• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dream Lad said:
I would love it if Mightyena got a random final evolutionary form.

I remember thinking that this would happen in Gen V since the first Zoroark silhouette that we got reminded me of a werewolf, so I thought that Graena (Mightyena) might evolve back then. I'd like to see an evolution of it now, although I fear that Gen VIII might skimp on evolutions of older Pokemon and will just continue the trend of introducing completely original Pokemon.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Perhaps a Pokemon based on Eurasian wolves?

silentspaceman

Casually Competitive
You know what would be kinda cool?
Seeing as we have so many Pokemon based off wolves and foxes, it'd be nice to have a Pokemon based off of a coyote.
I'm thinking ground/electric type. (Heat lightning)
Probably not this gen, but maybe in a future gen?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'd like to point out something:

In Pokémon's website, it shows Drednaw battling against a Golurk at Lv. 55. A different image also shows a Lv. 60 Corviknight battling a Bewear at the same level. Now, I already had a strong feeling Corviknight is a stand-alone, but why would they show a Drednaw at such a high level when they have already shown it against Scorbunny in the trailer? I'm not saying it won't evolve, but level may not be the deciding factor here? They could have certainly promoted it battling a Level 30 or similar.

PI7dga.png

ShadowForce720

I'd like to point out something:

In Pokémon's website, it shows Drednaw battling against a Golurk at Lv. 55. A different image also shows a Lv. 60 Corviknight battling a Bewear at the same level. Now, I already had a strong feeling Corviknight is a stand-alone, but why would they show a Drednaw at such a high level when they have already shown it against Scorbunny in the trailer? I'm not saying it won't evolve, but level may not be the deciding factor here? They could have certainly promoted it battling a Level 30 or similar.

PI7dga.png

Well even if they don't have evolved forms that doesn't necessarily mean that they are standalone pokemon as they could easily have 1 or 2 pre-evolutions. I think right now most people are thinking that if Corviknight is part of an evolution line that it is probably the final stage of that line and that it has one or two pre-evolutions, while in Dreadnaw's case people are probably thinking that if it does evolve it will just evolve once into a Water/Steel type pokemon although it could also have a pre-evolution.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Well even if they don't have evolved forms that doesn't necessarily mean that they are standalone pokemon as they could easily have 1 or 2 pre-evolutions. I think right now most people are thinking that if Corviknight is part of an evolution line that it is probably the final stage of that line and that it has one or two pre-evolutions, while in Dreadnaw's case people are probably thinking that if it does evolve it will just evolve once into a Water/Steel type pokemon although it could also have a pre-evolution.
I am aware of that. Though, Corviknight's abilities and general design gives me a stand-alone vibes regardless of the levels shown here. Matter of a fact I thought the Direct has specifically chosen them to display different class:
  • Wooloo: Base First-Stage Pokémon, Gossifleur/Eldegoss: Evolution Family, Corviknight: Stand-alone, Drednaw: Fossil.
I may be wrong, given Drednaw is seen roaming around the Wild Area. My assumption is it evolves, and may have a pre-evolution, however for something that screams evolving to be shown at 55 is as odd as promoting a starter at Level 60 fighting a legendary.

TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury
I am aware of that. Though, Corviknight's abilities and general design gives me a stand-alone vibes regardless of the levels shown here. Matter of a fact I thought the Direct has specifically chosen them to display different class:
  • Wooloo: Base First-Stage Pokémon, Gossifleur/Eldegoss: Evolution Family, Corviknight: Stand-alone, Drednaw: Fossil.
I may be wrong, given Drednaw is seen roaming around the Wild Area. My assumption is it evolves, and may have a pre-evolution, however for something that screams evolving to be shown at 55 is as odd as promoting a starter at Level 60 fighting a legendary.

