• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Orphalesion

I say again that I don't want them to model all new Pokemon closely on British things, I'm alright with some British inspired Pokemon, and I really want a Fairy/Ghost Cheshire Cat, but I also want things that aren't directly related to the UK. We already have a couple of those: Imps originate from Pan-Germanic mythology, snapping turtles aren't exactly native to the British Islands as far as I'm aware and cotton isn't commonly grown in the UK either.

However a thing that is somewhat related to the UK (as it's the heraldic animal of Scotland) I would still really like to see would be a classical Medieval unicorn. Fairy, Fair/Water or Fairy/Grass typed, it's movepool focused on recovery, healing and protection moves.
And no I'm not talking about a winged unicorn (alicorn), but the very classical archetype from the songs and tapestries.

DannyDark

I say again that I don't want them to model all new Pokemon closely on British things, I'm alright with some British inspired Pokemon, and I really want a Fairy/Ghost Cheshire Cat, but I also want things that aren't directly related to the UK. We already have a couple of those: Imps originate from Pan-Germanic mythology, snapping turtles aren't exactly native to the British Islands as far as I'm aware and cotton isn't commonly grown in the UK either.

However a thing that is somewhat related to the UK (as it's the heraldic animal of Scotland) I would still really like to see would be a classical Medieval unicorn. Fairy, Fair/Water or Fairy/Grass typed, it's movepool focused on recovery, healing and protection moves.
And no I'm not talking about a winged unicorn (alicorn), but the very classical archetype from the songs and tapestries.

As long as the unicorn is different enough design-wise to Rapidash, I'd absolutely be down with that.

Legendary trio of a Lion, Dragon and Unicorn would honestly be pretty cool.. Obviously reflecting England, Wales and Scotland.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

I'd def be game to see a new take on the unicorn. We have Rapidash, but I feel like it's being a unicorn isn't a major factor of it's design. And I wanna say I feel like Keldeo is unicorn-ish.... But a full fledged unicorn be fun.

/Fairy for sure ... Not sure on it's econd type, I suppose Grass/Fairy could work. And maybe have it play into the concept of magic/witches/wizards in that it's horn is like a wand it can cast spells with. Magicorn.... Wizacorn ... Witchicorn. Lol not sure about the name. But def give it access to all attacks with 'magic' in their name. Maybe Serene Grace as a ability or HA..... Hmmm... May need to concept this one out a bit more.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
This came to me as a random shower thought last night.

I got the idea for a water/fairy, or maybe water/dark Pokemon with a connection to the moon (thinking about it more, water/fairy would definitely be the better typing given faeries connections to the moon in Pokemon). It would be serpentine, or some some sort of majestic looking sea creature. It would be a mythical or psuedo that lives in waters of Galar and have the ability to use its connection to the moon to control the waves. Its signature move would be called "Tidal Wave", and would be a high base power water attack, It would also be able to learn Moon Blast.

I think it could be a good concept for that "nessie" rumor that's been going around. I know lakes don't necessarily have tides, but it's Pokemon, who says it has to make perfect sense lol. It could also live in the ocean too (assuming there is oceans).

Orphalesion

As long as the unicorn is different enough design-wise to Rapidash, I'd absolutely be down with that.

Legendary trio of a Lion, Dragon and Unicorn would honestly be pretty cool.. Obviously reflecting England, Wales and Scotland.

I'd def be game to see a new take on the unicorn. We have Rapidash, but I feel like it's being a unicorn isn't a major factor of it's design. And I wanna say I feel like Keldeo is unicorn-ish.... But a full fledged unicorn be fun.

/Fairy for sure ... Not sure on it's econd type, I suppose Grass/Fairy could work. And maybe have it play into the concept of magic/witches/wizards in that it's horn is like a wand it can cast spells with. Magicorn.... Wizacorn ... Witchicorn. Lol not sure about the name. But def give it access to all attacks with 'magic' in their name. Maybe Serene Grace as a ability or HA..... Hmmm... May need to concept this one out a bit more.

I think Rapidash just got a horn because of Gen 1 and it's not really focused on, Rapidash's main thing is really being a very, very fast fire horse with super hard hooves.

I like the idea of a Magicorn or Witchicorn (Wiccacorn? lol) For some reason I always pictured a unicorn Pokemon to have a crystal horn, but I'd also totally be down for a magic wand horn. Maybe it could be a wand with some sort of magical amulet dangling from it. Could be black with dark pink/wildberry colored mane, a few stripes like prehistoric horses or the quagga had them... Appears exclusively in moonlight and said to be the mount of legendary sorceresses.
Not sure about the type combination here though...Pure Fairy?
Though if we make the wand into gnarled wood and theme it around night-blossoming flowers then it could be Fairy/Grass.

Oh and the male version could have a goat-like beard.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Saplicorn---@35-->Magicorn
Fairy/Grass

Magic Bounce, Magic Guard
HA Serene Grace

HP: 85
Att: 65
Def:75
S.Att: 105
S.Def:75
Spd: 95

Saplicorn, The Magic Pokemon. These Pokemon tend to the forests needs. They are seen as it's protectors. The horn on their head allows them to focus their magic like abilities at the ended target, be it friend or foe. Sadly the value of their horn caused them to be hunted to near extinction in times when alchemy was a common practice.

Magicorn, The Magic Pokemon. There graceful movements are like a magical dances. As they move their head their horn acts as a wand, expertly repelling attacks and sending it's own out. It's said that should you befriend one it may someday give it's horn to you as a sign of that bond.

