• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Let us get started with pokemon we want to see in Gen 8.

I'll put in my hope for the regional rodent.

What of one based on a Capybara?

A Normal/grass type with the ability huge power! ... It's stats are all in physical attack and bulky defense/ hp... but its speed would be the only really bad stat. (Special defense would also be nothing to write home about.)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'd like another regional bird that has a non-Normal/Flying final stage. Was really hopeful Pikipek would do something crazy fun.....but instead..... Anyway.

I'd like to see maybe a Flying/Ice final stage maybe a snow owl?

Or a Flying/Steel bird that is more about the defenses or something.

Lastly if not the two above how about a Flying/Electric regional bird?

Zaide

I'd like another regional bird that has a non-Normal/Flying final stage. Was really hopeful Pikipek would do something crazy fun.....but instead..... Anyway.

I'd like to see maybe a Flying/Ice final stage maybe a snow owl?

Or a Flying/Steel bird that is more about the defenses or something.

Lastly if not the two above how about a Flying/Electric regional bird?
So true about Pikipek. When I first saw it, I was sure it would eventually evolve in a flying/steel type with a steel beak.
I've seen the snow owl idea thrown a couple times, and would love that, but I feel it may be redundant with Noctowl as a regional bird. Might be better to just give Noctowl a snow owl regional variant. There are various other polar birds that I think could inspire a ice/flying regional bird. Terns, geese, auks, etc. An auks based regional bird could be quite unique and cool; they're really adorable IRL.
NP016056-Alkekonge-HS.jpg_1457025819.jpg

Would also love an electric/flying based on a thunderbird (Zapdos doesn't look at all like the thunderbirds depicted in native american legends), a grass/flying or a ground/flying.
I'd like any new pokemon that either evolves from a Pokemon a previous generation or evolves into a pokemon into a pokemon from a previous gen.
I think mostly everyone wants that, and with reason. But, I wouldn't bank on the next games introducing any, and I would be fine with that. Because the next remake in line is likely Gen IV, and with GameFreak not being scared to introduce new Pokémon mid-generation anymore (the 3 UBs in USUM, could even count the new megas from ORAS in that but that's a bit stretched), I think it would be really stupid to not introduce those in the DP remakes. So, I'm keeping my hopes up for that. :)

Orphalesion

I concur with the regional bird that is something other than Normal/Flying, or becomes something else upon evolution. We have enough Normal/Flying birds and if we really have to have a regional bird and the Pokedex sizes really have to be smaller form now on, then don't waste a valuable slot on a type combination that already has 11 evolution lines.

Personally I'd like a Grass/Flying or Fairy/Flying Hummingbird. A peacock could also work as a lot of type combinations: Grass/Flying, Fairy/Flying, Psychic/Flying. And that would just be the most obvious ones.

Besides that, well...

A Water/Grass type that isn't hideous (Manatee, Lotus, River Dolphin, lots of things possible with a bit of creativity)
A Fairy typed *High Medieval* Unicorn.
A water typed Elephant.
A House Fly (Bug/Dark)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I've seen the snow owl idea thrown a couple times, and would love that, but I feel it may be redundant with Noctowl as a regional bird. Might be better to just give Noctowl a snow owl regional variant.

I think we have had examples of birds with similiar enough concepts that still work.

It really depends on how they handle the line. Honestly I'd be a lil more worried that it feel redundant with Rowlet since hypothetically it be happening right after gen7.

Far as the regional variants thing goes, and I say this as someone that enjoys the concept alot..... I don't want a snow owl variant of Noctowl line. There are enough specials of owls that we should have more than 2 owl lines, without having to resort to regional variants. Plus I'd like to see a snow owl with better stats than what Noctowl line has to offer.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Id like some more bear Pokemon with actual useful typing. Im still a couple of slots away from an all-bear team.

Funny enough from what I've noticed all the current bear Pokemon, in thier final form, are weak to Fighting attacks. And they tend to be 2 stage forms.

So we if they wanted to they could at least give us a Rock or Steel bear lines.

I'd love to see a starter bear line, Grass/Rock in final stage. Maybe a mountain bear/berry combo. One stage be called Bearry.

Also building on the 'bear' trend. I want to see the following move added and given to at least all bear Pokemon.

Bear Hug
90bp Physical Fairy
10% flinch chance.

A super strong and loving hug that also doubles as an attack with a chance to flinch if used first.

Zaide

Funny enough from what I've noticed all the current bear Pokemon, in thier final form, are weak to Fighting attacks. And they tend to be 2 stage forms.

So we if they wanted to they could at least give us a Rock or Steel bear lines.

I'd love to see a starter bear line, Grass/Rock in final stage. Maybe a mountain bear/berry combo. One stage be called Bearry.

Also building on the 'bear' trend. I want to see the following move added and given to at least all bear Pokemon.

Bear Hug
90bp Physical Fairy
10% flinch chance.

A super strong and loving hug that also doubles as an attack with a chance to flinch if used first.
It is a blasphemy they didn't give a signature move like this to Bewear. An absolute blasphemy.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d like to see a Pokémon based off of a peacock/peafowl with gender differences that is part Psychic and the males have actual eyes on their tail feathers that amplify their Psychic powers while females get a head feather with an eye that amplifies their powers.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I want a Fairy type bunny, a cute Dragon type that starts as a small flying dragon cause I saw that in my dream :oops: (maybe it could be Dragon/Fairy), and a Pegasus!

This makes me think how I'd like to see a PS4 do that starts off really big and awkward, but in it's final stage is small and cute.

I'd say make it Fairy/Rock and based on gem stone and other valuable stones (seeing as how most are said to be compressed Rock and what not)..... But I can't help but feel it feel to close to Diance and Carbink in some way.

Still it be great to see a line that's basically the opposite of what we are used to, aka bigger to smaller.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Sabretooth Pokemon. Maybe a Steel or Dark Fossil type.

Even though it's not really seen as the best type combo I think a Rock/Steel sabertooth Pokemon would be great. We have alot of a Normal, Dark, and Electric type feline like Pokemon, so a Rock and Steel feline would be unique.

Plus if it was a fast physical attacker it be unique for that type combo.