• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh I see. Like a legendary one we have to help out in some way?
Not exactly. I mean like a literal OP Pokemon that annoys the player. For example, let's just say this Excalibur-inspired Pokemon halves all damage it takes, is immune to statuses and it deals damage twice more to other Pokemon. Sounds like a pretty good start to making a broken Pokemon right?

Now what is the curse, your not really in control of this Pokemon and it often makes random decisions every time you try to command it. It's kind of like a trade Pokemon beyond your control only it doesn't matter how many badges you have, it will never ever listen to you. What makes this even more annoying is that sometimes this Pokemon could perhaps telekinetically tell long stories of it's life in the text during the battle, dragging the battle and annoying the hell out of both you and your opponent to the point that your opponent and his Mega Rayquaza has had enough of this and just forfeits the fight because they don't want any part of this annoying battle lol. That's the kind of annoying and broken Pokemon I'm talking about.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not exactly. I mean like a literal OP Pokemon that annoys the player. For example, let's just say this Excalibur-inspired Pokemon halves all damage it takes, is immune to statuses and it deals damage twice more to other Pokemon. Sounds like a pretty good start to making a broken Pokemon right?

Now what is the curse, your not really in control of this Pokemon and it often makes random decisions every time you try to command it. It's kind of like a trade Pokemon beyond your control only it doesn't matter how many badges you have, it will never ever listen to you. What makes this even more annoying is that sometimes this Pokemon could perhaps telekinetically tell long stories of it's life in the text during the battle, dragging the battle and annoying the hell out of both you and your opponent to the point that your opponent and his Mega Rayquaza has had enough of this and just forfeits the fight because they don't want any part of this annoying battle lol. That's the kind of annoying and broken Pokemon I'm talking about.
Oh. That sounds like it's not any kind of fun. I wouldn't want that Pokémon. Ever.

rhynosaurus

"FOOL!" I'm enjoying the reference, but yeah I'm not sure how well that would work. But with Slaking and Regigigas I guess a lighter version of that could be possible.

shoz999

"FOOL!" I'm enjoying the reference, but yeah I'm not sure how well that would work. But with Slaking and Regigigas I guess a lighter version of that could be possible.
bb80d9a3066d11ad3512480896953e60.jpg

The fact that @WishIhadaManafi5 said he would never want this kind of Pokemon... ever... means this Pokemon concept would work perfectly. You know what would be even more funny. If this was an actual face animation in Pokemon and other players would say "You met him too huh?"

silentspaceman

Casually Competitive
Or maybe the only move it could learn is something like present (or metronome), except with even more random effects?
It would get basically hard countered by disable though.
Edit: Or even this combined with all of the above, plus it confuses itself a lot just because.
(What have I done...)

Orphalesion

I know JRPGs sometimes like their lethal joke characters, but I'm not sure Pokemon battles are long enough for something like that to be modeled to any capacity. In a game like Final Fantasy where you can spend half an hour just thrashing on some Superboss, maybe, but not in Pokemon.
Plus I can imagine something like that would be banned fairly quickly.

Though I gotta admit it would be kidna fun to have that Pokemon in the middle of battle suddenly start something like Excalibur's little song and dance number for no apparent reason and everybody has to sit through the whole thing before the battle can commence.
Just think Pokemon isn't experimental enough for that, and the battles too short.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
bb80d9a3066d11ad3512480896953e60.jpg

The fact that @WishIhadaManafi5 said he would never want this kind of Pokemon... ever... means this Pokemon concept would work perfectly.
Radical idea, but maybe making a Pokemon whose entire gimmick is that it's annoying and unbalanced to the point where nobody wants anything to do with it is kind of a bad concept to begin with.

shoz999

Radical idea, but maybe making a Pokemon whose entire gimmick is that it's annoying and unbalanced to the point where nobody wants anything to do with it is kind of a bad concept to begin with.
Or maybe that's the whole point of the concept to begin with. Can you imagine all the "OH HELL NO!" reactions if they ever encounter this kind of Pokemon.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Or maybe that's the whole point of the concept to begin with. Can you imagine all the "OH HELL NO!" reactions if they ever encounter this kind of Pokemon.
And that's a good thing how, exactly? If there was a Pokemon that wiped your save data when you encountered it, it would elicit the same kind of reaction. Do you think adding such a Pokemon is anything short of a terrible idea?

Annoying people for the sake of annoying them is juvenile, and definitely not a good way to develop a game.

shoz999

And that's a good thing how, exactly? If there was a Pokemon that wiped your save data when you encountered it, it would elicit the same kind of reaction. Do you think adding such a Pokemon is anything short of a terrible idea?
It's supposed to be a joke, the most powerful useless Pokemon in existence up there with Dunsparce and Bidoof. The difference between an annoying Pokemon and a Pokemon that wipes your save data is that with an annoying Pokemon, there's no harm before and after you encounter such a Pokemon, a wipe-data Pokemon is not a good example in my opinion.

Ning

What about a sailing ship Pokémon? Maybe even based off the Portuguese Man-o-War too. (The animal)

Water of course but second type? Types I could see are flying, ghost, steel, fighting, poison. We have tons of water/flying, if Sobble is water/ghost that would give 3 water/ghost types with Jellicent in. Water/steel would be a stretch but cannons are metal. Water/fighting even more of a stretch but they are ships of war. Water/poison for the Man-o-War organism. (They do sting)

shoz999

What about a sailing ship Pokémon? Maybe even based off the Portuguese Man-o-War too. (The animal)

Water of course but second type? Types I could see are flying, ghost, steel, fighting, poison. We have tons of water/flying, if Sobble is water/ghost that would give 3 water/ghost types with Jellicent in. Water/steel would be a stretch but cannons are metal. Water/fighting even more of a stretch but they are ships of war. Water/poison for the Man-o-War organism. (They do sting)
I thought of something similar too, specifically a ghost ship that evolves from Dhelmise.

Ning

That definitely would be cool and I’d love it since I love Dhelmise . I’m just concerned Dhelmise won’t make the cut because of the proliferation of ghost/grass types.

Dhelmise is probably a distant 4th in the ghost/grass type race. Pumpkaboo is in, I’d be shocked if Phantump isn’t (there’s even a ghost-like Forest), and Rowlet is at the top of Pokémon popularity. There’d have to be a lot of Pokémon in the Galar dex (500 or more) to justify 4 ghost/grass types.

Believe me, I’d love it. I’m trying to get a good Dhelmise in a cool pokeball right now just in case it’s in to transfer over to SwSh but sadly I doubt it happens.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I hope we have a different regional bird. Corviknight gives me late game bird like Braviary vibes.
I think our regional bird might be a unique type, which would be Electric/Flying or Ice/Flying. I'd love a jay or cardinal Pokémon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I hope we have a different regional bird. Corviknight gives me late game bird like Braviary vibes.
I think our regional bird might be a unique type, which would be Electric/Flying or Ice/Flying. I'd love a jay or cardinal Pokémon.

While I would definitely love a regional bird with either of those typings, I think the fact that Corviknight has such a unique design compared to other regional birds makes me want it to be the regional bird all the more.

Orphalesion

I really wish Croviknight was the regional bird, but right now I'm sadly not feeling it and am afraid that it will be a single stage Pokemon and that the regional bird will be some Normal/Flying thing *yet again*

It's kind of weird actually that we haven't seen the regional bird (unless it really is Croviknight) and rodent yet...