• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Rough guesses for each type looking at the map:
*Bug: Bug is going to a field day with this. Though even generations tend to introduce a low amount of Bug-types, Britain has tons of different insects. Even if we don't get a ton of new Pokémon, we will see return of a few with new tricks(we already know Grubbin is here, for example).
*Dark: Even though Britain's lore allows for many Dark-types, I don't think we will see much tbh. Probably a Dark E4, but we already have Hydreigon here, so not a lot of Pokémon can surpass it.
*Dragon: Obviously we are going to see a few Dragons here, but if we don't see Dragon/Bug here it would be such a waste.
*Electric: Industrial theme gives me some hope for more Electric-types, but past examples show such optimism to be fallacious.
*Fairy: Oh yeah, Celtic themes pretty much confirm tons of Fairies, new and old.
*Fighting: Yeah... no. Yes, Britain has a long history with combat sports, but the regional map does not show much reason for optimism. If we got more cities then I would consider it, but as things stand, no.
*Fire: Same as Electric. I don't know if we can be more hopeful because of the steampunk theme, especially since this region seems to be a Cold Region™ like Sinnoh.
*Flying: I have no idea? We already have Fletchling, Rufflet and Hoothoot for the regional dex. Unless hey make something interesting I don't really care.
*Ghost: Same as Dark-types. I think people might feel spoiled after Alola, but they really shouldn't.
*Grass: Yeah, there will be a lot of these.
*Ground: We already have the Diglett mural so we might see a bunch of new Ground-types after two very limited generations.
*Ice: Post-game defensive Ice-types seem to be confirmed yet again. I wish we could get early route Ice-types but GF seems committed to this metaphorical horse.
*Normal: Industrial theme makes me interested in the possibilities. Overall pastal regions also suggest a similar thing to Kalos, ie. generic early route Pokémon will have Normal subtyping to fill the dex.
*Poison: Oh yeah, we are going to see a lot of these. I mean, the region is literally called disease. Britain has a lot of amphibians, poisonous plants and industrial garbage.
*Psychic: There doesn't seem to be a designated biome for Psychics besides walled ruins so eh...
*Rock: Same as Ground, but we also have tons of caves here, so we will likely see a few fossils as well.
*Steel: Probably the biggest thing here, we are going to see a lot of these guys here. They are popular, and they are relevant to the region.
*Water: Sure, this region does not have water routes, but it is still surrounded by water and ports... so....7.8/10

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I definitely think we’ll see (only one of these 2) a peacock or flamingo, but I’m not getting my hopes up just for those.

wellwellwells

I want two new Eevee evolutions: A Steel one, tanky, with Justified (Lanceleon) and a Dragon one (Drakeon). They evolve by defeating the other.

And also since it is the UK, I want a Lonch Ness/Plesiosaur fossil Pokémon.

Skyknight

If you'll forgive what I think is a Puzzle & Dragons meme...WATER HORSE POKEMON OR RIOT!

(United Kingdom. A puca/kelpie pokemon would be only natural.)

Outside of that, I'd love to finally see a Water/Fighting mantis shrimp.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I'd like to see some more regional variants of (and can't stress this enough) non-Kanto Pokémon. The few we got in Alola were fun, especially those that changed typing completely (looking at Ninetales and Sandslash) as well as the ones that gained an additional typing that was interesting, such as Raichu. Galarian Snubbull and Granbull would be great to see some British Bulldog variants just as an example.

In terms of brand new Pokémon, I'd like to see a basking shark as that could fit in with a UK based region quite well. Also some potential for fossils to return - perhaps a Baryonyx based one as fossils have been found in the UK. Also something based off the Scottish Wild Cat perhaps. Given Galar appears to be a flipped UK, could be a good early 3 stage 'mon in the same vein as Stoutland's line from Unova. Speaking of which, and tying in with earlier comments, a scottie dog Galarian variant of Stoutland could be a bit of fun.

Drawing on UK based mythology would be good too - standard Welsh red dragon and Nessie would be interesting, and maybe those two with an additional one form the minor legendary trio of this region (something that Alola skipped with utilising the 4 Tapus).

