• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN

You know what's one of the most creative yet also most annoying monsters in Monster Hunter lol? The Qurupeco which is known to summon other monsters, both weak and stupendously strong monsters that can ruin your hunts BUT WAIT! There's more! It can also buff up those monsters lol. See where I'm going with this?

What if he had a Pokemon like Qurupeco that could summon other Pokemon, both weak and strong, even legendary roaming Pokemon, to it's side transforming your wild single battle into a wild double or triple battle. Not only that but it has the ability to raise it's allies best stats.
Honestly, how could anyone forget that aggravating piece of work? If you recall, most of Qurupeco's mechanics were present in SMUSUM... more or less, anyway. Furthermore, I feel the presence of native abilities or techniques would limit its conceivable usefulness to double (triple?) battles. (Not to say that Qurupeco weren't a pain on their own, but...)

I could however see a Galarian Chatot being in possession of some of those traits...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

I just had another idea inspired by Monster Hunter's favorite Sharkboi, Zamtrios! So imagine a Pokemon that was able to change how it's offenses work. So imagine a water-type Pokemon that is in it's regular default form and through a certain mechanic that I haven't quite figured out yet, it gets ice armor and essentially this ice armor grants this water-type Pokemon a buff in defenses and Ice STAB BUT it's still a Water-Type Pokemon. Yes! That means it's essentially getting the benefits of Ice-Type but none of it's weaknesses. The only drawback is that ice armor can get destroyed by a single attack and thus loses all these powerful buffs.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! It has a second offense mode. Now instead of ice-armor, it bloats itself and essentially it gets lower speed and it's defenses remain the same but there is one benefit to this. This offense mode not only stays from 2 to 3 turns but it turns all of your special moves into moves that can target all adjacent Pokemon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So now that Ponyta has been added to that Dynamax website that revealed if certain Pokémon had evolutions, I wonder if it’ll be revealed if Rapidash got an evolution through that (doubt it)

bigdaddy95

So now that Ponyta has been added to that Dynamax website that revealed if certain Pokémon had evolutions, I wonder if it’ll be revealed if Rapidash got an evolution through that (doubt it)
I doubt it as well especially considering that Rapidash already has a BST total of 500 unless they go with the scyther-to-scizor situation where they just modify the stats. A Rapidash with eviolite though... now that’s interesting lol

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
A pokemon based on the triskelion from the Manx flag could be interesting.
255px-Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Mann.svg.png

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That would be rather creepy. Wouldn't work a bit more on Yokai Watch?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I mentioned it in TV Tropes's WMG for Pokémon Sword and Shield, but I think it bears mentioning here too: I'm going to predict that Yamper will evolve into a Pokémon themed on either a Rough Collie, Border Collie, or Shetland Sheepdog, and its name, following the Metric electricity units theme, would be a portmanteau of "Collie" and "Coulomb."

keithpetrosky

I would like see Galarian magikarp and gyarados. How about a more elegant or tougher magikarp with larger fins that it can glide with as it leaps out of water, and these all learn a new physical attack. When they evolve Gyarados will be more streamline and smaller with actual fin/sail like wings so it can truly look flying and learn moves like wing attack and it uses air currents to glide over the ocean.

ShadowForce720

I would like see Galarian magikarp and gyarados. How about a more elegant or tougher magikarp with larger fins that it can glide with as it leaps out of water, and these all learn a new physical attack. When they evolve Gyarados will be more streamline and smaller with actual fin/sail like wings so it can truly look flying and learn moves like wing attack and it uses air currents to glide over the ocean.

Just pointing this out but unless your suggesting that Galarian Gyarados would become a pure flying type or have it's water typing replaced with something else I think your misunderstanding something about regional variants or you just don't completely understand how they work. Basically look at all the Galarian and Alolan forms and you will notice they all have one thing in common, and that is they aren't the exact same type as their original counterparts, heck even in the case of Alolan Raichu, although it's true it shares it's Electric typing with it's original counterpart it's also true that unlike it's original counter part it's not a pure Electric type instead being a Electric/Psychic type.

