Cotton Spore, Cotton Guard, Synthesis
Moves I hope it will learn: Spore (super unlikely), Tailwind

Dreadnaw:
Moves it will likely learn: Liquidation (confirmed), Earthquake, Stone Edge, Shell Smash, Ice Fang
Moves I hope it will learn: Psychic Fangs, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang

Impidimp:
Moves it will likely learn: Play Rough (confirmed), Sucker Punch (confirmed)
Moves I hope it will learn: Some good prankster moves (since I think it will have prankster) such as Encore, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Moonlight

Alcremie:
Moves it will likely learn: Dazzling Gleam (confirmed), Aromatic Mist, Sweet Scent, Hyper Voice
Moves I hope it will learn: Wish, Aromatherapy, Flamethrower

Duraludon:
Moves it will likely learn: Flash Cannon (confirmed), Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Iron Defense, Metal Burst
Moves I hope it will learn: Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Earth Power

Obstagoon:
Moves it will likely learn: Double-Edge (confirmed), Knock Off, Slash, Extremespeed, Facade, X-Scissor, Cross Poison (unlikely)
Moves I hope it will learn: Jump Kick, Superpower, Close Combat

Morpeko:
Moves it will likely learn: Nuzzle, Volt Switch, Dark Pulse, Knock Off
Moves I hope it will learn: Wish, Flame Wheel (a pun on a hamster wheel), Parabolic Charge

Cramorant:
Moves it will likely learn: Surf, Dive, Roost, Brave Bird, Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Tailwind
Moves I hope it will learn: Hurricane

Polteageist:
Moves it will likely learn: Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Hex, Will-O-Wisp
Moves I hope it will learn: Shell Smash, Scald, Trick Room

Sirfetch'd:
Moves it will likely learn: First Impression, Brave Bird, Knock Off, Leaf Blade, Roost (All from regular Farfetch'd)
Moves I hope it will learn: King's Shield, Sacred Sword, Close Combat

Galar Weezing:
Moves it will likely learn: Sludge Bomb, Clear Smog, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Haze, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt (a lot from regular Koffing)
Moves I hope it will learn: Moonblast, Moonlight

What if that symbol will be necessary, as in indicating Farfetch'd is Galar native, in order to evolve into Sirfetch'd?

The requirement could also be "compete in X number of matches in Galar" i.e. any Farfetch'd from any region can evolve as long as it competes in a number of matches in Sword & Shield.

Either way, if we really are getting cross-gen evolutions again, I'm hoping they will be able to evolve in future games too. It feels so gimmicky to have an evolution that you can only obtain in one game.

Also for Obstagoon, I wish they gave an evolution to regular Linoone instead of giving it to its regional variant. In fact, I would prefer if they gave cross-gen evolutions to older Pokemon in need (like they did in Gen 4) instead of introducing variants that we will only see in one game. So many of the older standalone Pokemon feels "incomplete" to me.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
I get more of the vibe that Rolycoly will evolve into a train-esque Pokémon due to the wheel it has and the association with coal and steam engines. Plus, I feel the Galar region is rife with industry and has a railroad system so a Pokémon like that would make sense.

ShadowForce720

Well with Duraludon being a standalone pokemon that means that it can be ruled out as the Pseudo Legendary of the region. That being said I wouldn't be that surprised if it has a Gigantamax form. Also since it's a single stage Dragon type pokemon like Drampa, Turtonator, and Druddigon it means that it will probably have a base stat total of 485 like they do, although it is possible that it could have a different base stat total from then but if it does then I would expect that it would probably have a higher and not lower base stat total when compared to them.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/d6qm96/the_new_dynamax_website_has_internal_names_and/

Also regarding your stats Trainer Yusuf, Duraludon is likely to be comparable to Druddigon, Drampa, and Turtanator in terms of stats..
Yay.

485 BST means it should have something like 70/90/100/90/65/70 stats (though since it is a rival of Tyranitar its BST will likely be comparable to Aggron or at least Cryogonal as it won't likely get a Gigantamax form). Its official lore says its open to corrosion but it is supposedly very quick due to its light armor, so it should have really crappy Sp. Def to compensate for high Speed.

I guess it will either have a Special version of Dragon Dance or be a "double-dancer" using a combo of Metal Sound (since it can't get Nasty Plot or Calm Mind) and Rock Polish.

Edit: Corrected for ShadowForce720's comment.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Yay.

485 BST means it should have something like 70/90/100/90/65/70 stats (though since it is a rival of Tyranitar its BST will likely be comparable to Aggron or at least Cryogonal as it won't get a Gigantamax form). Its official lore says its open to corrosion but it is supposedly very quick due to its light armor, so it should have really crappy Sp. Def to compensate for high Speed.

I guess it will either have a Special version of Dragon Dance or be a "double-dancer" using a combo of Metal Sound (since it can't get Nasty Plot or Calm Mind) and Rock Polish.

Uh, just pointing this out but it's still possible that Duraludon could get a Giagantamax form.

Kingudora

My favourite
While I don't think Rolycoly turn into a full-blown train, I still think it will become more mechanical as it evolves. Most likely based on a steam engine, considering its ability is called Steam Engine.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
While I don't think Rolycoly turn into a full-blown train, I still think it will become more mechanical as it evolves. Most likely based on a steam engine, considering its ability is called Steam Engine.
Would be pretty cool if we had a Thomas the Tank engine Pokemon lol. It's Thomas the Tank Engine Pokemon! He's here to chew coal and kick ass and he's all out of coal!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Yay.

485 BST means it should have something like 70/90/100/90/65/70 stats (though since it is a rival of Tyranitar its BST will likely be comparable to Aggron or at least Cryogonal as it won't likely get a Gigantamax form). Its official lore says its open to corrosion but it is supposedly very quick due to its light armor, so it should have really crappy Sp. Def to compensate for high Speed.

Edit: Corrected for ShadowForce720's comment.

Duraludon's Steel Beam has 140 power and Tyranitar is OHKO'd in sand.

Assuming calculations;
0 SpA Floette-Eternal Light of Ruin (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 152-180 (73 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO — Floette has 125 base SP.ATK stat.
0 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 188-224 (90.3 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO — Kyogre has 150 base SP. ATK stat.

Duraludon has at least 140 SP. ATK, if not more.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Duraludon's Steel Beam has 140 power and Tyranitar is OHKO'd in sand.

Assuming calculations;
0 SpA Floette-Eternal Light of Ruin (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 152-180 (73 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO — Floette has 125 base SP.ATK stat.
0 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 188-224 (90.3 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO — Kyogre has 150 base SP. ATK stat.

Duraludon has at least 140 SP. ATK, if not more.
391c0bfc-3739-4266-ae86-af03d7e95899

But can he fly?

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Now with a demo being in Japan. Impidimp's japanese name has been confirmed to be Berobar. Bero is Japanese for Tongue. & berobero means licking. I have no idea what bar means in this context though. Impidimp seems to have some sort of licking theme at least according to it's Japanese & German names. It's German name is Bähmon. Bäh means a sound of sticking your tongue out mockingly & mon is short from demon. I have no idea what dimp in Impidimp means though.

edit. the Kanji in it's name. (ベロ) means bero. while バー (bar) is probably shortened from something. Since the only thing I found by googling is Bar as in the place that sells drinks, & I'm pretty sure it doesn't come from that.

Another edit. I saw somebody on twitter theorize that bar might come from Baal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal

Last edited: