• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Honestly, I wanna see more object-like Pokemon like Klefki and Honedge. Also some new baby Pokemon so they have an excuse to add Meowsy.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So... a Hawlucha Mega-evolution?

No. A superhero line. Hawlucha isn't a superhero.... At least not in the sense I'm referring to. It's a luchador.

Plus Hawlucha doesn't have wing hands, it has talking hands.

Acer11

This is just an idea; what if there were a series of sub-legendary Pokemon introduced, similar to the Ultra Beasts (which were based off invasive species). If there were, this series would be based on cryptids.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
How many new Pokémon you think we’ll get in Gen8? I can’t wait! I think we’re getting SO many this time, like Gen 5 or more.
Probably 100 this round ?

Zaide

Probably 100 this round ?
I hope so. We're still several years away, but my guts tell me GameFreak will either want to pull one of these two stunts :
- The first Pokémon of the 10th generation would be the 1000th Pokémon. Likely a mythical or something, similar to Victini. If so, about 95-100 pokémon this gen and gen 9 would make sense (193 in total). Would mean the 9th gen ends at 999, which would be pretty dope.
- The last Pokémon of the 10th generation would be the 1000th Pokémon, also likely a mythical or a legendary. If so, I'm not expecting more than 50-60 new Pokémon. I'd expect them to add lots of variants/megas if that were the case, though.

I'm hoping for the former, obviously. Reading the posts here, there are so many fantastic ideas that I can't see GF lacking idea for their new gen.
This is just an idea; what if there were a series of sub-legendary Pokemon introduced, similar to the Ultra Beasts (which were based off invasive species). If there were, this series would be based on cryptids.
TBH, I'd like them (but don't expect them) to continue focusing on ultra beasts. I think the concept is a good way to continue introducing non-Pokémon looking Pokémon.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Some more Ultra Beast would be nice, maybe one that looks like a mechanized Tyrannosaurus/Spinosaurus hybrid, and maybe one with a royal theme.

Maybe a Peacock and a Turkey themed Pokemon?

Some ideas for mythological Pokemon, a Chimera, Manticore, Pegasus (that can either be an evo of Rapidash or a Mega evo), a Minotaur (as a Fairy/Fighting psuedo legend)

Orphalesion

A minotaur would be awesome as either Ground/Fighting, Dark/Fighting or pure fighting, the mythological creature is big, bestial and brutal.
A Faun meanwhile would make a good Fairy/Fighting Pokemon, this mythological creature is merry and deceptive.

Wasting a Pegasus on a crappy Rapidash evo/mega would be a gigantic crime (let alone that'd be a alicorn/winged unicorn, not a pegasus).
I think Pegasus should be Water/Flying. A variant of its myth states that whenever its hooves touch they produce a fountain.
Manticore could easily be a pure Poison or Poison/Dragon pseudo legend.
And a Chimera could be like Oricorio, the way it's three parts (lion/goat/snake) are combined could vary across the region with each version having a different type.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
A minotaur would be awesome as either Ground/Fighting, Dark/Fighting or pure fighting, the mythological creature is big, bestial and brutal.
A Faun meanwhile would make a good Fairy/Fighting Pokemon, this mythological creature is merry and deceptive.

Wasting a Pegasus on a crappy Rapidash evo/mega would be a gigantic crime (let alone that'd be a alicorn/winged unicorn, not a pegasus).
I think Pegasus should be Water/Flying. A variant of its myth states that whenever its hooves touch they produce a fountain.
And a Chimera could be like Oricorio, the way it's three parts (lion/goat/snake) are combined could vary across the region with each version having a different type.
I honestly did not know about the Alicorn :(

But I do like your ideas :)

Carlos_Totodile

Once I had an idea about a region that get's mixed up with a world of fantasy, like a story where a magical book opens a new dimension of Pokemon made out of dreams and fairytales. This dimesion will be ruled (or dreamed) by a legendary Pokemon type Dragon/Fairy based on the dragon of the books and movies from the Never Ending Story.
Just like this:
46526122_658773694523939_1526399224873222144_n.jpg

Thus, the story will resolve in between the real world and the world of fantasy and dreams. I imagined also that this region will be populated with Fantasy Forms of Pokemon from previous regions. Like a Tauros that is a centaur, or a Ponyta that is a Pegasus....or else. I say this because there is a lot of folklore in the world and this could be a open door for new Fairy type Pokemon.

Nodame

Misty <3
Pokemon I wish exist:
1- Pink bunny Pokemon that resembles My Melody.
2- White baby Unicorn with lilac eyes, horns, wings and rainbow hair. omg
3- Pink poodle.
4- Cute lama like Peluche Alpaca.
5- Pink fluffy pokemon with 3 stages evolution that resembles Clefairy and Jigglypuff for that gen.
6- Fairy Armadillo

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
4- Cute lama like Peluche Alpaca.

Really want to see them give us a llama and/or Alpaca. I'm curious the type they might give it. Could make for an interesting Grass starter.

6- Fairy Armadillo

100% agree. Seems like a perfect Fairy/ground type.

Acer11

Well, we do have Type: Null and Silvally as a different kind of chimera.

Acer11

My list of ideas for new Pokemon:

1: A huge Albatross Pokemon with aspects of a jumbo jet
2: A Pokemon with inspiration from Lollipops
3: A Dalmatian
4: A Llama/Alpaca Pokemon that's Grass or Electric type (or both)
5: A Water type Hermit Crab with a unique shell
6: A Flamingo
7: A Fighting Type Pokemon based on a Gorilla
8: Electric/Dark type Cheetah
9: Red Kangaroo
10: Stinkbugs
11: A Ghost type Pokemon that's literally a Giant Eyeball
12: Bigfoot
13: African Elephant
14: Scarab
15: Mandrill
16: Wombat
17: Water type starter Platypus
18: Robot
19: Swordfish
20: Porcupine

I would've added Tapir to the list, but we already got that in Drowzee.

Nodame

Misty <3
My list of ideas for new Pokemon:

1: A huge Albatross Pokemon with aspects of a jumbo jet
2: A Pokemon with inspiration from Lollipops
3: A Dalmatian
4: A Llama/Alpaca Pokemon that's Grass or Electric type (or both)
5: A Water type Hermit Crab with a unique shell
6: A Flamingo
7: A Fighting Type Pokemon based on a Gorilla
8: Electric/Dark type Cheetah
9: Red Kangaroo
10: Stinkbugs
11: A Ghost type Pokemon that's literally a Giant Eyeball
12: Bigfoot
13: African Elephant
14: Scarab
15: Mandrill
16: Wombat
17: Water type starter Platypus
18: Robot
19: Swordfish
20: Porcupine

I would've added Tapir to the list, but we already got that in Drowzee.

Agreed on Dalmatian and Flamingo. Isn’t Aromatisse a Flamingo though? lol.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I always imagined a Fire/Flying type Flameingo flamingo Pokemon. Maybe instead of standing in water it stands in lava?

Or a Poison/Flying type that stands in poluted waters. Maybe it's Dex entry could suggest that Pokemon researchers believe this form is a regional varient affected by the pollution?

Acer11

I always imagined a Fire/Flying type Flameingo flamingo Pokemon. Maybe instead of standing in water it stands in lava?

Or a Poison/Flying type that stands in poluted waters. Maybe it's Dex entry could suggest that Pokemon researchers believe this form is a regional varient affected by the pollution?
I don't think a flamingo Pokemon would be Flying/Poison because Flamingos are usually white and pink colors, which wouldn't fit well with a poison type.