• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
An Electric-type Hamster.
That’s Dedenne.

Anyway I’m surprised there’s no crane Pokémon yet. The crane is an important symbol in Japan. Fearow doesn’t count as it is more based on the stork given its one Dex entry stating it travels far from its nest which storks do but cranes don’t.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
There is a lizard called a Gliding Lizard, also known as Flying Lizards, also known as Flying Dragons.

Scientific name: Draco
It's higher classification: Dragon Lizard

Just saying it's a lizard that glides from trees and is basically called a dragon. I want one that is a Grass/Dragon.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
How many new Pokémon you think we’ll get in Gen8? I can’t wait! I think we’re getting SO many this time, like Gen 5 or more.

raichu27

Raccoon (Normal/Poison)
Dolphin (water type)
Husky (an ice type)
A Normal/Flying Pokemon that can learn Earthquake
Dragonfly (A Bug/Dragon Pokemon)
A fluffy cat (Electric type)
A Grass/Electric fully evolved starter
A Fire/Fairy Pokemon
A Poison/Steel Pokemon
Earthworm (Bug/Ground Pokemon)
Fire Ant (Bug/Fire Pokemon)
etc.

That's all I can think of right now.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Old idea of mine based on my dislike of butterflyies and belief they are terribly evil and some of the worst bugs out there.

Bug/Dark
Ability: Strategic: At the start of the turn the foes stats are affected by attacking order. And then returned to normal at the end of the turn. (If this Pokemon moves first the targeted Pokemon has both defense stats halved. If this Pokemon attacks last the targeting Pokemon has its attack stats halved.)

The main design draw of it is that the pattern on the wings is different on the inside versus the outside. Inside pattern looks like a friendly face (to lure prey and make them drop thier defenses.) Outside pattern is an intimidating face (to make foes nervous to attack)

Last edited:

Acer11

Raccoon (Normal/Poison)
Dolphin (water type)
Husky (an ice type)
A Normal/Flying Pokemon that can learn Earthquake
Dragonfly (A Bug/Dragon Pokemon)
A fluffy cat (Electric type)
A Grass/Electric fully evolved starter
A Fire/Fairy Pokemon
A Poison/Steel Pokemon
Earthworm (Bug/Ground Pokemon)
Fire Ant (Bug/Fire Pokemon)
etc.

That's all I can think of right now.
Actually, I think a Normal/Dark type would be better for a raccoon, while a dolphin would be Water/Psychic type.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Actually, I think a Normal/Dark type would be better for a raccoon, while a dolphin would be Water/Psychic type.

I'd like to see a Fairy/Dark raccoon as I think the trickster/night time aspect be represented well bebetween that combo.

Or a Grass-- Grass/Dark or Grass/Fairy raccoon starter line.

Mr. Oshawott

Anyway I’m surprised there’s no crane Pokémon yet. The crane is an important symbol in Japan. Fearow doesn’t count as it is more based on the stork given its one Dex entry stating it travels far from its nest which storks do but cranes don’t.
Would Swanna count as a crane-like Pokemon?

raichu27

I was thinking of a racoon as a Normal/Poison type, because raccoons like to dig in trash and they can cause rabies when they bite someone. Plus, we have Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate as a Normal/Dark type.

How would a dolphin be a Water/Psychic type?

Acer11

I was thinking of a racoon as a Normal/Poison type, because raccoons like to dig in trash and they can cause rabies when they bite someone. Plus, we have Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate as a Normal/Dark type.

How would a dolphin be a Water/Psychic type?
The reason I picked a Dark-type for raccoon is because:
1. Raccoons are Nocturnal
2. They're like thieves since they steal food from trash cans or unattended camp sites
3. The markings around their eyes resemble eye masks typically worn by stereotypical thieves

As for dolphin, I pick part psychic because they are believed to be one of the more smarter animals, and they use echolocation to communicate with others of their kind. And I recall some forum users suggesting that same type combination when hoping for a dolphin Pokemon. And Lanturn doesn't count as a dolphin since it doesn't have a blowhole or a dorsal fin.

