• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
The saber tooth won’t happen as we have Raikou already.

That doesn't matter. We have countless dogs, cats, butterflies, moths, lizards, snakes, monkeys, turtles/tortoises, seals, dragons & bats. + 3 lines based off of cotton.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Have you seen the dozen fish, bird, and rodent Pokémon we have? Pachirusu is a squirrel and we got Emolga the flying squirrel the next Gen. Dragonite is a bipedal Dragon and then we got Garchomp, Gabite, Goodra, And Druddigon. And don’t get me started on all of the mice!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I've seen this logic before constantly destroyed with new Pokemon reveals in others kinds of animals. GameFreak even responded to this type of talk saying that they imagine the Pokemon world has different types of Pokemon based on one animal. So don't be surprised if a Sabertooth Pokemon does happen, especially how obvious it is as a candidate for a fossil Pokemon.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Diggersby, Lopunny, Azumarill, Plusle and Minun, and in a way even Nidoran male say hi to the "We have X already so the same species based on that won't be done again" argument too along with everything else mentioned above. And now Scorbunny's added to that.

Just like there are multiple breeds/species of animals in the real world, there are the same with Pokemon, and to say otherwise is unrealistic even in that universe's standards. (I think GameInformer went over that in their article that there's many species of this and that of the same animal type as well, all it takes is making it as a Pokemon original in of itself)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
We got two phoenix-like Pokémon back to back in Moltres and Ho-oh. Granted the sources of their inspiration are different (a Western Phoenix and the Fenghuang).

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Part of me feels like Gigantamax Meowth is also meant to be a exaggerated showcasing of the dynamic difference between Meowth/Persian and Pikachu/Raichu: the former two are slim while the latter two are chubby

keithpetrosky

Nobody is reading everything I posted. Yes we had multiples of certain species, but not in legendaries. All of you are listing non legendary species. I’m sticking to what I feel we won’t see another saber tooth.

you all literally just posted multiple posts just to try and prove me wrong, this argument is going nowhere and until I see another saber tooth you all are wrong ;)

ShadowForce720

Nobody is reading everything I posted. Yes we had multiples of certain species, but not in legendaries. All of you are listing non legendary species. I’m sticking to what I feel we won’t see another saber tooth.

you all literally just posted multiple posts just to try and prove me wrong, this argument is going nowhere and until I see another saber tooth you all are wrong ;)

Actually Entei could be technically consider a Lion and it is a legendary pokemon and yet that didn't stop them introduce Pyroar in gen 6. Also you try to say that Solgaleo is more like a mythical lion like beast, will then I can make similar argument about Raikou that it's not exactly a saber tooth but is based more on a form of Raiju(Thunder Beast) and just happens to resemble a Saber Tooth. Also the non legendary pokemon Manectric is also based on another form of the Raiju.

So in that case we can still have a Saber Tooth pokemon, as we could have one that is a more proper interpretation of one, for instance it could even be a fossil pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So based on the previews going out, it seems we get more new pokemon on each route then it has been in the past. We've only gotten between 2-3 new pokemon on each first route in past games but the previews seems like we'll get more then this, especially since the preview only covered up to route 3.

DannyDark

So, today, I just discovered that Alolan Grimer/Muk have signature abilities; Power of Alchemy.
This made me wonder, though.. why the hell give new Pokemon a new ability, unique to that line, and make it a hidden ability?! Although I did know about this one, the same goes for the Alolan Geodude line! The only line to get Galvanize in the game, new to Gen 7, and yet it's the hidden ability and so the majority of players would never actually realise it's the case, nevermind use it.

So looking towards the new Pokemon in SwSh.. I really hope a new Pokemon isn't given an entirely new and signature ability, only for it to be the hidden ability.

Luthor

So, today, I just discovered that Alolan Grimer/Muk have signature abilities; Power of Alchemy.
This made me wonder, though.. why the hell give new Pokemon a new ability, unique to that line, and make it a hidden ability?! Although I did know about this one, the same goes for the Alolan Geodude line! The only line to get Galvanize in the game, new to Gen 7, and yet it's the hidden ability and so the majority of players would never actually realise it's the case, nevermind use it.

So looking towards the new Pokemon in SwSh.. I really hope a new Pokemon isn't given an entirely new and signature ability, only for it to be the hidden ability.

To be fair I wouldn't rule it out. Look at the Goodra line with Gooey.

ShadowForce720

Well it's bit too late for that, because I think it should be pointed out that Corviknight's hidden ability is confirmed to be the new ability Mirror Armor.

Leosnake

I have time stamped it, look at the Pokemon next to the Eevee and the trainer in the blue top. New? It is the darker brown Pokemon who at first glance I thought was the Eevee because of the tail. I have alerted the owner of the video in their comment section about it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have time stamped it, look at the Pokemon next to the Eevee and the trainer in the blue top. New? It is the darker brown Pokemon who at first glance I thought was the Eevee because of the tail. I have alerted the owner of the video in their comment section about it.
What’s the time stamp?

Leosnake

What’s the time stamp?
It should auto play at it but it is 15:06 is the best spot to watch it from or else it will be too quick.

DannyDark

Isn't that just a trainer in an eevee costume using an eevee? And yeah as @Ignition said the fella next to them is using a Maractus.