• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

MrJechgo

*inhales*
  • Ankylite/Ankylord (Fire/Rock Ankylosaurus)
    • An ankylosuraus with dark brown/charcoal scales with seeping lava and a tail that ends in a oversized blacksmith hammer.
  • Hedgetail/Steghedge (Grass/Rock Stegosaurus)
    • A stegosaurus with dark green scale, rock slabs as dorsal plates, thorns at the end of its tails and moss growing on its entire body.
  • Piesichtyo (Water/Rock Ichtyosaurus)
    • An ichtyosaurus with deep blue scales, blade-like fins and coral plating.
  • Spinurbine (Electric/Rock Spinosaurus)
    • A spinosaurus with jet-black scales, bone white teeth, claws and dorsal fins and lightning-like marking across its body.
  • Rapterror (Rock/Ghost Velociraptor)
    • A small troodon/velociraptor with its feathers mixed with purple smoke.
  • Paracerebrus (Rock/Psychic Velociraptor)
    • A Parasaurolophus with a small body, but with an oversized crystallized head crest.
  • Fowlyre (Grass/Flying Peafowl)
    • A peafowl of majestic stature, white and light green feathers and a large hedge-liek tail filled with blooming flowers and buds.
  • Tesilat/Tesaiki (Electric/Fighting humanoid)
    • A mannequin-like being, with bandages on its hands, feet and face, like a Muai Tuai fighter, and a tattered cloak with lightning pattern.
  • Piesestoc/Piesapier (Water/Steel Swordfish)
    • A swordfish with a sword-like bill and steel armor plating.
  • Larvoid/Noctornet (Bug/Dark Hornet)
    • An anthropomorphic 4-armed hornet with a black jumpsuit and a hood, and has territorial wars with Vespiquens and Beedrills
  • Spotpup/Dalmatide (Water/Ground Dalmatian, firefighter motif)
    • A dalmatian with bright yellow stripes on its legs and body, a firefighter hat and 2 water pipes attached to its back.
  • Judeon (Fighting, Eeveelution)
    • A ferret with elongated legs and tail, each ending in black paws and knob, evolves after learning Double Kick
  • Insecteon (Bug, Eeveelution)
    • A ferret with chitin, antennae between its ears, a stinger at the end of its tail, and large dragonfly wings, evolves after learning U-Turn
  • Wyrmeon (Dragon, Eeveelution)
    • A ferret with reptilian scales, wings, tail, claws and a few gemstones lining its back.
  • Rookpup/Margendarme (Fighting)
    • a Fighting shepard with a police/law enforcement theme
  • Pupgard/Dobergard (Dark)
    • a pure Dark doberman with a security guard theme
  • Inveshound (Psychic)
    • a Psychic bloodhound based on a detective
  • Topianther (Grass)
    • a Grass panther
  • Velocitah (Normal/Ground)
    • a Normal/Ground cheetah
  • Saharinx (Ground)
    • a Ground Egyptian cat based on the Sphinx
  • Buccat/Buccanyar (Water)
    • a Water cat based on a pirate
  • Panamp/Simiamp (Electric)
    • An elemental monkey that evolves with a Thunder Stone
  • Panrime/Simirime (Ice)
    • An elemental monkey that evolves with an Ice Stone
  • Pannight/Siminight (Dark)
    • An elemental monkey that evolves with a Dusk Stone
Variants
  • Mankey/Primeape (Electric/Fighting)
    • Their hands, feet, legs and arms are blueish in color, their white fur are white with streaks of yellow and they have bristles around their noses; variants in which their rage has generated electricity through their nervous systems, instead of fire with their boiling blood.
  • Numel/Camerupt (Fire/Water)
    • Their humps are modeled after underwater steam vents; this design has been floating around the net.
  • Cryogonal (Ice/Fire)
    • It now has ice spikes coming from its points, similar to the sun, and its eyes and mouth are bright red; variant which it has absorbed so much sunlight that it can generate both cold and heat.
  • Slurpuff (Ice/Fairy)
    • It has "hair" that looks more like ice cream and have an ice cream bowl stuck to its back; variant which a Swirlix lives amongst Vanillites.
  • Arcanine (Fire/Steel)
    • It now sports a golden steel barding; variant which a Growlithe evolved with a metallic item.
  • Rufflet/Braviary (Electric/Flying)
    • based on the Thunderbird; Rufflet now evolves with a Thunder Stone
  • Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant (Grass/Flying)
    • now a mix between a pheasant and a peafowl, with Unfezant's brow feathers being leaf-like and with a much bigger bushy tail; Tranquill now evolves with a Leaf Stone
  • Hoothoot/Noctowl (Ice/Psychic)
    • HUGE curveball, BUT now based on a snowy owl, with white plumage, rimefrost and larger feathers, with more emphasis on its Psychic abilities, with "residual" Flying moves; Hoothoot now evolves with an Ice Stone
  • Spearow/Fearow (Ground/Flying)
    • now based on a roadrunner, with shorter wings (can still fly) and grey, red and black feathers; can dig and drill holes.
  • Starly/Staravia/Staraptor (Fighting/Flying)
    • now [more] based on the harpy eagle with a feathery head crest, similar to a Carnivale dancer; can learn kicking moves with its talons and chopping moves with its wings; Brazilian jiu-jutsu could be the selected martial art.
  • Doduo/Dodrio (Electric/Ground)
    • now with yellow (or light blue) streaks on its feathers and much flufflier plumage due to static :p ; ecology-wise, it would be a regional variant that has Doduo moving to desert areas and being able to generate electricity due to its faster running speed; can still learn "residual" Flying moves.
  • Taillow/Swellow (Fairy/Flying)
    • still based on a swallow, BUT with extra feathers to make a crown and a coat, like a king or queen; can use special Fairy moves and physical ones as well... and it probably would force GameFreaks to add more physical Fairy moves.
  • Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon (Rock/Flying)
    • still based on a toucan, BUT with a diamond-like beak and grey feathers; it's a variant that moved into the mountainous forests and had to develop a stronger beak to break stone.
  • Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot (Poison/Flying)
    • still based on a pigeon and osprey, but with purple and black feathers and yellow eyes; a variant where it was affected by air pollution, similar to Alolan Grimer and Muk.
  • Oricorio (Grass or Water or Ice or Fairy/Flying)
    • basically other variants, Grass for Tango, Water for Synchronised swimming, Ice for Inuit dancing and Fairy for Ballet
  • Furfrou (Grass/Normal)
    • fur mixed with foliage, customization still possible
  • Stoutland (Ice/Ground
    • Pokédex states that its fur is made for cold lands
  • Granbull (Water/Fighting
    • Now with a pirate motif; I mean, we have ninjas, where are the pirates :p ?
  • Chandelure (Electric/Ghost, streetlamp motif)
    • This one would be fun, going from an ancient chandelier to a modern lamp.
  • Misdreavus/Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)
    • a rival to Hatenna's line
  • Golett/Golurk (Steel)
    • now a suit of armor
  • Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z (Electric/Ghost)
    • a corrupted version, rival to Rotom
  • Kecleon (Ghost/Rock)
    • a mountain variant
  • Nosepass (Ground) / Probopass (Electric/Ground)
    • a variant that actually makes sense to evolve at the Electric Rock
  • Lunatone (Rock/Ice)
  • Solrock (Rock/Fire)
  • Swablu/Altaria (Electric/Dark)
    • based on a stormcloud

