• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It should auto play at it but it is 15:06 is the best spot to watch it from or else it will be too quick.
Just realized you were referring to the Trainer. That’s just a Trainer wearing Eevee cosplay as @DannyDark mentioned

Leosnake

Isn't that just a trainer in an eevee costume using an eevee? And yeah as @Ignition said the fella next to them is using a Maractus.
well fudge and here I got all excited. They are tiny though. Meaning we also get to alter our characters height? Sorry.

Leosnake

Just realized you were referring to the Trainer. That’s just a Trainer wearing Eevee cosplay as @DannyDark mentioned
Yea didn't know that was a thing sorry. It is just they looked smaller than the other trainers to me so I thought it was a Pokemon.

ebevan91

I'd like for Eldegoss to get an evolution too. I plan on using that line on my team unless a better new grass Pokemon appears.

Creyk

Eldegoss looks incomplete to you guys? I think it's a nice compact little package, a mix of jumpluff and roselia, who are both complete pokemon on their own. (Roselia was stand-alone for a long time). I don't know where could they take it's design unless they majorly change it up, I think it looks nice as it is.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
There's also the fact that Eldegoss is supposed to also resemble an elderly woman, hence its name. I'm not really seeing how they can take it up further from there.

We have two different grass monkeys. They can repeat the same animal within the same type.

There's also the case of the fire primates. We got the Chimchar line in Generation IV, then we have both the Pansear line and Darumaka line in Generation V.

Nobody is reading everything I posted. Yes we had multiples of certain species, but not in legendaries. All of you are listing non legendary species. I’m sticking to what I feel we won’t see another saber tooth.

you all literally just posted multiple posts just to try and prove me wrong, this argument is going nowhere and until I see another saber tooth you all are wrong ;)

All right, I'll take that and raise you one. Lunala is based on a bat. Does that mean we'll never have any Pokémon based on bats ever again?

So, today, I just discovered that Alolan Grimer/Muk have signature abilities; Power of Alchemy.
This made me wonder, though.. why the hell give new Pokemon a new ability, unique to that line, and make it a hidden ability?! Although I did know about this one, the same goes for the Alolan Geodude line! The only line to get Galvanize in the game, new to Gen 7, and yet it's the hidden ability and so the majority of players would never actually realise it's the case, nevermind use it.

So looking towards the new Pokemon in SwSh.. I really hope a new Pokemon isn't given an entirely new and signature ability, only for it to be the hidden ability.

In addition to Corviknight's Mirror Armor, is Galarian Weezing's Neutralizing Gas a Hidden Ability too? (I don't think it is, but it would work as one.)

These are the other Pokémon I could find with an exclusive Ability when it debuted that's also a Hidden Ability:
Alolan Geodude line - Galvanize
Ditto - Impostor
Zangoose - Toxic Boost
Drifloon line - Flare Boost
Darmanitan - Zen Mode
Chespin line - Bulletproof*
Fletchling line - Gale Wings
Flabébé line - Symbiosis*
Skiddo line - Grass Pelt
Spritzee line - Aroma Veil
Goomy line - Gooey
Rowlet line - Long Reach
Popplio line - Liquid Voice

*This Ability is no longer exclusive to themselves.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wish we get a Grass/Fire combination

That would be a nice typing. Always like seeing combinations like that
But the one I want again is a proper non-mythical/legendary Fire/Water combination Pokemon!
Ever since I was a kid I've wanted that

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
There's also the fact that Eldegoss is supposed to also resemble an elderly woman, hence its name. I'm not really seeing how they can take it up further from there.

There's also the case of the fire primates. We got the Chimchar line in Generation IV, then we have both the Pansear line and Darumaka line in Generation V.

All right, I'll take that and raise you one. Lunala is based on a bat. Does that mean we'll never have any Pokémon based on bats ever again?

In addition to Corviknight's Mirror Armor, is Galarian Weezing's Neutralizing Gas a Hidden Ability too? (I don't think it is, but it would work as one.)

These are the other Pokémon I could find with an exclusive Ability when it debuted that's also a Hidden Ability:
Alolan Geodude line - Galvanize
Ditto - Impostor
Zangoose - Toxic Boost
Drifloon line - Flare Boost
Darmanitan - Zen Mode
Chespin line - Bulletproof*
Fletchling line - Gale Wings
Flabébé line - Symbiosis*
Skiddo line - Grass Pelt
Spritzee line - Aroma Veil
Goomy line - Gooey
Rowlet line - Long Reach
Popplio line - Liquid Voice

*This Ability is no longer exclusive to themselves.
You forgot Alolan Grimer And Muk with Power of Alchemy.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Eldegoss looks incomplete to you guys? I think it's a nice compact little package, a mix of jumpluff and roselia, who are both complete pokemon on their own. (Roselia was stand-alone for a long time). I don't know where could they take it's design unless they majorly change it up, I think it looks nice as it is.
I got a sorta Whimsicott impression from it with the big puffball cloud of cotton on its head/back. I don't see it as incomplete tbh, it look like your standard grass evo.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope Eldegoss evolves. It looks so incomplete in my eyes. I was expecting a pretty flower final evolution not a cloud :/
It looks like a combination of Whimsicott and Jumpluff, both of which are final evolutions.

DannyDark

I just wish Eldegoss had something a bit more distinctive and unique, to set it aside from the other Cotton-like Pokemon we already have..

