• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
With Galarian Weezing and Morpeko, our remaining type combination count has dropped to 22, with Dark-type having only Bug/Dark as the sole remaining combination. For other stuff:
*Electric is now reduced to two remaining unused combinations, Electric/Fighting and Electric/Poison.
*Poison itself is now reduced to 5 remaining unused combinations, which leaves Normal as the type with highest remaining type combinations.
*Assuming we get 2 new combinations for each month plus 2 more for the release, we should see around 14 remaining type combinations, which would be consistent with my previous predictions.

For the remaining unique type combinations, we only have Dark/Normal as a now generic type combination. Since Galarian Zigzagoon-line shares the same type order as Alolan Rattata-line, Normal/Dark type order remains unused, but we only have 4 remaining unique Dark-type combinations, Dark/Ice, Rock/Dark, Dark/Steel and Ground/Dark. As it seems Galar wants to increase the amount of Dark-types, much like how Alola increased the amount of Ghost-types, it is feasible that we will see some of these remaining unique type combinations.

With Galarian Weezing and Morpeko, our remaining type combination count has dropped to 22, with Dark-type having only Bug/Dark as the sole remaining combination. For other stuff:
*Electric is now reduced to two remaining unused combinations, Electric/Fighting and Electric/Poison.
*Poison itself is now reduced to 5 remaining unused combinations, which leaves Normal as the type with highest remaining type combinations.
*Assuming we get 2 new combinations for each month plus 2 more for the release, we should see around 14 remaining type combinations, which would be consistent with my previous predictions.

For the remaining unique type combinations, we only have Dark/Normal as a now generic type combination. Since Galarian Zigzagoon-line shares the same type order as Alolan Rattata-line, Normal/Dark type order remains unused, but we only have 4 remaining unique Dark-type combinations, Dark/Ice, Rock/Dark, Dark/Steel and Ground/Dark. As it seems Galar wants to increase the amount of Dark-types, much like how Alola increased the amount of Ghost-types, it is feasible that we will see some of these remaining unique type combinations.

Except you can’t really say that Morpeko is a dual-typed Electric/Dark-type, as it can only ever be one of them at any one time.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Yeah that threw me off originally too. Apparently it's always an electric/dark type. It's form change only determines weather aura wheel is a dark or electric move, which I think is pretty cool!

PurinTrap

Normally A "Fairly" Special Kind of Trainer.
I just can't get enough of galarian weezing!!! I am already talking to my tattooist about drawing something up for me!!! Its love at first sight!!!! Mind you I normally only get cutesy pokemon tattoos like happiny or spotty.

Aside from that he would work with my common core of Blissey, Audino, and Wigglytuff in terms of battling. I sooooooo welcome him into the kingdom of faeries I am spook stoked about this!!! Typing and ability makes him suuuuuper viable! Since I have never bothered using alolan pokemon, does anybody know if regional variants have the same stat distribution as their original forms?

Orphalesion

I just can't get enough of galarian weezing!!! I am already talking to my tattooist about drawing something up for me!!! Its love at first sight!!!! Mind you I normally only get cutesy pokemon tattoos like happiny or spotty.

Aside from that he would work with my common core of Blissey, Audino, and Wigglytuff in terms of battling. I sooooooo welcome him into the kingdom of faeries I am spook stoked about this!!! Typing and ability makes him suuuuuper viable! Since I have never bothered using alolan pokemon, does anybody know if regional variants have the same stat distribution as their original forms?
They have the same Stat Total, but a different spread.

Also you never "bothered" with the icy majesty that is Alolan Ninetales? :eek: It's Ice/Fairy!

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Also you never "bothered" with the icy majesty that is Alolan Ninetales? :eek: It's Ice/Fairy!

That and the different stat spread doesn't tend to vary all that much different from the orginal variant.

......also I don't think I even did get around to using A.Ninetails myself. I know I got one for my wife, but me myself, never did.....

Leosnake

I would like to see a Kingfisher, Puffin, Red Kite and this new blue gull pokemon that was rumoured.