Last edited:

NeedsAName

I just realized something. We never had a Llama Pokemon. Weird, you'd think Pokemon would've done that generations ago.

Possible ways to play this:
  • Llamount>Camount>Almount: Normal/Rock. They are extremely hardy but common Pokémon that can walk easily across sand or sharp stones while carrying a lot of weight. They can be summoned by the Ride Pager to get across rough areas (like you could do with Mudsdale in Alola).
  • Belyva: Poison. A mischievous ungulate with acidic spit. Due to the sheer amount of saliva they produce, they must spit every minute or two, causing the ground where it lands to rot and turn to dust.
  • Stama>Cloupaca: Water/Electric. They have two forms, Moist and Soaked. (They change from Moist to Soaked if rain starts or if at least 1 water attack hits them.) In Moist Form, they have higher SpD but lower SpA/Spe, a 5% higher evasiveness, and their fur likes like fluffy white clouds. In Soaked Form, they have higher SpA/Spe with lowered SpD, a 5% higher accuracy, and their fur looks like grey stormclouds.
Edit: Some say Arceus counts as a llama, and I sort of get what they're saying but I'm not sure about it

Bill the Typhlosion

I miss baby Pokemon, personally. I never understood why we stopped seeing them after Gen 4. I especially want a baby Lapras, because that's what I thought Shellos was when I first saw it, and I was so disappointed when I realized it wasn't!