Acer11

The Llama would either be a grass type or an electric type (or both), and the flamingo would at least have flying type. Also, hypothetically, I would think a pure flying-type cumulus cloud pokemon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
The Llama would either be a grass type or an electric type (or both), and the flamingo would at least have flying type. Also, hypothetically, I would think a pure flying-type cumulus cloud pokemon.

Actually your last statement reminded me of an old idea I had, curious on your thoughts.

It be a sea turtle, but instead of a shell it has a cloud body. Three stage Flying type that becomes Flying/Electric in after evolving once. Hidden Ability is Drizzle.

Instead of being sea turtles that swim in the ocean, they are sea turtles that "swim" or rather float/fly in the sky.

Thoughts?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Some ideas
A Psychic/Flying type peacock or Psychic/Flying type peahen that’s an evolved form of a Normal/Flying type peachick Pokemon. Would be a good idea for a regional bird to have a gender-based evolution.
Water/Flying type flamingo chick that evolves into Water/Flying flamingo with strong attack stat and high speed.
Ghost/Water type possessed rubber Ducklett that learns some rubber duck based moves (like Squeak, which does a bit of damage (maybe 50-60) and always confuses the opponent or causes some sort of rage effect on them), the story is it would be based off a rubber Ducklett a child who drowned in a tub from a mysterious ghost spirit had (a bit dark, but could work). It would have a new ability that makes it regain HP if hit with a water type move (all of its HP) but lose half of its HP if hit with Scald.
Fairy/Poison type death angel mushroom Pokémon which has 2 evolutional stages after it.
Fairy/Psychic type angel-like Pokémon.
Normal/Ghost type Halloween ghost Pokémon (it would only be weak to Dark and have 3 immunities).
Poison/Dark type Pokémon armed with bug spray cannons that has a Poison-type move that’s super effective on Bug-types.
Electric/Bug type firefly.
Steel/Poison type mercury-based Pokémon.
Regional bird could be a Normal/Flying that evolves into a different type
Blue jay is a good idea. Could evolve into a Psychic/Flying type and have Screech at an early level.
Crane is also a good idea for the regional water bird.
Maybe a green leafbird which is a bird native to Indonesia which would be a Grass/Flying type.
Last but not least, the regional rodent being a capybara is an excellent idea, and I could see GameFreak doing that.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
We could use the following:
A moose
A dachshund Fire type
A boxing kangaroo
A flamingo
A macaw parrot
A Pegasus
A mountain goat
A haunted broken doll
A hummingbird

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
We could use the following:
A moose
A dachshund Fire type
A boxing kangaroo
A flamingo
A macaw parrot
A Pegasus
A mountain goat
A haunted broken doll
A hummingbird
I could see the broken doll being a Normal/Ghost or Dark/Ghost type.

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
I concur with the regional bird that is something other than Normal/Flying, or becomes something else upon evolution. We have enough Normal/Flying birds and if we really have to have a regional bird and the Pokedex sizes really have to be smaller form now on, then don't waste a valuable slot on a type combination that already has 11 evolution lines.

Personally I'd like a Grass/Flying or Fairy/Flying Hummingbird. A peacock could also work as a lot of type combinations: Grass/Flying, Fairy/Flying, Psychic/Flying. And that would just be the most obvious ones.

Besides that, well...

A Water/Grass type that isn't hideous (Manatee, Lotus, River Dolphin, lots of things possible with a bit of creativity)
A Fairy typed *High Medieval* Unicorn.
A water typed Elephant.
A House Fly (Bug/Dark)

I dig the house-fly idea, or any kind of 'pest' Pokemon, like a termite or bed bug too. But what I really want to see is a Fire/Water type that isn't exclusive as a legendary.

Damn that's probably the coolest typing to me. Contradictory in every way, yet still feasible to work well.