• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Leonhart

Imagineer
Well this generation certainly introduced a lot of interesting Pokemon, although we still didn't get a dolphin Pokemon. I was surprised that Game Freak gave us two barracuda based Pokemon, though. That was a bit of a surprise for me since I never considered the idea of a barracuda Pokemon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm hoping there will be another legendary pokemon or two (maybe even a mythical) in the future. I mean, we haven't had a low count like this since Gen 1!
I'm not thinking like Sinnoh legendary numbers. But United Kingdom has a lot of old stories and cool mythology that Game Freak could draw on.

We also didn't get much information on the legendary pokemon we do have. Basically Sonia came and said "Hey so I found these books from another region and these are the dogs names plus they were born somewhere far from here." Why do other regions know about Galar's doggos when Galar barely knows them? I mean at least we know Eternatus rode in on a meteor eons ago yet we don't know much about Zacian or Zamazenta.

Generation VI had only three as well. It was just Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

I had three type combos I wanted to see this gen. Only one of them was realized. But it was also the one I wanted most!! So that works out well..... Even though I didn't get to use it on my first playthrough do to something else emerging as my favorite Pokemon of the generation.

Still though, I'd love to have gotten a Electric/Fighting and/or a Ground/Fairy.
What was the type combination you wanted?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What was the type combination you wanted?

Bug/Ice. Snom and Frosmoth are great users of that type. (Although I still wish we had gotten a dung beetle rolling snowballs instead of dung that was Bug/Ice, but maybe eventually)

I'm actually starting my second playthrough and switch out my starter for a Snom I breed...... A shiny Snom I accidentally got in less than 30 eggs with it's HA...... One that has 0 in special attack (while all other stats are perfect or almost perfect with a nature that lowers it's special attack.

It was a bitter sweet Snom to hatch.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Since Gigantamax Melmetal is in the coding of the game, I want them to release an event DLC for it. It's been a while since we had a proper event, and now we can straight up add DLC instead of having it pre-established in the code

NeedsAName

Remaining unused type combos and potential solutions:
  1. Bug/Dark: This one would actually be really easy. It could be done with a sinister/evil cockroach, or earwig, or dung beetle, or butterfly, or moth, or weta, or centipede, or anything else. I personally hope this will be used for a regional bug
  2. Bug/Dragon: Just give us a cool insectoid dragon or reptilian bug. My ideas for this include a regional Trapinch variant, a hungry tapeworm/wyrm, and giant dragonfly monster
  3. Bug/Normal: This one's trickier, as it should both be a mammalian and bug-like creature, so a lot of ideas are literal fusions, like a literal Spider Monkey, Wolf Spider, or Giraffe Weevil
  4. Electric/Fighting: Any animal would work for this, as long as the Pokemon shocks things and fights things, although I would prefer a Gorilla
  5. Fairy/Fighting: While this idea may seem hard at first, there are many solutions, like a Centaur, or one of those bouncy punching clown things
  6. Fairy/Fire: This typing sounds really cool and not hard at all to solve. For example, a fiery bull that creates a pleasant aroma of burning incense
  7. Fairy/Ground: Just give us a cutesy underground/burrowing creature, like perhaps the Pink Fairy Armadillo
  8. Fighting/Ground: Ground/Fighting would be a bit boring but could work. It could be a tough kicking kangaroo that launches sand into its enemies eyes
  9. Fire/Grass: There are so many plants that look like flames or reproduce via wildfires. It would be easy, although it shouldn't be a standard spicy pepper
  10. Ghost/Normal: This one could be easily done by just making some spooky nocturnal mammal a bit more ghostly. Just slap some ghostly smoke onto a bear or a mountain lion and call it a day
  11. Ghost/Rock: This one is way too easy, and a lot of existing Pokemon look like they would be this combo (Golurk, Stakataka, Runerigus, Cursola). I would like an Eastern Island Head, or maybe a cursed runestone
  12. Ice/Normal: A type combo that probably hasn't been done only because we have so few Ice-types. Plenty of arctic mammals would fit this, like a Polar Bear or an Arctic Fox
  13. Ice/Poison: Same as the previous. It sounds like a really cool type-combo, although it would be terrible defensively. How about a walrus with toxic fangs?
  14. Normal/Poison: This type combo should have been done a long time ago, but for some reason it hasn't. This could even work on the regional two-stage mammal, maybe have it be a solenodon or a rabid dog
  15. Normal/Rock: Just make it a rocky creature. Rockruff would have been perfect for this, although instead, maybe we could get a Fennec Fox?
  16. Normal/Steel: Normal/Steel would be interesting to see as either a bulky physical attacker, or a defensive wall. I think a metal-plated triceratops would be pretty nice.
  17. Poison/Psychic: This one should be really sinister in appearance, maybe a vampire bat that hypnotizes its prey into a sleepy state before poisoning their body. It should also have a lot of status moves
  18. Poison/Steel: While this type combination could be amazing in design, I have a sinking feeling we won't get it until Gen 11 or 12 or so, and only then on one starter or legendary (like Torterra, Heatran, and Terrakion). Maybe it could be a ferocious lion with a mane of poisonous spikes or a living hazmat suit

Last edited:

franubis

Well this generation certainly introduced a lot of interesting Pokemon, although we still didn't get a dolphin Pokemon. I was surprised that Game Freak gave us two barracuda based Pokemon, though. That was a bit of a surprise for me since I never considered the idea of a barracuda Pokemon.

