• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'd rather that any bug types use typings other than poison or flying, literally anything else...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So I have a cool idea for a fossil Pokemon inspired by a stand from JoJo's Bizarre Adventures called Scary Monsters!

So imagine a velociraptor fossil Pokemon that's a Rock/Ghost-type. It's extremely fast and has some good attack but it's ability is that whenever it attacks a Pokemon with a biting move, it infects that Pokemon with it's viral saliva, turning it temporarily into a Rock/Ghost-type like itself, similar to Cofagrigus's mummy ability. For such a Pokemon though, I think it'd make sense if it had accelerock since it is a velociraptor.

Orphalesion

I just finally want a freaking peacock. I don't even care anymore what type(s) it would be or whether it would be a regular or legendary Pokemon. I finally want a peacock. I've wanted one since Red/Blue.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I also want a peacock. Maybe split evolution for male/female?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I really do hope they do fossil pokemon this gen! Did they ever clarify why there weren't any in gen 7?

You know? I don't think they did. It'd make sense for there to be fossil Pokemon though, since Doggerland is/was a thing. I really hope there's like a sabertooth lion/cat fossil Pokemon or maybe some sort of ice age era kind of animal based Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
Just realized something. Has Pokemon ever done a turkey Pokemon?

As far as I can remember, there doesn't seem to be any Pokemon that's specifically based on a turkey, although I remember thinking that Houou's tail feathers somewhat resembled those of a turkey when I was younger [although Houou's supposed to be a phoenix]. I guess that a turkey Pokemon in Gen VIII could work although it's usually hard to take turkeys seriously, so Game Freak might go down the comedic route and come up with a funny-looking design.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Just realized something. Has Pokemon ever done a turkey Pokemon?

Making a whole country into a pokemon seems unlikley.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
The "Glitch" Pokemon gave me a Pokemon idea.
I have no idea what a name would be, but it would be a Fighting/_____ type, based on an an antivirus Computer program. It would be sort of like Porygon where it has the ability to go inside computers and fight viruses, hence the fighting type. I have no idea what it's secondary typing would be. I know Porygon is just normal, so maybe Normal/Fighting. But that feels pretty lackluster. I suppose Ghost/Fighting, Psychic/Fighting, or Fairy/Fighting could work too.

It cold even be a Galarian form of Porygon actually. Or Porygon 3?

JLK2707

Let us get started with pokemon we want to see in Gen 8.

I'll put in my hope for the regional rodent.

What of one based on a Capybara?

A Normal/grass type with the ability huge power! ... It's stats are all in physical attack and bulky defense/ hp... but its speed would be the only really bad stat. (Special defense would also be nothing to write home about.)
Great idea!:)

Orphalesion

loi-krathong3.jpg

Huh. I just realized something. GameFreak has never done a Paper Lantern Pokemon. Perfect opportunity for a Fire/Grass-type Pokemon right there!

Considering the positive associations those lanterns have in Japanese culture, I could see it being a fun Fire/Fairy type. For Fire/Grass I'd really rather see an actual plant that has some association with fire.

shoz999

Considering the positive associations those lanterns have in Japanese culture, I could see it being a fun Fire/Fairy type. For Fire/Grass I'd really rather see an actual plant that has some association with fire.
I said grass because this is not the first time Pokemon has associated paper with grass, Kartana.

loi-krathong3.jpg

Huh. I just realized something. GameFreak has never done a Paper Lantern Pokemon. Perfect opportunity for a Fire/Grass-type Pokemon right there!
I’m pretty sure Dusclops is supposed to be a Chochin-Obake, an (often one-eyed) paper lantern yokai. This Dex entry fits particularly well.
“It is thought that its body is hollow with only a spectral ball of fire burning inside. However, no one has been able to confirm this theory as fact.”
So it isn’t just some weird round hollow mummy cyclops.

shoz999

I just thought of a cool concept GameFreak should try in future generations. What about legendary fossil Pokemon as boxart legendaries?

I personally want it to be either an edgier T-Rex and some kind of fossil dragon with rocket wings lol. And before you say we already have a T-Rex fossil Pokemon and a Flying Dragon-like fossil Pokemon, remember what Monster Hunter thinks! There's no such thing as too many T-Rexes and Dragons lol! Personally I'd want who ever designed Monster Hunter's Glavenus, a fire-bladed T-Rex monster, and Valstrax, a laser dragon that has extendable rocket wings that can launch into the stratosphere, to design the fossil boxart legendaries.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I keep bringing this up, but if Corviknight’s prevolutions aren’t revealed, then it’s the opposite of Pikipek: we learned about both in the beginning of their reveal cycles but Pikipek’s evolutions were never officially revealed while Corviknight’s pre evolutions never officially reveal in this hypothetical situation