PurinTrap

I mean she's beautiful no doubt. And aurora veil is dope. But meh... She seemed kind of... EXTRA for me personally. Plus as a whole I feel that most Alolan forms are outclassed by their originals in terms of type effectiveness.

Galarian Weezing is the first regional variant that I actually really dig!! I hate dragons so the fact that levitate G.Weezing is immune to both Garchomps forms of stab is amazing!! He is also not what most would immediately think of when it comes to faeries, I just really love his design. I wonder what his shiny will end up looking like.

Orphalesion

I mean she's beautiful no doubt. And aurora veil is dope. But meh... She seemed kind of... EXTRA for me personally. Plus as a whole I feel that most Alolan forms are outclassed by their originals in terms of type effectiveness.

Galarian Weezing is the first regional variant that I actually really dig!! I hate dragons so the fact that levitate G.Weezing is immune to both Garchomps forms of stab is amazing!! He is also not what most would immediately think of when it comes to faeries, I just really love his design. I wonder what his shiny will end up looking like.

Don't worry I was just joking a little bit and since you seem to like fairy types and all ;-)

This has made me worried; at the beginning of this generation, Dark was only left to be paired with Bug, Electric and Fairy.

Bug is my favourite type and I really wanted to see a Bug/Dark-type this gen but I very much doubt that they will leave the Dark-type with no types left to be paired with after having 3 combinations left to cover.

Orphalesion

This has made me worried; at the beginning of this generation, Dark was only left to be paired with Bug, Electric and Fairy.

Bug is my favourite type and I really wanted to see a Bug/Dark-type this gen but I very much doubt that they will leave the Dark-type with no types left to be paired with after having 3 combinations left to cover.

You never know. It's too early to give up hope and Gamefreak sometimes seems really erratic with their choice in type combinations.

sketchersmeargle

I mean, as far as unique type combinations or ones that haven't been used. Just because Gamefreak uses them for variants or for designs that may not be fulfilling of said type, does not mean we won't ever see that type be used for more designs.

In two gens in a row, we got six new pokemon with the unused and unique grass/ghost combo.

So if Dark/Normal has been used for variants, I'm sure one gen in the future will have a non-variant pokemon of that type that brings something new and unique to the typing.

Them using it, at least means they are conceptualizing what kind of pokemon and designs fit it for the future and what can be done with it.

JohnLee

Dark/Ice already exists with Sneasel and Weavile. :)

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I can’t believe we haven’t seen the regional bird, bug, and rodent, isn’t there always tons of news in August?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I can’t believe we haven’t seen the regional bird, bug, and rodent, isn’t there always tons of news in August?

We do still have a few more chances, CoroCoro could share something new. And then Worlds.

And I mean there is nothing stopping GF from dropping another trailer this month

PurinTrap

Anybody else notice how out of all water type pokemon (the most abundant type) we have never had a formal Dolphin pokemon. Like... Ever!! Plenty of fish, sharks, and jellyfish, but no dolphin. Wth is up with that?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Anybody else notice how out of all water type pokemon (the most abundant type) we have never had a formal Dolphin pokemon. Like... Ever!! Plenty of fish, sharks, and jellyfish, but no dolphin. Wth is up with that?

There are many odd exclusions. That is one of em for sure.

Then there ore oddities like, how is Grass/Water and Grass/Ground not more common of a type combo.

You do have to wonder if they have tried to make one and ultimately decided it wasn't working and scrapped it.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What about a Whale Shark Pokemon? Already have a good typing for it. According to one of the people's of Madagascar, they described it as a strange large fish with stars on it's backs. So... a Whale Shark Pokemon... with stars on it's back! That would be an awesome idea for a Pokemon and I already have an idea what it's typing would be. A water/psychic or water/fairy type Pokemon but here's the thing. For this Pokemon, it's offenses are bad... very bad because the Whale Shark are some of the most docile creatures out there so I'd imagine it'd be more like the water version of Chansey with ridiculously high HP, defenses and special defenses.