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A Pokemon line based completely on insectivorous bats, likely the common pipistrelle which is native to the UK, the basis for Galar.

We've had a bat Pokemon line based primarily on vampire bats (Crobat) and two based on fruit-eating bats (Swoobat and Noivern). This new one would be the first completely insectivorous bat Pokemon line, and it would have Fire as its primary type to reflect it.

The first stage should be based on common pipistrelle pups and likely be only obtained by breeding (making it a baby Pokemon), and would not have the Flying type to start. The second stage would be the stage common in the wild, a third stage can be obtained much more rarely in the wild and primarily obtained by evolution.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
What are some animals native to the UK that haven’t been done yet? I’d love to see a Pokémon based off that giant on the hill, and a kelpie as well. A kelpie would make sense considering it’s set in the UK.
Also, I’d love to see a flamingo. Are those native to the UK?
Would love to see a 2 stage Manx cat Pokémon and a 3 stage dog based off of a cocker spaniel.

Orphalesion

*Fairy: Oh yeah, Celtic themes pretty much confirm tons of Fairies, new and old.

Seen that village surrounded by giant, glowing mushrooms in the upper left? Looks like Alice's Wonderland to me. Fairy Country.

The Chesshire Cat could make a good mono Fairy, Fairy/Psychic or Fairy/Dark (considering the madness and possible origin of the expression) A part fairy typed peacock... Pookahs, Pixies, Tinkerbell, the Banshee (I know I know Irish, but whatever)... the British Isles are Fairy Country!

Also, I’d love to see a flamingo. Are those native to the UK?

I know there are some on the Cote d'Azur...but Southern France is a whole lot warmer than the UK...
But it doesn't really matter whether they are, since Pandas aren't native to France and Koalas aren't native to Hawaii. Plus there's the connection of flamingos and Alice in Wodnerland...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think a Corgi Pokemon is likely going to be the next regional canine. It could be seen as the Lillipup line’s counterpart.

XXD17

Draco rex
My wish list has stayed the same as it was the last two gens: dragon eeveelution, a proper dolphin Pokemon, and mega flygon. I do kind of want to add a proper peafowl Pokemon on the list though. Oh! and more than 100 new 'mons, The most disappointing thing about 6th and 7th gen were the meager rosters.

Acer11

Seen that village surrounded by giant, glowing mushrooms in the upper left? Looks like Alice's Wonderland to me. Fairy Country.

The Chesshire Cat could make a good mono Fairy, Fairy/Psychic or Fairy/Dark (considering the madness and possible origin of the expression) A part fairy typed peacock... Pookahs, Pixies, Tinkerbell, the Banshee (I know I know Irish, but whatever)... the British Isles are Fairy Country!

I know there are some on the Cote d'Azur...but Southern France is a whole lot warmer than the UK...
But it doesn't really matter whether they are, since Pandas aren't native to France and Koalas aren't native to Hawaii. Plus there's the connection of flamingos and Alice in Wodnerland...
The flamingos better not have aspects of golf clubs because that would be ridiculous for Pokemon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
If we get a new steam punk line would it be water/steel, fire/steel, or water/fire?

I'd hope for water/fire personally.

Also I kinda want a clock Pokemon.

Drewser17

Since we're getting an English/pseudo-Medieval throwback theme this time around, we better get a few dragon legendaries, 2-3 of them. We still need ones with the 2nd type of Grass, Fighting, Psychic, Rock, Poison, Bug, and Fairy.

KKS-Lapras

I want two new Eevee evolutions: A Steel one, tanky, with Justified (Lanceleon) and a Dragon one (Drakeon). They evolve by defeating the other.

You saying that just made me think of something. Sword and Shield, Steel and Dragon, I don't know why those associations come to mind, but it just popped into my head. If combination of Eeveelutions would be introduced together, I could finally get on board with a Dragon type Eevelution, something that I've been very hesitant with til now. It would be fitting.

Wingulltrainer

That’s Dedenne.

Anyway I’m surprised there’s no crane Pokémon yet. The crane is an important symbol in Japan. Fearow doesn’t count as it is more based on the stork given its one Dex entry stating it travels far from its nest which storks do but cranes don’t.
Isn’t skarmory based on a crane?