• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Acer11

Let's see for the regional "rodent" I would like to see the following:
1)Normal -> Normal/Water Capybara.
2)A Normal/Fairy Chinchilla-like creature that collects trinkets.(Could also be a Normal/Fairy or Fairy regional variant of Sentret/Furret)

For the local bird I'd really like to see my earlier idea of a hummingbird Pokemon. Either Flying/Fairy or Flying/Grass. Or a Flying/Psychic Peacock.

For the regional bug(s). I'd like to see
1)a Bug/Dark Maggot->Cocoon->Fleshfly line.
2) a Bug/Poison Mosquito
3) a Grass/Bug Butterfly that has flower petal wings.
4)a bug/steel Pill Bug or Woodlouse line

I'm not that into fossils. But if we are to have some, then I agree with papir_christian's Rock/Fighting caveman. But I'd like to see a Dimetrodon for Rock/Electric. A Stegosaurus would make an awesome Rock/Grass fossil, imho, but that's just personal preference.

For the pseudo legendary I'd like a Bug/Dragon giant Earthworm line. I'm talking something inspired by those sand worms from Dune and the Lindworms of European Folklore at the same time.
I agree with Nodame's Fairy Dragon and propose they base it on a Carbuncle (the animal invented by Jorge Borges, not the illness) and it's evolved form could be encrusted with jewels all over.
And I'd like a pure Fairy or Fairy/Grass High Medieval Unicorn.
We already got 2 Normal-type Pokemon based on chinchillas (Minccino and Cinccino)

Acer11

This may be preposterous, but maybe a Pokemon that's literally a big hand, actually, make that two different Pokemon that are big hands (a left one and a right one)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
This may be preposterous, but maybe a Pokemon that's literally a big hand, actually, make that two different Pokemon that are big hands (a left one and a right one)
Are you talking along the lines of Crazy Hand and Master Hand? If so then how would they look to be separate from the Hands?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Could be fun.....

Apprehand (play on Apprehend)
Ghost
Pickpocket, Long Reach HA: Shadow Tag

Apprehand, The Grasping Pokemon. Even though they can float through the air they enjoy walking on the ground using thier five fingers as five legs. They spend there free time stealing items from those that wonder close to it's territory.
If they don't find something they like on a person they will grab the person themselves and steal them away instead.

Acer11

Could be fun.....

Apprehand (play on Apprehend)
Ghost
Pickpocket, Long Reach HA: Shadow Tag

Apprehand, The Grasping Pokemon. Even though they can float through the air they enjoy walking on the ground using thier five fingers as five legs. They spend there free time stealing items from those that wonder close to it's territory.
If they don't find something they like on a person they will grab the person themselves and steal them away instead.
And would this Pokemon be a left hand or a right hand, because when I thought of this idea, I thought of a counterpart for this who is the same, but has different stats and is the opposite hand (you know, left or right hand)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
And would this Pokemon be a left hand or a right hand, because when I thought of this idea, I thought of a counterpart for this who is the same, but has different stats and is the opposite hand (you know, left or right hand)

Hmm.... I vote it's the same Pokemon but I has 2 forms and depending on the form it has different stats and/or moves and/or abilities.

For bonus fun they could have a single color color scheme, but different between forms.... Except the shines are reversed.

Acer11

Hmm.... I vote it's the same Pokemon but I has 2 forms and depending on the form it has different stats and/or moves and/or abilities.

For bonus fun they could have a single color color scheme, but different between forms.... Except the shines are reversed.
And an eye would be in the palm.

Acer11

What kind of type you would see in a new Pokemon if the Pokemon was hypothetically based on a Jack-in-the-Box?

Orphalesion

A conversation in another thread made me think about that I really like a lot of object-based ghost Pokemon and would really like to see more.

One thing I'd really like to see would be the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasa-obake a Japanese umbrella spirit. They seem to be mischievous and like to play pranks, so I could see them being Ghost/Fairy, or maybe Ghost/Water (umbrella?) or Ghost/Flying (ever lost hold of an umbrella during a storm, hurricane?)

I'd also kinda like a Pokemon based on a treasure chest that could maybe throw fake gold and/or jewels at the opponent. In it's Pokedex entry it could be said to play tricks on greedy humans by leaving trails of gold coins/jewels lying around that later turn out to be completely worthless, or even just glamoured grass/dirt/pebbles.
That of course also kinda sounds Ghost/Fairy like... particularly in that it would be a natural candidate for Dazzling Gleam. But I could also see Ghost/Psychic (it manipulates others into thinking pebbles and dirt are jewels/gold via telepathic suggestion) or maybe Ghost/Steel.
Maybe it could be an evolution line...an old fashioned...uh you know those leather pouches they used to store their money in during Medieval Times? That later evolves into a Treasure Chest.