As regional variants like Alolan and Galarian forms aren't just a simple design change as it comes with some form of type change as well. So if we did get a Galarian Gyarados it wouldn't be a Water/Flying type and it would instead have it's Water and/or Flying typing either removed completely or replaced by something else.

keithpetrosky

Just pointing this out but unless your suggesting that Galarian Gyarados would become a pure flying type or have it's water typing replaced with something else I think your misunderstanding something about regional variants or you just don't completely understand how they work. Basically look at all the Galarian and Alolan forms and you will notice they all have one thing in common, and that is they aren't the exact same type as their original counterparts, heck even in the case of Alolan Raichu, although it's true it shares it's Electric typing with it's original counterpart it's also true that unlike it's original counter part it's not a pure Electric type instead being a Electric/Psychic type.

As regional variants like Alolan and Galarian forms aren't just a simple design change as it comes with some form of type change as well. So if we did get a Galarian Gyarados it wouldn't be a Water/Flying type and it would instead have it's Water and/or Flying typing either removed completely or replaced by something else.

Dragon/Flying or Fighting/Flying would work.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Just had an interesting idea for a Pokemon. For the Monster Hunter fans here, who remembers Yian Garuga the Psycho Chicken. For those not familiar, he's kind of like the Honey Badger of Monster Hunter. He's supposed to be the strongest of birds in Monster Hunter that can scare off legendary monsters but looking at the picture above, he's not impressive-looking, kind of bizarre in some ways at first glance until you fight him and see his psychotic aggression, then you understand why legendary monsters don't want to put into the effort of killing this thing.

With that being said what about Pokemon having it's own Honey Badger-style Pokemon! Something that's not impressive-looking until you fight it and see it's personality in action, perfect for the Pokemon 3D games as oppose to 2D! And I was thinking instead of a psycho-chicken, what about a psycho-goose since goose are kind of jerks. Perfect right! A giant psychotic goose that even legendary Pokemon don't want to put in the effort to beat it. It has a bizarre dragon-like appearance for a goose that doesn't really impress you until you fight it, showing it's psychotic bird aggression through it's move animations, one by one your Pokemon are going down and then you later realize this psycho-Goose Pokemon is none other than the pseudo-legendary of this generation! Original concept for a pseudo-legendary right?

If I had to give it a typing, I'd want it to be dark-flying and it's ability would be an ability that boosts all "anger" moves like rage, outrage, frustration, thrash by 50%.

This would be the "Oh? Your approaching me?" Pokemon lol.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I really hope they make the clerical pokemon for this gen (chansey, miltank, audino, comfey, etc) a Leech. It would be cool to have a poison type that heals instead of hurts. (Though obviously it could still do damage and use toxic).

ShadowForce720

An ideal I had for new legendary pokemon would be based on the cardinal directions combined with the Five Principles. So basically it would break down like this:

North: Black Tortoise(Water)
East: Azure Dragon(Grass/Dragon)
West: White Tiger(Steel)
South: Vermilion Bird(Fire/Flying)
Center: Yellow Dragon(Ground/Dragon)

NorthWest= Black Tortoise(Water) + White Tiger(Steel) = (Water/Steel)

Northeast= Black Tortoise(Water) + Azure Dragon(Grass/Dragon)= (Water/Grass)

SouthWest= Vermilion Bird(Fire/Flying) + White Tiger(Steel)=(Fire/Steel)

SouthEast= Vermilion Bird(Fire/Flying) + Azure Dragon(Grass/Dragon)= (Fire/Grass)

Basically the idea is that the pokemon that are based on North and South respectively would have the capability of merging with the pokemon that represents East and West respectively. Also the Pokemon that is based on the Center could be the leader of this quintet. Thinking about it will probably get pokemon possibly legendary pokemon based on the directions eventually. This is just an idea as to how it could work and what animals/creatures they could be based on.