Nope, Drednaw can’t/won’t be a fossil for a couple of reasons.
1. 95% sure it’s Water/Rock when all fossil Pokémon are Rock/XXXX
2. Doubt they’d do another turtle/tortoise fossil that’s the same type

ShadowForce720

Nope, Drednaw can’t/won’t be a fossil for a couple of reasons.
1. 95% sure it’s Water/Rock when all fossil Pokémon are Rock/XXXX
2. Doubt they’d do another turtle/tortoise fossil that’s the same type

Just pointing this out but while it's true that most fossil pokemon are Rock/XXXX, there is the fact that Tirtouga despite being a fossil pokemon is a Water/Rock type instead of Rock/Water type. Also just because it's the same type as Tirtouga and based on a similar animal I don't think that would prevent it from being a fossil pokemon, with that being said however I don't think it's a fossil pokemon, because I'm pretty sure if Drednaw was supposed to be a fossil pokemon they would have just told us that it was. So if anything I don't think Drednaw is a fossil pokemon.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Drednaw is not a new fossil Pokemon.

When they revealed Amaura and Tyrunt they explicitly stated they were fossil Pokemon.

They would've done the same for Drednaw if that was the case, and it's not.

EDIT: Not to mention they literally showed Drednaw walking around in the Wild Area.

Frostfall

I got the corgi I was wanting. I'd love a blue jay pokemon, and a feathered dinosaur/raptor pokemon more like dakotaraptor rather than archeopterix since we already had one along that theme. I'd love a maned wolf pokemon but that would be more of a South America setting, wouldn't be as appropriate here. This won't happen at all unless they go bug type, but I'd love a fairy type eevee that has gossamer translucent wings, is delicate and has glowing antennae, but they opted to have flesh ribbons instead for that typing. More eevee evolutions without flesh clothes or beards (notice a pet peeve here :p ) Some western styled dragons without giant lower jaws for this go around and maybe some eastern styled dragons without beards/mustaches for a future release. Bioluminescent critter with a cool design, dark main color such as midnight blue or black, and glowing blue/cyan areas, species doesn't really matter as long as I like the design.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'd like to see a more official Kangaroo Pokemon. The closest we have is Kangaskhan, which honestly is mostly just Kangaroo by that bit in it's name and the baby/pouch thing.

I'd like to see one that's more faithful to the body type, and while maybe it still has a pouch don't have it have a baby in it (save for that inevitable anime episode).

I'm thinking focus on the powerful kicks. Maybe a Ground/Fighting type.

I'd like to see a more official Kangaroo Pokemon. The closest we have is Kangaskhan, which honestly is mostly just Kangaroo by that bit in it's name and the baby/pouch thing.

I'd like to see one that's more faithful to the body type, and while maybe it still has a pouch don't have it have a baby in it (save for that inevitable anime episode).

I'm thinking focus on the powerful kicks. Maybe a Ground/Fighting type.

I think Breloom is supposed to be modeled after a kangaroo, though with smaller feet.

Orphalesion

I agree Kangaskhan is a terrible Kangaroo Pokemon. It's just another of those bumpy, chubby, vaguely reptilian kaiju mons from Gen 1 and thus isn't much of anything.
Breloom is a better Kangaroo, yes.

But...we could always have an even better one (plus blablabla we have a million butterflies/dogs/cats etcetcetc). Imho a kangaroo could be an interesting Ground, Fire or Ground/Fire Pokemon for example.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
th

Excalibur, the most powerful and most irritating weapon in Soul Eater. Now Imagine that as a Pokemon lol and I'm actually being serious here, this is not a joke, because I don't think GameFreak has actually ever done this idea yet lol. So what if GameFreak decided to make their very own "Excalibur" Pokemon. A Pokemon so absolutely broken that it's lore-wise more stronger than Mewtwo and more competitively broken then Mega Rayquaza BUT this Pokemon is also cursed. It's curse is that it's the most annoying entity in the entire Pokemon multiverse that not even competitive players would touch it if competitions allowed "Anything Goes" Pokemon. I actually kind of want to see GameFreak attempt to do this one day lol.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Wouldn't Honedge, Doublade and Aegislash kind of fit the bill there?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I don't mean the concept of weapons. I mean the concept of a downright broken Pokemon and it's curse is simply it's just absolutely irritating.
Oh I see. Like a legendary one we have to help out in some way?