• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I just thought of a cool concept GameFreak should try in future generations. What about legendary fossil Pokemon as boxart legendaries?

I personally want it to be either an edgier T-Rex and some kind of fossil dragon with rocket wings lol. And before you say we already have a T-Rex fossil Pokemon and a Flying Dragon-like fossil Pokemon, remember what Monster Hunter thinks! There's no such thing as too many T-Rexes and Dragons lol! Personally I'd want who ever designed Monster Hunter's Glavenus, a fire-bladed T-Rex monster, and Valstrax, a laser dragon that has extendable rocket wings that can launch into the stratosphere, to design the fossil boxart legendaries.

It could also be cool if they had a prehistoric fossil legend paired up with a futuristic looking legend as the box pair.

But for this gen, I am very excited for the clerical pokemon (Chansey, Audino, Miltank, Wigglytuff, Alomomola, Comfey, etc.). Those are always my favorite! I love bulky pokemon, especially those with a lot of HP (sad that Comfey didn't have a lot of HP).

lablablabz

I hope Lana having an Eevee in the anime is not just a Let’s Go promo but also an indicator that there’s a new eeveelution. Like it could evolve to a new one in the last few episodes of Sun & Moon.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Oh! You know what would be a VERY COOL concept for a legendary Pokemon for a future generation, maybe a third version legendary? So for those who don't know, a lot of classic Monster Hunter fans absolutely love Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for introducing an actual story and an story built around the flagship monster, Gore Magala, as featured in this picture above and he is without a doubt the most unique monster of the Monster Hunter series in terms of not only introducing an entirely new mechanic around him, the Frenzy Virus, and not only being the main antagonist of MH4U but he is also the main character's rival and just like the main character is trying to get stronger, Gore Magala is also aiming to get stronger as well, trying to reach to his final form.

Now imagine that, a third-version legendary Pokemon that the player encounters very early in the game and as the story progresses, that antagonistic Pokemon acts like your only rival throughout the entire game, a voiceless but aggressive Pokemon seeking to get stronger, reaching to a final form. He awaits you in his final form at some legendary location perhaps after you've become Pokemon Champion as this is personal. Right? That would be the best character-developed Pokemon since Nebby!

Also what if this "boss" legendary Pokemon's animation changes as it's health lowers. Every time the health lowers at a certain color, you can actually see the legendary Pokemon not only slowing down but actually hurting and panting from your attacks but the thing is, it won't stop fighting because it's still trying to prove that it's the very best.

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
...if there’s no Poison legendary/mythical, I’ll be quite irked. :p

I want a dolphin Pokemon and no I'm not going to settle for Lanturn no matter how many people try to claim that it's dolphin-like when it's obviously an anglerfish.

Same with Kyogre. There were people saying that Kyogre is technically a dolphin, being an orca. But obviously we want to see a traditional-looking dolphin Pokémon, more specifically bottlenose.

Orphalesion

People should just stop with the whole "bUt tHeRe'S aLrEaDy a POKaYMoNz FoR ThAT!!!1!" nonsense. We have a whole bunch of Pokemon that are based on the same species. Nobody cares, especially not Gamefreak.

It's especially stupid when they say that we already have "a dolphin" with Kyogre. Yeah it's an orca, but that's a different species from Bottle Nose Dolphins, Amazon River Dolphins, Ganges River Dolphins, Australian Snubfin Dolphins. Etc etc etc.

Saying there is already "a dolphin" because Kyogre exist, is a lot like saying we shouldn't get Croviknight because we already have "a bird Pokemon" really.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
If there's no loch ness monster I'll be very disappointed
Word. I'd love to see a Pokemon version of that. It would be interesting. Maybe something Plesiosaur like.

Last edited:

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
I had an idea quite a while back now for a badger Pokémon with a referee theme (given its black-and-white striped fur would match the stereotypical referee outfit). I resurrect this again primarily because this idea would be coincidentally extremely thematic for this region in particular for two reasons: badgers are common animals in the UK, and it would really fit in really neatly with the stadium-theme of this region. It would also be the first badger Pokémon, as far as I can recall.

I envisage a Normal-type, bipedal little badger Pokemon holding a small silver whistle in its mouth. If this Pokemon loses its whistle, it will descend into an uncontrollable fit of rage until it gets its whistle back. It would evolve (level up whilst holding a Red Card, of course) into a Normal/Steel type in which its whistle becomes larger than its body such that the Pokémon literally hangs from it. Such attacks it would have would be heavily sound-focused and so special-attacking - Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Boomburst, etc.

