• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Lilligantastic

A feminine flower Pokemon seems to be a staple addition in every gen since Johto.

2 - Bellossom
3 - Roselia
4 - Roserade
5 - Lilligant
6 - Florges (although it's not technically a Grass type)
7 - Tsareena / Lurantis

So chances are they'll keep this up, which I'm happy with as I like pretty much all these Pokemon. A more masculine option would be cool too though. Maybe another dual evolution like Gloom with Gardevoir / Gallade-esque evolutions?

Orphalesion

I 100% agree with that. I want more fruit Grass types, and I would like to see a new 3 stage cactus. Something combining an animal and a cactus ideally. Maybe based on a cactus cat or a desert lizards.

Grass/Steel or Grass/Ground or Grass/Water could all three work for a new cactus Pokemon.

A Grass/Water Cactus would be very creative. They sometimes seem to like to make Nintendo allusions with their Pokemon and with a water/grass cactus I could see a homage to that old Mario Bros villain https://www.mariowiki.com/Pokey
A small cactus Pokemon, filled with water that "assembles" itself into a moving tower as it evolves.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I hope we’ll get a shield bug in Shield and a horsefly with a sword for a mouth in Sword.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
A Grass/Water Cactus would be very creative. They sometimes seem to like to make Nintendo allusions with their Pokemon and with a water/grass cactus I could see a homage to that old Mario Bros villain https://www.mariowiki.com/Pokey
A small cactus Pokemon, filled with water that "assembles" itself into a moving tower as it evolves.

What about a new camel/cactus water/grass Pokemon.

It would be a double reference to cactuses supposedly having water in them, as well as how they say a camels hump is full of water.

Also I could see a Grass/Ground spinney lizard. It could burry it's head in the sand during the day and stick it's body straight up in the air almost like the shape of a cactus.

Also.... Just saying a Grass/Steel cactus cat practically names itself, aka Catcus

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A Ground-type prairie dog

A Ground/Rock-type armadillo

Also Pokemon based on opossums, echidnas, tapirs, lemurs, aardvarks and manatees among other mammals that don't have Pokemon based on them.

derekrandall

A Ground-type prairie dog

A Ground/Rock-type armadillo

Also Pokemon based on opossums, echidnas, tapirs, lemurs, aardvarks and manatees among other mammals that don't have Pokemon based on them.

I love tapirs! But isn’t that kind of what drowzee and musharna are based on?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I love tapirs! But isn’t that kind of what drowzee and musharna are based on?
Yes. Drowzee and Musharna are based on tapirs and draw more inspiration from a Yokai that resembles the animal and eats the dreams of people. I can never remember what it’s called but it is a common figure in Yokai lore.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lilligantastic said:
A feminine flower Pokemon seems to be a staple addition in every gen since Johto.

2 - Bellossom
3 - Roselia
4 - Roserade
5 - Lilligant
6 - Florges (although it's not technically a Grass type)
7 - Tsareena / Lurantis

So chances are they'll keep this up, which I'm happy with as I like pretty much all these Pokemon. A more masculine option would be cool too though. Maybe another dual evolution like Gloom with Gardevoir / Gallade-esque evolutions?

Grass-types in general seem to have more feminine-looking Pokemon than any other type with the exception of the Fairy-type I suppose, so I do expect a new feminine Grass-type in Gen VIII. Since roses have already been covered by the Roselia line, I'd like a lily of the valley themed Grass-type simply because I like those flowers.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d really like to see a lobster Pokémon that has metal plating for its exoskeleton. I even came up with the name Lobsteel for such a Pokémon.

keithpetrosky

I feel Porygon Z is incomplete. Being you upgrade it, it’s evolutions are never truly finished. I would like to see it become a humanoid looking robot in its classic pink and blue coloring of course

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m just hoping we’ll get regional variants again since that was one of my favorite features from Gen VII. However, this time I hope they’ll use more than just Gen I pokémon, especially since they’re done celebrating all of the 20th anniversaries