I just realized something. We never had a Llama Pokemon. Weird, you'd think Pokemon would've done that generations ago.

There's never been a dolphin Pokemon, either. Kyogre is based on an orca, which is in the dolphin family, but I'd love to see a straight-up dolphin Pokemon that isn't legendary. It's funny how some animals have been used as the basis for many different Pokemon while some haven't been used at all yet.

Orphalesion

There has never been a peacock either! I finally want my peacock pokemon... I've been wanting one since Pokemon Blue. It was the first fakemon I drew even as a young child, alongside the Electric zebra I finally got in Gen 5.
There is so much they can do with a Peacock... they could make it psychic, with the "eyes" on the tail feathers being real eyes with which they can see into far-away places or the future. They could make it steel/electric with the tail being a sort of satellite dish. And of course the often portrayed variant with the tail being flowering plants and grass type.

Luthor

I miss baby Pokemon, personally. I never understood why we stopped seeing them after Gen 4. I especially want a baby Lapras, because that's what I thought Shellos was when I first saw it, and I was so disappointed when I realized it wasn't!

There's never been a dolphin Pokemon, either. Kyogre is based on an orca, which is in the dolphin family, but I'd love to see a straight-up dolphin Pokemon that isn't legendary. It's funny how some animals have been used as the basis for many different Pokemon while some haven't been used at all yet.

We actually got Toxel as a new baby. As for why we stopped seeing more I think it was more just a consequence that they basically stopped cross-gen evolutions that are not eeveelutions or regional forms. (which always annoyed me even though I do love regional variants)

Dolphin Pokemon would be cool.

Last edited:

Bill the Typhlosion

We actually got Toxel as a new baby. As for why we stopped seeing more I think it was more just a consequence that they basically stopped cross-gen evolutions that are not eeveelutions or regional forms. (which always annoyed me even though I do love regional variants)

Dolphin Pokemon would be cool.

I forgot about Toxel! I suppose what I meant was new pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon. But Toxel is cool because it was introduced in the same generation as its evolved form (like Togepi and Riolu before it), which makes it kind of special in my eyes.

I miss cross-gen evolutions in general, actually, and hope that we see more of them one day. The new "regional evolutions" are a cool idea, and I love the Mega Evolutions, but it would be nice to see some regular evolutions too. It could be that Game Freak just stopped doing regular cross-gen evolutions because they wanted to keep things fresh and surprising. I think we've now reached the point where regular cross-gen evolutions would be surprising, because it's been a while!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I forgot about Toxel! I suppose what I meant was new pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon. But Toxel is cool because it was introduced in the same generation as its evolved form (like Togepi and Riolu before it), which makes it kind of special in my eyes.

I miss cross-gen evolutions in general, actually, and hope that we see more of them one day. The new "regional evolutions" are a cool idea, and I love the Mega Evolutions, but it would be nice to see some regular evolutions too. It could be that Game Freak just stopped doing regular cross-gen evolutions because they wanted to keep things fresh and surprising. I think we've now reached the point where regular cross-gen evolutions would be surprising, because it's been a while!

I think it's because there's no practical purpose for Baby Pokémon to exist unless they were introduced alongside their non-baby forms. They're good for marketing, from a business standpoint, as they're meant to be cute versions of pre-existing Pokémon, and initially, they ensured that breeding was required for anyone who wanted to complete a Pokédex, but the former could be done with regular base forms of new Pokémon, as well as regional forms (notice, for instance, that Galarian Ponyta is physically smaller, has a larger head, much larger eyes, and stubbier legs than Kantonian Ponyta), and the latter has been rendered pointless ever since they dropped the rule of "Baby Pokémon cannot be found in the wild."

That, and it might have initially been to try to rekindle hype for Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and a bunch of other Generation I Pokémon, but as a concept, it couldn't really last.

