• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Creyk

I would love to see more Pokemon that are based off of weapons, like Haxorus and Aegislash.
Remoraid and Octillery are also based off of weapons, and the ghost/grass gen 7 starter is an archer.
So we have sword, gun, arrow, shield, cannon.

What else is there?

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Remoraid and Octillery are also based off of weapons, and the ghost/grass gen 7 starter is an archer.
So we have sword, gun, arrow, shield, cannon.

What else is there?

A trebuchet

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Bet there's still some interesting kinds of swords, bows and arrows and what not weapon wise that could be made into Pokémon. Seen some different ones on Forged in Fire that would make for cool ones.

Some examples:

There are more here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9MAhZQQd9egwWCxrwSIsJQ (the History Channel)

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There are hundreds of thousands of different objects we've devised to kill each other over the past 10,000 years or so. While I wouldn't be against some more loosely weapons-themed Pokemon, I don't think every individual variation of weaponry we see throughout history needs to be represented, only the most prominent and/or generic ones that anyone can recognize, even if they know nothing about historical arms.

That being said, it does give me an idea. What about a Pokemon that starts out with elements of a catapult or trebuchet, evolves into a renaissance-style cannon, and then into an artillery emplacement? It would be like a living representation of the evolution of real-world siege weaponry. I think if done properly (and abstractly) enough, it could be a cool concept.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I want a genuine dolphin Pokemon. Lanturn always gets cited as being dolphin-based, but I don't see it. I want something similar to those dolphins from the Mario games.
Yea I always thought it was more whale related to be honest. Never could see the dolphin side of it.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I want a Pokemon based on coyotes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
I want a genuine dolphin Pokemon. Lanturn always gets cited as being dolphin-based, but I don't see it. I want something similar to those dolphins from the Mario games.

I was hoping we'd get a dolphin Pokemon in Gen VII, but since that didn't happen then I guess Gen VIII is the next best place. I also want a new whale Pokemon just to tie in with the British monarchy's "royal fish" law.

silentspaceman

Casually Competitive
Double Posting
I would love to see more Pokemon that are based off of weapons, like Haxorus and Aegislash.
Actually I had this idea for a scorpion with an artillery cannon instead of a stinger.

silentspaceman

Casually Competitive
What if there was a scorpion Pokemon that had two final evolutions like oddish and poliwag, and one of them has a flail for a tail, and the other a trebuchet?
No idea what conditions would determine which it would evolve into though

Edit: maybe based on stats like Tyrogue, like higher attack = flail, high special attack = trebuchet?

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Not sure if I said it already, but I'd like a couple more flower Pokemon that aren't generic flowers or the Rafflesia Arnoldii (or patterned after/look-alikes of the Rafflesia).
Right now I can only think of Sunflora (sunflower, walking piece of crap), Cherrim (Sakura) and he Roserade line (Roses) and sorta Hophip (Dandelion, but doesn't really look like it)
And a lot of the "generic" flower Pokemon have pink/red blossoms. We are on the Switch now, and the designers can afford more than 12 aquarelle pencils so we can get a bit more variety and colour here.

I'd like to see, at some point: Violets, Snowdrops, Waratah (Grass/Fire) Lotus Blossoms (Grass/Water), Lillies, Lilac, Cornflowers, Poppies, Bluebells... There's a lot I'd like to see.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
@Orphalesion

I'd like a new Grass flower that has the same dopey look as Bellsprout and Sunflora, but you know, better stats, fully evolved, maybe a better type combo.

Most flowery Pokemon have a very feminine vibe. It be fun if they could make one that's super masculine.... Wonder what kind of flower they could do that with.......

DSDark

Breeder
Pseudo Legendary/strong pokemon ideas

Dark/Fairy fallen angel gnome elf thing

Ghost/Fighting Fighter mummy (think mummified Sawk)

Poison/Psychic Ninja medium carries a crystal ball.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I'm thinking we'll get around 80 pokemon.

These are my predictions for type distribution: (note all dual types are counted for both types in my prediction)
It's really long so I put it in spoiler box
Normal 8-9 because it's a common type but I don't think we'll get that many of then with such small amount of new pokemon and i think they'll distribute pokemon among types fairly equally.
Fighting 4-5 because I don't think there will be that many because I feel like fightning type don't really fit the theme of galar that well.
Flying 7-9 same reasons as normal.
Poison 4-8 I have many different ideas for what kind of pokemon they could introduce but then again some of them kind of overlap and Poison usually doesn't get that many.
Ground at least 5-6 Since despite being a common type they haven't got that many pokemon in the last 2 gens I think they'll introduce more this gen. But I don't really see that many ares for them in the map.
Rock at least 6. Because I predict Grookey's Final evolution getting Rock type + 4 fossil pokemon. And I think they'll get at least one more new pokemon.
Bug 7-9 because It's a common type and there's many kinds of bugs in UK but still I don't think they'll introduce that many since it's a colder region.
Ghost 5-8 Since I Predict Sobble's final evolution getting ghost type. And while there's many kind of things they could do with ghost types I think they may Introduce a smaller amount this gen since they introducted so many in the last few gens.
Steel 8-10 I can see many new Steel Types being introducted with the Region's heavy Industrial Theme.
Fire 6-8 Since despite being a colder regions they could put many fire types in the steam punk area + Scorbunny's line.
Water 8-10 Since there isn't really that much water expect for the lakes in the south & middle. I don't think we'll get that many new Water Types. + Sobble's Line.
Grass 9-12 Since the south and the middle are full of grass I think there are many areas for potential new grass types. + Grookey's line.
Electric 4-6 My prediction for Scorbunnys's Final evolution, + pikaclone. But not that many since it's a rare type and I don't see that many areas for them.
Psychic 3-6 you may be wondering why so few. Well that's because I don't think Psychic types fit the theme of the region. And I can't think of many ideas for new Psychic Types.
Ice at least 5-6 because we got so few in the last two gens and there's the huge cold area in Galar. So I think we'll get at least 3 evolution lines.
Dragon 4-8 I'm not sure if We'll get a lot or just a small amount of new Dragon types. Because Dragons don't really fit the industrial theme of Galar but on other hand there's a lots of different Dragons in british folklore
Dark 7-9 We didn't get that many dark types last gen & there's a lot of different evil beings in British Folklore. And Dark types can be applied to Galar's industrial theme too.
Fairy 7-11 same reasons as dragon.

Orphalesion

@Orphalesion

I'd like a new Grass flower that has the same dopey look as Bellsprout and Sunflora, but you know, better stats, fully evolved, maybe a better type combo.

Most flowery Pokemon have a very feminine vibe. It be fun if they could make one that's super masculine.... Wonder what kind of flower they could do that with.......

I think a Pansy would work well for a "dopey but strong" Flower Pokemon. Like a Pansy-based Grass/Fairy Pseudo-Legendary that ends up looking like a sweet old lady. haha.

For a manly Flower Pokemon, well could use a lot really, a Hibiscus Superhero with the flower forming the cape, maybe a literal Grass/Steel "Sword Lilly" knight?
Or a generic flower kngith, with a flower beard and stuff like in those Acrimboldo painting (the guy with the heads made out of, among other things flowers and fruit)

Come to think of it, we need some more fruit Pokemon imho.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Come to think of it, we need some more fruit Pokemon imho.
I 100% agree with that. I want more fruit Grass types, and I would like to see a new 3 stage cactus. Something combining an animal and a cactus ideally. Maybe based on a cactus cat or a desert lizards.

Grass/Steel or Grass/Ground or Grass/Water could all three work for a new cactus Pokemon.