• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Gen82

I want the regional big to be based on a snail. Maybe it could be Bug Steel and look like a tank/Snail.

Acer11

Several ideas:

Poison/Steel Garbage Can
Red Kangaroo
Wombat
Flamingo
Elephant
Water/Steel Marlin (Swordfish)
Ice/Water Narwhal
Puffin
Fairy/Ground Gnome
Water Starter Octopus
Cheetah
Albatross/Jumbo Jet combination
Scarab
Cuckoo Clock
Gibbon
Baboon
Bluejay
Cardinal
Electric Hamster
Porcupine
Moose
Jack-in-the-Box

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Here is a more specific idea I've had and talked to others about, what do y'all think?

Whattamelon--@30+ and Poisoned-->Rottenelom
Grass--->Poison/Ghost

Whattamelon, The Summer Fruit Pokemon. These happy Pokemon enjoy rolling about during the summer months the most. They will playfully spit Bullet Seed attacks to get attention of those it wants to have fun with.

Rottenelom, The Rotten Fruit Pokemon.
A tragic evolution has caused a major change to this Pokemon. They will attempt to lure people and Pokemon alike closer to it so it can wrap them up with it's vines and absorb thier life force.

Sugarpuff48

Veteran Trainer
If GF does the almost given certainty of fossil pokemon, it would be interesting to have that Sabertooth pokemon, but also a more recently extinct pokemon? Something that was wiped out by Man, but brought back by science. A Thylacine inspired 'mon would be interesting.

Aside from that, a pseudo legendary that isn't part Dragon would be refreshing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I would love to see a Pokémon trio based on possessed spell books that each represent a type of magic. They’ll all be dual Ghost types with one being part Fairy that represents white or good magic, Dark which is for black or dark magic, and Psychic which is for Status and protection spells. Each book is a different color and are levitating which two magical aura hands holding them and turning pages occasionally in idle battle animations and when attacking. I think it’s a unique concept that has been done before in other media. I’d like to see Pokémon do it.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
flying/poison type would be awesome for a bird pokemon and I would think kinda unexpected. maybe the Hooded pitohui?
I have grown very found of the idea of a flying/ice type bird pokemon that looks strong and not delicate.
I love the hummingbird idea of being fairy.
I would like to see some common song birds with unique typings.
if we have a dessert region or area, that can being in alot of possibilities as there are birds who live on the ground or even nest under ground.

Creyk

I would love to see a Pokémon trio based on possessed spell books that each represent a type of magic. They’ll all be dual Ghost types with one being part Fairy that represents white or good magic, Dark which is for black or dark magic, and Psychic which is for Status and protection spells. Each book is a different color and are levitating which two magical aura hands holding them and turning pages occasionally in idle battle animations and when attacking. I think it’s a unique concept that has been done before in other media. I’d like to see Pokémon do it.

I could see them doing something like thtat actually.

Acer11

Which name would be best for a swordfish Pokemon:
Gillance (Gil + Lance) or Marlance (Marlin + Lance)?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

I've been mulling this idea over since your post and like it alot.

My thought is the first stage could be pure Ghost and like a fortune teller orb. With an other worldly eye looking out of it, and the magic hands you mentioned sorta coming out the back and bending back in around it like a fortune teller.

Then it evolves at like lvl30+ when meeting a certain type of enemie (fainting a Dark type gets you the Ghost/Fairy, a Psychic type gets you a Ghost/Dark, and any other type gets you the Ghost/Psychic).

On the face of the book is a jewel that has the same eye from the first stage.

Airin_

or Bunnie
An evolution (or mega, if they must) of Rapidash with big firey wings would be cool.

that would be pretty cool! It would give Rapidash a nice boost.

Fire/Fairy Bunny Starter. Calling it now.

YES, PLEASE!

Still it be great to see a line that's basically the opposite of what we are used to, aka bigger to smaller.

that's actually a really great idea, I'd love to see that!

Love that + a pink fairy armadillo that is Fairy/Ground

if it looks anything like the picture, then I NEED IT. So many possibilities for the new Pokemon.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
I've been mulling this idea over since your post and like it alot.

My thought is the first stage could be pure Ghost and like a fortune teller orb. With an other worldly eye looking out of it, and the magic hands you mentioned sorta coming out the back and bending back in around it like a fortune teller.