A chipped porcelain ballerina figurine would also be something I'd like to see. Possibly pure Ghost. It could be a melancholic, but helpful creature that helps people to let go of sad past memories (blergh...that sounds part Fairy yet again... :confused:)

And finally some sort of hat/helmet/crown (maybe multiple variations) that likes to put itself onto the heads of people and causes them to take on a personality that is fitting for the hat. Could be like Orciorio, with maybe 4 variations that each have a different sub-type: A knight helmet (Ghost/Steel) a top hat (Ghost/Psychic, due to stage magicians) a flowery bonnet or straw hat (Ghost/Grass) and a woolly winter hat ( Ghost/Ice)

Acer11

A conversation in another thread made me think about that I really like a lot of object-based ghost Pokemon and would really like to see more.

One thing I'd really like to see would be the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasa-obake a Japanese umbrella spirit. They seem to be mischievous and like to play pranks, so I could see them being Ghost/Fairy, or maybe Ghost/Water (umbrella?) or Ghost/Flying (ever lost hold of an umbrella during a storm, hurricane?)

I'd also kinda like a Pokemon based on a treasure chest that could maybe throw fake gold and/or jewels at the opponent. In it's Pokedex entry it could be said to play tricks on greedy humans by leaving trails of gold coins/jewels lying around that later turn out to be completely worthless, or even just glamoured grass/dirt/pebbles.
That of course also kinda sounds Ghost/Fairy like... particularly in that it would be a natural candidate for Dazzling Gleam. But I could also see Ghost/Psychic (it manipulates others into thinking pebbles and dirt are jewels/gold via telepathic suggestion) or maybe Ghost/Steel.
Maybe it could be an evolution line...an old fashioned...uh you know those leather pouches they used to store their money in during Medieval Times? That later evolves into a Treasure Chest.

A chipped porcelain ballerina figurine would also be something I'd like to see. Possibly pure Ghost. It could be a melancholic, but helpful creature that helps people to let go of sad past memories (blergh...that sounds part Fairy yet again... :confused:)

And finally some sort of hat/helmet/crown (maybe multiple variations) that likes to put itself onto the heads of people and causes them to take on a personality that is fitting for the hat. Could be like Orciorio, with maybe 4 variations that each have a different sub-type: A knight helmet (Ghost/Steel) a top hat (Ghost/Psychic, due to stage magicians) a flowery bonnet or straw hat (Ghost/Grass) and a woolly winter hat ( Ghost/Ice)
You know, I actually thought of that idea a long while ago. That Pokemon would be based on that, but it's design would be based on a fancy umbrella, it's type would be Ghost/Flying, and it's name would be Parasoul.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Orphalesion

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
*checks out your gallery*

I love pumchic! It'd be a cute Grass Starter. Did you ever think of evolutions?

Thanks. I did up some concepts inwas never fully liking which is why I never posted them. Second stage it doesn't have a visible face and the stem on top is a vine that wags like a dog tail. I wanna say it had a tongue hanging out like it was suddenly a bipedal pumkin pup.

Final stage ditched the legs on the bottom and had 6-8 vines coming out of the top having it walk like a spider. I wanna say when I made it the plan was for it to become a Grass/Ghost type.

Acer11

https://www.deviantart.com/paipr-christian/art/entry-for-fakemon-197093269

I came up with that years ago for some contest. I think I'd prob change it's typing to something like Water-->Water/Ghost or just Water/Ghost for the whole Evo line.

I could see them having fun with the treasure chest idea for sure though.
I also had that Treasure Chest Idea a while ago. These Pokemon would be Mimic Chests. And I also had the Idea of a Fairy-Type Pokemon based on a Jack-in-the-Box.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
For the jack in the box idea....

Sneakaboo--->Peekabox
Fairy/Dark

Ability: Sneak-Up, This Pokemon always attacks first on the first turn regardless of Speed stat, or priority (unless other Pokemon has Sneak-Up).
HA:Stakeout

Sneakaboo, The Box Pokemon. No one knows where they aquire thier wood boxes, but what is known is that they are never seen without them. They hide within and surprise the unsuspecting. It's said they read the moods of passerbys to avoid startling those in bad moods.

Peekabox, The Box Troll Pokemon. These Pokemon's size betray them. While Sneakaboo are able to hide thanks to thier size, few are surprised by the 5x5x5 foot box that they hide in. Still even then the speed at which they emerge from still startles even the most cautious of victims.

Acer11

For the jack in the box idea....

Sneakaboo--->Peekabox
Fairy/Dark

Ability: Sneak-Up, This Pokemon always attacks first on the first turn regardless of Speed stat, or priority (unless other Pokemon has Sneak-Up).
HA:Stakeout

Sneakaboo, The Box Pokemon. No one knows where they aquire thier wood boxes, but what is known is that they are never seen without them. They hide within and surprise the unsuspecting. It's said they read the moods of passerbys to avoid startling those in bad moods.

Peekabox, The Box Troll Pokemon. These Pokemon's size betray them. While Sneakaboo are able to hide thanks to thier size, few are surprised by the 5x5x5 foot box that they hide in. Still even then the speed at which they emerge from still startles even the most cautious of victims.
That's exactly the type combination I came up with for the idea.