To further play into the theme, I would design an interesting new ability like "Fair Play" which causes Dark-type moves to fail on the field whilst the Pokémon is in play (in its referee capacity, it would disallow 'unfair' moves like Beat Up and Taunt). Or at least have some sort of penalty for using Dark-type moves. It would be interesting, given how ubiquitous Dark-type moves are, and to have a Pokémon immune to both Dark- and Ghost-type moves (compensated with 4x Fighting weakness).

Edit:- though I guess Galarian Linoone counts now...?

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Another bat Pokemon can be in the form of a Water/Flying-type based on fish-eating bats.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
A duo made of a Welsh Red Dragon and an English White Dragon, it could be two forms of the same Pokémon like Basculin or it could two evolutions of a pink baby dragon that's evolution depends on where in Galar you are when you level it up.

Pure Dragon or Dragon/Fire typing.

Or since shinies are made more purposefully these days they could just make sure a Welsh Red dragon Pokémon had a white shiny.

shoz999

Oh you know what would be pretty interesting idea for a Pokemon. A Pokemon that failed to evolve half-way and turned into something else. Imagine some kind of Pokemon that is supposed to evolve into it's final form but under certain conditions, it somehow failed, it is half-way evolved and instead of an evolution, it gains a "chaotic" form where you see some features of it's final evolution but it still retains mostly it's current evolution and is now in state of madness and it's at this point, it can no longer evolve into it's final stage but it has gained a risk and reward playstyle this time.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Oh you know what would be pretty interesting idea for a Pokemon. A Pokemon that failed to evolve half-way and turned into something else. Imagine some kind of Pokemon that is supposed to evolve into it's final form but under certain conditions, it somehow failed, it is half-way evolved and instead of an evolution, it gains a "chaotic" form where you see some features of it's final evolution but it still retains mostly it's current evolution and is now in state of madness and it's at this point, it can no longer evolve into it's final stage but it has gained a risk and reward playstyle this time.

That sounds cool but it wouldn't be an entirely new idea as isn't that kinda like how porygon 2's update failed leading to Porygon-Z being buggy.

Were you thinking of a new pokemon evolving into the failed evolution or an old one? Because if it were an old one it could be something like mangezone where it needs a magnetic field to fully evolve so the failed evolution could be caused by trying to evolve it outside of a special magnetic field.

shoz999

That sounds cool but it wouldn't be an entirely new idea as isn't that kinda like how porygon 2's update failed leading to Porygon-Z being buggy.

Were you thinking of a new pokemon evolving into the failed evolution or an old one? Because if it were an old one it could be something like mangezone where it needs a magnetic field to fully evolve so the failed evolution could be caused by trying to evolve it outside of a special magnetic field.
I was thinking that it gains a new and permanent Pokemon form where it isn't an evolution because it's still the same variant of the current stage but it also experienced changes based on attempting to evolve into it's final evolution.

Orphalesion

I could kinda see that like those failed Virus evolutions in Digimon, so maybe not a mixture of the unevolved and evovled form but instead an alternate evolved form that looks kinda "wrong" like PorygonZ.
Nothing Edgelord-like or anything, but like the difference between Lycanrock Midday, who's a rather heroic looking wolf-hound and Midnight form, who's this kinda disturbing, vaguely flayed looking werewolf with the crazy eyes.

The "successful" evolution would look more along the lines of Lcanroc Midday and be a standard battler, while the "failed" evolution would look more along the lines of Lycanroc Midnight and have a more risky, but potentially more powerful move pool/ability/fighting style.

shoz999

I could kinda see that like those failed Virus evolutions in Digimon, so maybe not a mixture of the unevolved and evovled form but instead an alternate evolved form that looks kinda "wrong" like PorygonZ.
Nothing Edgelord-like or anything, but like the difference between Lycanrock Midday, who's a rather heroic looking wolf-hound and Midnight form, who's this kinda disturbing, vaguely flayed looking werewolf with the crazy eyes.

The "successful" evolution would look more along the lines of Lcanroc Midday and be a standard battler, while the "failed" evolution would look more along the lines of Lycanroc Midnight and have a more risky, but potentially more powerful move pool/ability/fighting style.
I'm not familiar with Digimon but I got the idea from this guy, Gore Magala. Gore Magala are these dragons that transmit a virus that makes other creatures go berserk and that isn't even their final form. Their final form is a "golden" form but some Gore Magala are unable to reach that and end up as an insane incomplete variant with some of those golden features and are infected by their very own virus! Imagine something like that for Pokemon!