Then it evolves at like lvl30+ when meeting a certain type of enemie (fainting a Dark type gets you the Ghost/Fairy, a Psychic type gets you a Ghost/Dark, and any other type gets you the Ghost/Psychic).

On the face of the book is a jewel that has the same eye from the first stage.

I like it however I think the evolution could be simpler. Level 30+ if it knows a fairy attack Ghost/fairy, dark type attack Ghost/Dark, psychic type Psychic/Ghost. If it knows more then one then it evolves into the type that is highest up in the list of attacks.

Here is a more specific idea I've had and talked to others about, what do y'all think?

Whattamelon--@30+ and Poisoned-->Rottenelom
Grass--->Poison/Ghost

Whattamelon, The Summer Fruit Pokemon. These happy Pokemon enjoy rolling about during the summer months the most. They will playfully spit Bullet Seed attacks to get attention of those it wants to have fun with.

Rottenelom, The Rotten Fruit Pokemon.
A tragic evolution has caused a major change to this Pokemon. They will attempt to lure people and Pokemon alike closer to it so it can wrap them up with it's vines and absorb thier life force.

I love this idea

If GF does the almost given certainty of fossil pokemon, it would be interesting to have that Sabertooth pokemon, but also a more recently extinct pokemon? Something that was wiped out by Man, but brought back by science. A Thylacine inspired 'mon would be interesting

Aside from that, a pseudo legendary that isn't part Dragon would be refreshing.

A sabertooth and raptor would be great for fossil pokemon

Dark/Fairy, I think that would be perfect for a pseudo, plus I really want that typing

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
How about something based on the poison dart frog that is brightly colored?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
@DSDark

I do think an easier Evo method for the book would prob work. Just trying something new.

And glad you liked the Whattamelon/Rottenolem line. Was worried no one was seeing that thing. It's one of my favorite ideas.

ShadowForce720

What if for the regional Rodent they based the pokemon off of a Capybara heck they could based it's pre-evolution off of a Coypu, Agouti, or a Guinea pig.

Now if it's pre-evolution is based off a Guinea Pig then they can do something similar to what they did with the Fletchling line where when it evolves it replaces it's Normal typing with a different typing. So here is how some of the evolution lines could break down.

Coypu(Water/Grass or Grass/Water)/Agouti(Water/Grass or Grass/Water)-->Capybara(Water/Grass or Grass/Water)

Guinea Pig(Normal/Grass)-->Capybara(Water/Grass)

Guinea Pig(Normal/Grass)-->Capybara(Water/Grass) or Rock Cavies(Rock/Grass) this could work as a branch evolution line if they want to go down that route, sure I know it may not be that likely that the regional rodent would wind up having a branch evolution line, but you never know since back in gen 3 we had a case where the regional bug was part of a branched evolution line.

Guinea Pig(Normal)-->Rock Cavies(Normal/Rock)
Of course I'm not sure what the names for the pokemon would actually be. Also I could see the Rock Cavies working as a Normal/Rock type.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
What if for the regional Rodent they based the pokemon off of a Capybara heck they could based it's pre-evolution off of a Coypu, Agouti, or a Guinea pig.

Now if it's pre-evolution is based off a Guinea Pig then they can do something similar to what they did with the Fletchling line where when it evolves it replaces it's Normal typing with a different typing. So here is how some of the evolution lines could break down.

Coypu(Water/Grass or Grass/Water)/Agouti(Water/Grass or Grass/Water)-->Capybara(Water/Grass or Grass/Water)

Guinea Pig(Normal/Grass)-->Capybara(Water/Grass)

Guinea Pig(Normal/Grass)-->Capybara(Water/Grass) or Rock Cavies(Rock/Grass) this could work as a branch evolution line if they want to go down that route, sure I know it may not be that likely that the regional rodent would wind up having a branch evolution line, but you never know since back in gen 3 we had a case where the regional bug was part of a branched evolution line.

Guinea Pig(Normal)-->Rock Cavies(Normal/Rock)
Of course I'm not sure what the names for the pokemon would actually be. Also I could see the Rock Cavies working as a Normal/Rock type.

Considering the Capybara is always living near rivers in a certain jungle, Water/Grass and normal/grass wouldn't be to bad. The only reason I say that it should have huge power is because the Capybara is by far the largest rodent out there... too many things about this animal to not ignore.

Luthor

If there's a new Pikaclone I hope its one with an evolutionary line. Most of the Pikaclones are pretty cool but one which has an evolution to me would be cooler.