Creyk

I just wish Eldegoss had something a bit more distinctive and unique, to set it aside from the other Cotton-like Pokemon we already have..
It will be distinctive enough when they don't put the pokemon it resembles into the game.

NeedsAName

Here are my thoughts for each of the Galar Pokemon we've seen and their evolution lines. This is mostly just based off my gut, but some of it probably will be true.

Grookey: It's a starter. It's going to evolve two more times. 'Nuff said.
Scorbunny: See Above.
Sobble: See Above.
Wooloo: It's going to evolve once more and gain another type, probably fairy or steel.
Gossifleur/Eldegoss: That's it. Nothing much.
Drednaw: It's going to evolve one more time, and keep its typing. Just looks like a first-stager to me.
Corviknight: Regional bird, has a pre-evolution with the same type combo.
Yamper: It's going to evolve once, keeping its pure electric-typing.
Impidimp: It's going to evolve two more times and look really cool but ugly in the final stage. Final stage also is different type combo
Alcremie: Not going to evolve. Just a gimmicky single-stage Pokemon.
Rolycoly: Evolves two more times. Sort of the Geodude/Roggenrola of the Galar region. Final stage will be a tanky Rock/Steel (or possibly Rock/Fire) "meh" thing that people remember, but no one puts it on their team.
Duralodon: Druddigon situation. Stuck as that stupid thing forever.
G-Zigzagoon/G-Linoone/Obstagoon: No more evolving.
Morpeko: Single stage pikaclone.
Cramorant: Evolves from a really weak bird thing found mid-game. Doesn't evolve further.
Polteageist: Middle of a 3-stage line. Evolution gains a type and a lot of weight/size.
Sirfetch'd: Won't evolve further.
Derpy Fish that Cramorant spits out: A hardy 3-stage water/dark-type fish/eel found in several water areas in the region.
Squirrel silhouette: 2-stage according to the leak.
Chairman Rose's Pokemon: I only saw two frames of this thing. Not guessing yet.
Weird dark spiky things at docks: Final of three stages of a weird-looking evolution line. Can gigantamax.
Zacian: Can't evolve, but can gigantamax.
Zamazenta: Same as Zacian.

We'll see soon how many out of 21 I got correct.

Edit: Forgot to do this earlier, but here's how I did.
  • Grookey/Scorbunny/Sobble: I was right, but that's not saying much
  • Wooloo: Does evolve once, but stays normal. Half right
  • Drednaw: I was very wrong
  • Corviknight: Was the regional bird at least, so I'm counting this one as predicted
  • Yamper: I was very right
  • Impidimp: Besides the type, I was right
  • Alcremie: Doesn't evolve, but has a prevo so I was wrong
  • Rolycoly: I was very right on this one
  • Duralodon: Again, surprisingly correct
  • G-Zigzagoon: I was correct, but that's not surprising
  • Morpeko: Ding! Correct
  • Cramorant: Ehnn! Incorrect
  • Polteageist: Sadly incorrect
  • Sirfetch'd: Sadly correct
  • Derpy fish (Arrokuda): I was definitely wrong
  • Squirrel sillhouette (Skwovet): I was right
  • Weird dark spiky things: Don't know what they were
  • Zacian/Zamazenta: Incorrect
12/21, or 4/7, or about 57.12% correct. I guess I did kind of well.

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Here are my thoughts for each of the Galar Pokemon we've seen and their evolution lines. This is mostly just based off my gut, but some of it probably will be true.

Grookey: It's a starter. It's going to evolve two more times. 'Nuff said.
Scorbunny: See Above.
Sobble: See Above.
Wooloo: It's going to evolve once more and gain another type, probably fairy or steel.
Gossifleur/Eldegoss: That's it. Nothing much.
Drednaw: It's going to evolve one more time, and keep its typing. Just looks like a first-stager to me.
Corviknight: Regional bird, has a pre-evolution with the same type combo.
Yamper: It's going to evolve once, keeping its pure electric-typing.
Impidimp: It's going to evolve two more times and look really cool but ugly in the final stage. Final stage also is different type combo
Alcremie: Not going to evolve. Just a gimmicky single-stage Pokemon.
Rolycoly: Evolves two more times. Sort of the Geodude/Roggenrola of the Galar region. Final stage will be a tanky Rock/Steel (or possibly Rock/Fire) "meh" thing that people remember, but no one puts it on their team.
Duralodon: Druddigon situation. Stuck as that stupid thing forever.
G-Zigzagoon/G-Linoone/Obstagoon: No more evolving.
Morpeko: Single stage pikaclone.
Cramorant: Evolves from a really weak bird thing found mid-game. Doesn't evolve further.
Polteageist: Middle of a 3-stage line. Evolution gains a type and a lot of weight/size.
Sirfetch'd: Won't evolve further.
Derpy Fish that Cramorant spits out: A hardy 3-stage water/dark-type fish/eel found in several water areas in the region.
Squirrel silhouette: 2-stage according to the leak.
Chairman Rose's Pokemon: I only saw two frames of this thing. Not guessing yet.
Weird dark spiky things at docks: Final of three stages of a weird-looking evolution line. Can gigantamax.
Zacian: Can't evolve, but can gigantamax.
Zamazenta: Same as Zacian.

We'll see soon how many out of 23 I got correct.

Well

From the Dynamax Camera Datamine we heard that Drednaw, Alcremie and Polteageist are second stage pokemon and Corviknight is a third stage pokemon.