PokeMon2.0

I hope we get a non-starter chicken Pokémon.
Would be starting out as a chick, then based on its gender, the next evolution after the second would be split. Between a fast Physical Attack based rooster and a Medium Speed Special Attack & status/healing based hen. Rooster would be Fighting/Flying and hen would be a Psychic/Flying type.
They could do the same with a peacock or turkey.
Some moves they would learn
Chicks: Peck, Quick Attack, Sand Attack, Baby Doll Eyes, Aerial Ace, Mud Slap, Tail Whip.
Rooster: Metal Claw, Slash, Night Slash, Fly, High Jump Kick, Wing Attack, Psycho Cut, Drill Peck, Low Sweep, Brick Break, Spur Kick (new move that does damage and has a chance to flinch), Synchronoise, Screech, Growl, Leer
Hen: Psychic, Psybeam, Egg Bomb, Softboiled, Growl, Heal Pulse, Air Slash, Recover, Glare, Air Cutter, Synchronoise, Leer, Screech, Psywave, Future Sight.
Abilities would be
First baby chick: Run Away/Keen Eye. HA: Fluffy.
Older chick/young chicken: Quick Feet/Keen Eye. HA: Tangled Feet.
Rooster: Iron Kicks (Iron Fist for kicking moves, would also be an ability for Hitmonlee)/Keen Eye. HA: Intimidate.
Hen: Pecking Order (the highest level Pokémon on your team in Double Battles moves first always when this Pokémon is in play)/Keen Eye. HA: Telepathy.

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Hatchick--w/method A-->Roarrior
Or----w/method B---->Passafist

Ground--w/M.A Ground/Fighting
Ground--w/M.B Ground/Fairy

Hatchick, The Impressionable Pokemon. It's said that Hatchick watch those around them constantly and learn. Their behavior is very reflective of those they are around. As such it has been see. That they will become more hostile or more meek when they are close to evolving. Regardless they are loyal and love kicking up dust when they play.

Roarrior
Evolves from Hatchick with Max happiness when leveled up during a battle.

Roarrior, The Fighting Pokemon.
Roarrior are often found fighting. Be it with friend or foe they appear hostile. This is because the way they show love and hate is the same, via battle. The kicking up of dirt in your face can be seen as a sign that they either wish you harm, or would like to be friends. It is for this reason most trainers that raise one are never sure we're they stand with this Pokemon.

Passafist
Evolves from Hatchick with Max happiness, when leveled up out of battle.

Passafist, The Peaceful Pokemon. Passafist have a strong dislike for battle and would prefer to not be apart of them. But it has a habit of disliking confrontation about any subject and will often fight to avoid fighting. They are often seen running to the aid of those in need, even if it's someone that means them harm. Trainers that raise them often feel loved and appreciated.

PokeMon2.0

Good ideas!
I could also see a Water/Psychic dolphin too. Would probably have the abilities Telepathy and maybe one called Echolocation that hits sound moves on targets that are using any kind of shield and hits Reflect/Light Screen/Aurora Veil without them affecting the damage.
It would be a two stage.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
I’d really like to see a lobster Pokémon that has metal plating for its exoskeleton. I even came up with the name Lobsteel for such a Pokémon.

I'm tempted to say that Heigani's (Corphish's) line and Udeppou's (Clauncher's) line are good enough as lobster-like Pokemon, but I know that nothing is stopping Game Freak from making another similar Pokemon since they've repeated species when designing new Pokemon several times in the past.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That all past illegal shinies now are legal and obtainable. Everyone wants the shinies :cool:
Some of the locked Shinies such as Lunala and Necrozma are nice looking but then you’ve got Magearna who literally has no Shiny difference since its Original Color form hasn’t been released and is the only form to have a noticeable Shiny and Volcanion whose colors are very pleasing to the eyes.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm tempted to say that Heigani's (Corphish's) line and Udeppou's (Clauncher's) line are good enough as lobster-like Pokemon, but I know that nothing is stopping Game Freak from making another similar Pokemon since they've repeated species when designing new Pokemon several times in the past.

Corphish and Crawdaunt are found exclusively in fresh water. That, combined with Crawdaunt's name, probably means they're based on crawfish rather than lobsters. Clauncher and Clawitzer seems to be based on giant, oversized alpheidae, or pistol shrimp.