Don't get me wrong; there are some Baby Pokémon I quite like, such as Munchlax and Toxel (the latter of which may well be the very first traditionally "cute" Poison-type that isn't also Grass or an Ultra Beast--though one can argue that Poipole might be a Baby Pokémon too), but for practical purposes, Baby Pokémon of previous-generation Pokémon like Azurill and Budew are essentially new versions of existing Pokémon with worse stats, and for the majority of them, require extra steps to breed. (Wynaut was the one valuable one for a while for being Wobbuffet's only means of having Encore, but recently, Encore was added to Wobbuffet's level-up moves, rendering Wynaut redundant.) Would've been nice if all Baby Pokémon found in the wild had three perfect IVs like they did in Generation VI; I don't know why they scrapped that.

I think Baby Pokémon from previous-generation Pokémon can work if they're 1) pre-evolutions of very strong, imposing Pokémon with high stats that didn't evolve from something, and 2) can be found in the wild in the early- to mid-game. They've already done so with Munchlax and arguably Happiny. Lapras would indeed by an example, as it's too strong for the first half of a Pokémon game, but introducing a Baby Pokémon version of Lapras can be a means of giving you access to the evolution line earlier into the game without making it overpowered. Duraludon is another example, and for these reasons, if they make more such Baby Pokémon, one ofr Duraludon would be at the top of my list. (Most of the ones introduced in Generation II, however, were definitely made for marketing and to show off the then-new breeding mechanics.)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I want a platypus Pokémon where the males and females have an almost identical level up moveset except the males can learn Poison type attacks such as Poison Jab. It’d be a neat reference to how male platypuses have venomous spurs that they use as self defense.

Orphalesion

The only scenario in which I would be alright with new baby Pokemon is if they give us at least 100 new, completely original Pokemon per generation again. Because if the number of new Pokemon slots is limited now, I'd rather not have GF use them on Pokemon you get by breeding and which you pretty much just evolve.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The only scenario in which I would be alright with new baby Pokemon is if they give us at least 100 new, completely original Pokemon per generation again. Because if the number of new Pokemon slots is limited now, I'd rather not have GF use them on Pokemon you get by breeding and which you pretty much just evolve.
The only Baby Pokémon that I want to see are ones for Lapras, Hoothoot (preferably called Litowl), Absol, and Mimikyu.

NeedsAName

I want a platypus Pokémon where the males and females have an almost identical level up moveset except the males can learn Poison type attacks such as Poison Jab. It’d be a neat reference to how male platypuses have venomous spurs that they use as self defense.

Þat reminds me of one Evolutionary Family idea I had:

Anatyke
Type: Water
Ability: Swift Swim/Rain Dish (HA: Water Absorb)
Gender Ratio: 50% Male/50% Female
Moves: Quite a few weaker Water and Normal attacks, but also gets Charge Beam and Clear Smog at Lv30.

If a female Anatyke is given a Sun Stone, it evolves into Billadie

Billadie
Type: Water/Electric
Ability: Swift Swim/Lightning Rod (HA: Electric Surge)
Gender Ratio: 100% Female
Moves: A lot of Electric-type and some Water-type attacks, gets Þunder Wave upon evolving, best-suited for rain battles

If a male Anatyke is given a Moon Stone, it evolves into Platuffus

Platuffus
Type: Water/Poison
Ability: Swift Swim/Poison Point (HA: Corrosion)
Gender Ratio: 100% Male
Moves: A lot of Poison-type and some Water-type attacks, gets Toxic upon evolving, best-suited for poison stalling

Last edited:

Orphalesion

The only Baby Pokémon that I want to see are ones for Lapras, Hoothoot (preferably called Litowl), Absol, and Mimikyu.

I'd be on board with a Lapras one (particularly since it'd be more of a pre-evolution to make Lapras available earlier, like @Ophie pointed out) and they could base it on Kurusu (Kurusu's final evo was a plesiosaur-like creature, just like Lapras).

There is so much they can do with a Peacock... they could make it psychic, with the "eyes" on the tail feathers being real eyes with which they can see into far-away places or the future.
This idea is very similar to Xatu

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I had a similar idea for a peacock Pokémon called Peagawk where its tail has eye patterns that aren’t actual eyes but it can launch beams from them. It uses these patterns to scare off any potential threats as they seem to stare at the attacker which makes them uncomfortable.