NeedsAName

A type combo I really, really want to see would be Electric/Poison. Possible ways to execute this:
  • Venemous pikaclone (We had two in Alola with Mimikyu and Togedemaru, so two in Galar wouldn't be that bad)
  • Pile of mutated goop, perhaps from a failed experiment by Rocket or another evil team, that constantly pulses with electrical signals.
  • Galarian Arbok that literally paralyzes its prey before biting and poisoning them. It could have an exclusive move that acts as both types and has a chance to either paralyze or poison the opponent
I just really want to see a good Pokemon with that type combination, even with the 4x weakness to ground.

Edit: WE GOT IT! THREE CHEERS FOR THE EPICNESS OF TOXTRICITY!

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
A type combo I really, really want to see would be Electric/Poison. Possible ways to execute this:
  • Venemous pikaclone (We had two in Alola with Mimikyu and Togedemaru, so two in Galar wouldn't be that bad)
  • Pile of mutated goop, perhaps from a failed experiment by Rocket or another evil team, that constantly pulses with electrical signals.
  • Galarian Arbok that literally paralyzes its prey before biting and poisoning them. It could have an exclusive move that acts as both types and has a chance to either paralyze or poison the opponent
I just really want to see a good Pokemon with that type combination, even with the 4x weakness to ground.

One concept that can work with that type combination is an acid battery, since they're filled with very dangerous fluids. Such a Pokémon could even have Corrosive as an Ability. (Keep it away from Ground-type moves though.)

I don't think Mimikyu was actually intended to be a Pikaclone though, just a Pokémon characterized by jealousy. It looks like Pikachu because it has a disguise; it otherwise has nothing in common with Pikachu or any Pikaclone, such as having the Electric-type and learning Nuzzle through level-up.

NeedsAName

I want a lot of new Bug and Ice types. Ideas:
  • Three-stage regional bug, bug/dark earwig
  • Bug/Fire bombardier beetle
  • Bug/Psychic anything, although a butterfly would be nice
  • Bug/Ghost-type that's not weird and hard to use, maybe a scarab beetle
  • Bug/Normal Spider Monkey
  • Bug/Dragon Galarian Dunsparce
  • Ice/Bug moth with FLASH FIRE
  • Ice/Poison Galarian Delibird
  • Ice/Electric-type non-form
  • Ice/Steel-type non-form with good stats
  • Ice/Normal arctic fox
  • Ice/Fire-type, but not based off of those monkeys that live on cold mountains and use hot springs. We have way too many primates already
Edit: So, we did get some of these. We got:
  • A Bug/Psychic-type in Orbeetle, which isn't that bad, but certainly isn't a good Pokemon
  • An Ice/Bug-type moth, although no flash-fire but Frosmoth makes up for it
  • Ice/Electric-type in Arctozolt! It's interesting, I'll give it that
  • An Ice/Fire-type in G-Darmanitan-ZM. I asked for it to not be one specific animal, and it's that animal. Sigh...

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d love to see an armadillo Pokémon that is Ground/Steel that also has a tail that looks like a small morning star. I thought of one years ago and called it Armordillo but the name is too similar to Armaldo. A Steel/Water lobster would be fun too! I created one years ago called Lobsteel.

DannyDark

I’d love to see an armadillo Pokémon that is Ground/Steel that also has a tail that looks like a small morning star. I thought of one years ago and called it Armordillo but the name is too similar to Armaldo. A Steel/Water lobster would be fun too! I created one years ago called Lobsteel.

Something along the lines of this fella, Ankylomon? Though obviously less dinosaur, more along the lines of its pre-digivolved form Armadillomon.

Ankylomon_b.jpg

I do like the idea of there being more augmented-esque animal designs for Pokemon honestly. Obviously not exclusively, but using the example you used, an animal paired with a fitting weapon could create some interesting designs and typings.