• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Does Thievul remind anyone of Arsène Lupin, the famous gentleman thief and worthy opponent to Sherlock Holmes? Could you imagine him having a conversation with Galarian Weezing lol?

Thievul: Ah yes. Good fight. Good fight indeed.
Galarian Weezing: Absolutely.
Thievul: Ah!
Galarian Weezing: Oh?
Thievul: Ah?
Galarian Weezing: Oh!
Thievul: Oh dear me.
Galarian Weezing: What is it?
Thievul: It appears I've just been poisoned.
Galarian Weezing: Apologies. Master CompetitiveBro69's commanded me so.
Thievul: That's alright chum. I stole your delectable berry while you weren't looking.
Galarian Weezing - Ah. Graciously off to the PC Box then?
Thievul: Most certainly.
Galarian Weezing - Cheers.
Thievul - Cheers.

raichu27

Glad to see we're getting a Ice/Electric, Bug/Psychic, Electric/Dark, Poison/Electric, Dark/Fairy, and a Ice/Fire type.

Sad that we're not probably gonna get a Fire/Fairy, Poison/Steel, and a Electric/Fighting type. Also sad that we didn't get enough new type combinations excluding the Fairy type on the 6th generation games.

shoz999

Hey guys. Serious question. What do you think of the fossil Pokemon. I'm thinking about getting one but I'm not gonna lie, their stats are kind of... meh. However their signature moves are interesting. If they attack before the target, the BP of 85 is doubled and they do have the abilities to help boost their speed but I don't know. Do you think its worth it? I'm intrigued but I'm not entirely buying it.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I thought that same thing. Even now, all I see is a Galarian Audino.
Third on that. That thing gives me Galarian Audino vibes. The female especially, and the general body shape, it was the first thing I thought of on sight. And tbh, considering they've given Galarian forms to rather unexpected Pokemon (Corsola, Farfetched, Zigzagoon and so on), I wouldn't have been surprised if they did another with Audino.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Indeedee's stats are nothing like Audino's though, and it has a more mixed moveset, with both regular attacking moves and healing moves, whereas Audino is more focused on being a cleric. Indeedee still has a LOT of support moves though.

As for the fossil Pokémon, their stats are rather balanced across the board except for lower Speed. I could definitely see some ways to get around that though, even without their Hidden Abilities.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Indeedee's stats are nothing like Audino's though, and it has a more mixed moveset, with both regular attacking moves and healing moves, whereas Audino is more focused on being a cleric. Indeedee still has a LOT of support moves though.
Um... It wasn't the stats or moveset that gave me Audino vibes at all. It was the appearance itself, ya know, before we really got the stats/moveset out there. Hence why I emphasized the appearance doing it for me. >.>

vaporeon89

power of vapor
How come is Indeedee’s gender ratio is 100% male when there are both male and female forms?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Um... It wasn't the stats or moveset that gave me Audino vibes at all. It was the appearance itself, ya know, before we really got the stats/moveset out there. Hence why I emphasized the appearance doing it for me. >.>

All right, yeah, I get what you mean. I'm honestly not sure why I neglected that part, considering the design of a Pokémon is a big deal to me...

What is Indeedee based on anyway? It's one of the few new Pokémon I can't figure out. I know Audino is a very stylized nurse, and so it hangs out at Pokémon Centers and such, but Indeedee, though looking a lot like Audino, is different enough that there's no resemblance to a nurse and hangs out by the Move Relearner/Deleter instead.

sketchersmeargle

What is Indeedee based on anyway? It's one of the few new Pokémon I can't figure out. I know Audino is a very stylized nurse, and so it hangs out at Pokémon Centers and such, but Indeedee, though looking a lot like Audino, is different enough that there's no resemblance to a nurse and hangs out by the Move Relearner/Deleter instead.

Indeedee visually seems to be based off a Faun or Pan. From its Dex entries and name, it looks to take inspirations from house maids and butlers.

"They diligently serve people and Pokémon so they can gather feelings of gratitude. The females are particularly good at babysitting."

"It uses the horns on its head to sense the emotions of others. Males will act as valets for those they serve, looking after their every need."

shoz999

Indeedee visually seems to be based off a Faun or Pan. From its Dex entries and name, it looks to take inspirations from house maids and butlers.

"They diligently serve people and Pokémon so they can gather feelings of gratitude. The females are particularly good at babysitting."

"It uses the horns on its head to sense the emotions of others. Males will act as valets for those they serve, looking after their every need."
A maid and a butler Pokemon sounds like even more of a reason that this should be a Galarian Audino, a counterpart to a nurse.

Orphalesion

So I looked at the Pokedex Entries of the Fossil Pokemon... and I'm confused.

They describe them as if they used to exist in their mixed-up Frankenstein forms. Is that just a reference to early Paleonologists thinking up theories about dinosaurs that have since been discredited? So the entries aren't "real" just the theories of researchers?

And also...they all actually sound like they are constantly in pain/suffering. Kinda dark humour.

sketchersmeargle

They describe them as if they used to exist in their mixed-up Frankenstein forms. Is that just a reference to early Paleonologists thinking up theories about dinosaurs that have since been discredited? So the entries aren't "real" just the theories of researchers?

And also...they all actually sound like they are constantly in pain/suffering. Kinda dark humour.

Either corrupted dex entries or these are evolutionary dead ends of the fossil pokemon that never made it far in life.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

I think they're all jokes in that, in-universe, the people of Galar (or the writers of the Pokédex entries) are either convinced that these are what the ancient creatures actually looked like, or they would rather believe that's what they actually looked like.

Orphalesion

I think they're all jokes in that, in-universe, the people of Galar (or the writers of the Pokédex entries) are either convinced that these are what the ancient creatures actually looked like, or they would rather believe that's what they actually looked like.

Yeah that's what makes the most sense, like a reference to Victorian reconstructions of dinosaurs such as the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I love Toxel just wish it learned moves sine finding TMs is proving to be hard

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The new canine Pokemon look cool