Creyk

An unicorn sounds nice until you realize we just got a horse based pokemon last gen.
(musdale)
So I really don't think it's happening right away again in the following generation.
And Keldeo is totally an unicorn already. I know it's ugly because it's design is too crowded and it should NOT be blue. But at the end of the day, it still is one.
mudsdale.png

Orphalesion

An unicorn sounds nice until you realize we just got a horse based pokemon last gen.
(musdale)
So I really don't think it's happening right away again in the following generation.
And Keldeo is totally an unicorn already. I know it's ugly because it's design is too crowded and it should NOT be blue. But at the end of the day, it still is one.
1) A unicorn is not a horse, it's a unicorn.
2)We get a dog and a cat every generation.
3) We got Solgaleo right after Pyroar, and getting two legendary wolves right after Lycanroc, so that's really a non-factor.
4)Who cares about Kaldeo? Plus it's still not really the archetype of a Medieval unicorn.

Creyk

1) A unicorn is not a horse, it's a unicorn.
2)We get a dog and a cat every generation.
3) We got Solgaleo right after Pyroar, and getting two legendary wolves right after Lycanroc, so that's really a non-factor.
4)Who cares about Kaldeo? Plus it's still not really the archetype of a Medieval unicorn.
1. pretty much the same thing
2. those are more common than horses this should not need an explanation
3. untrue, and the solgaleo pyroar thing is reaching. Solgaleo looks more like a mutant lion that you feed a lot of steroids to
4. I agree no one cares about Keldeo. doesn't change the fact that it is in fact an unicorn so we alreay have 1

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I just had an idea for a Pokemon that GameFreak has never done before. Iron Manipulation. Ah but there are Pokemon like Melmetal right but what about a more scarier version of iron manipulation fitting of a vampiric tiger? Why a tiger? In the west, dragons are creatures of both symbols of power and fear but in the east, dragons are creatures of power and great reverence, not fear. However! There is an Eastern equivalent to the feared western depiction of the dragon and that is none other than the powerful but terrifying Tiger! So imagine a tiger with vampiric fangs and ask yourself. What does Vampires & Iron have in common? Blood. Yup! There is iron in people's blood.

So basically a vampiric tiger Pokemon that has the ability to fatally suck iron from the blood of it's prey. That would make quite a dark Pokedex entry up there with Hypno and Gorebyss don't you agree? It's signature moves are...
  • Steel Life (a pun of Steal Life) where it's the steel version of Giga Drain. Lore-wise, it sinks it's fangs into it's prey and sucks the iron out of them like liquid, replenishing it's health.
  • Eye of the Tiger where it's a steel type move that combines the effects of Glare and Disable into one powerful move. Lore-wise, the Tiger Pokemon glares at it's Pokemon, causes them to stand still by manipulating the iron in it's body temporarily into a stand still.
  • Fatal Target where it's the Steel-type of Perish Song only it has the effect of decreasing the target's non-Super Effective moves by 25%. Lore-wise, manipulation of iron can cut off the oxygen supply, suffocating the target.
Sounds pretty OP though right? Which is why I think this Steel/Dark type would be perfect as an extremely rare Legendary that parents tell to their children in order to scare them to listen to their parents. Could you imagine a population of these Pokemon running around? Disastrous I'd say.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
WE NEED A MOOSE POKEMON

Agreed. A Grass/Ice type moose with icey antlers would be fun.

You know it would be interesting if we got a new Poison/Flying type pokemon line considering surprising the only Poison/Flying type pokemon we have is the Zubat line.

100% agree. Specially if it's a regional bird. Fun fact, Gengar is also the only Poison/Ghost line..

Last edited:

Orphalesion

1. pretty much the same thing
2. those are more common than horses this should not need an explanation
3. untrue, and the solgaleo pyroar thing is reaching. Solgaleo looks more like a mutant lion that you feed a lot of steroids to
4. I agree no one cares about Keldeo. doesn't change the fact that it is in fact an unicorn so we alreay have 1

1.And a dragon is the same as a lizard, right?Unicorn lore is a lot more complex than jus "horsy with horn"
2.Doesn't change the fact that Gamefreak reuses animals if they want.
3.Well that is a ridiculous statement. Becasue Solgaleo IS Gen 7, Pyroar is Gen 6, Lycanroc IS Gen 7 and the new Wolves are Gen 8. Andbecause Solgaleo looks like a "mutant" Lion it's okay, but a unicorn and a horse are the same thing. Sure thing :rolleyes:
4.And we have a truckload of Butterflies, so any arguments like that are worthless and Kaldeo still isn't a good representation of a Unicorn in it's heraldic and chivalric symbolism.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Since the world championship has a museum theme. Maybe the fossil pokemon will be revealed in the worlds.

That's kinda what I'm hoping. It be a fun way to fit with the theme.

That said we already have 2 /Rock types revealed soooo..... that might make our current list of revealed Pokemon a lil too /Rock type heavy.

Maybe they can show off 1-2 new Pokemon and introduce us to the NPC that will handle our fossils this gen, and have them show off the actual fossils?

Like they could show the few new Pokemon and end it with the in-game character saying "would you like the club fossil or the plate fossil".

Then we could all ponder what those fossils might be. (note I'm not saying those would be the actual fossils).

Orphalesion

I know we are going to Galar and not the UK but the UK beaches seem to have a long tradition of fossil hunting so it'd be nice perhaps if we could find multiple fossil Pokemon like in Sinnoh. This "grab one fossil, but be careful the other will vanish into the sand :O " thing is a bit "eh". They could make the two new fossil mons version exclusives instead.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan

You read my mind, sir.

An unicorn Pokemon and the trio are must haves.