Orcas are part of the Oceanic Dolphin group of animalia, so Kyogre is technically a dolphin.

Orphalesion

Orcas are part of the Oceanic Dolphin group of animalia, so Kyogre is technically a dolphin.

Everybody knows that already.
But there's many species in the dolphin family that could create diverse Pokemon. And it's clear that most people mean a bottle nose dolphin, because that's what "dolphin" usually means in everyday speech.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I would certainly like to see more get inspirations from fey and fairytales in general. Centaurs, Saytrs, Dryads, many different types of elemental and nature fairies, elf’s, gnolls, Pegasus, a proper hydra and so much more.

As for specific creatures though.....

How about a Sphinx?
androsphinx.jpg

I think this would be a wonderful idea for a legendary or at least just a puesdo. Make it Pyschic and either Flying or Ground type. Give it good defenses and special attack to fit the description of powerful and wise guardians, testing adventures who enter its domain with puzzles and riddles.

Also a Couatl, the beautiful celestial serpents with huge feathery wings.
latest

We kind already have a Pokémon based off the Quetzalcoat from real world mythology, however it is much more of just a Chinese dragon of the sky then a feather rainbow serpent. I’m more basing this off of the D&D creature anyways. It could be fairy flying, as the couatl are divine creatures that fight for purity. Or they could be fairy/poison as they were known to have deadly poisons.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
franubis said:

That's factually correct I suppose, but I was talking more about something resembling an actual dolphin, as in the bottlenose variety. I feel that dolphins are some of the most recognizable sea creatures, so I'm continually exasperated that Game Freak hasn't given us a genuine dolphin Pokemon yet.

Remaining unused type combos and potential solutions:
  1. Bug/Dark: This one would actually be really easy. It could be done with a sinister/evil cockroach, or earwig, or dung beetle, or butterfly, or moth, or weta, or centipede, or anything else. I personally hope this will be used for a regional bug
  2. Bug/Dragon: Just give us a cool insectoid dragon or reptilian bug. My ideas for this include a regional Trapinch variant, a hungry tapeworm/wyrm, and giant dragonfly monster
  3. Bug/Normal: This one's trickier, as it should both be a mammalian and bug-like creature, so a lot of ideas are literal fusions, like a literal Spider Monkey, Spider Wolf, or Giraffe Weevil
  4. Electric/Fighting: Any animal would work for this, as long as the Pokemon shocks things and fights things, although I would prefer a Gorilla
  5. Fairy/Fighting: While this idea may seem hard at first, there are many solutions, like a Centaur, or one of those bouncy punching clown things
  6. Fairy/Fire: This typing sounds really cool and not hard at all to solve. For example, a fiery bull that creates a pleasant aroma of burning incense
  7. Fairy/Ground: Just give us a cutesy underground/burrowing creature, like perhaps the Pink Fairy Armadillo
  8. Fighting/Ground: Ground/Fighting would be a bit boring but could work. It could be a tough kicking kangaroo that launches sand into its enemies eyes
  9. Fire/Grass: There are so many plants that look like flames or reproduce via wildfires. It would be easy, although it shouldn't be a standard spicy pepper
  10. Ghost/Normal: This one could be easily done by just making some spooky nocturnal mammal a bit more ghostly. Just slap some ghostly smoke onto a bear or a mountain lion and call it a day
  11. Ghost/Rock: This one is way too easy, and a lot of existing Pokemon look like they would be this combo (Golurk, Stakataka, Runerigus, Cursola). I would like an Eastern Island Head, or maybe a cursed runestone
  12. Ice/Normal: A type combo that probably hasn't been done only because we have so few Ice-types. Plenty of arctic mammals would fit this, like a Polar Bear or an Arctic Fox
  13. Ice/Poison: Same as the previous. It sounds like a really cool type-combo, although it would be terrible defensively. How about a walrus with toxic fangs?
  14. Normal/Poison: This type combo should have been done a long time ago, but for some reason it hasn't. This could even work on the regional two-stage mammal, maybe have it be a solenodon or a rabid dog
  15. Normal/Rock: Just make it a rocky creature. Rockruff would have been perfect for this, although instead, maybe we could get a Fennec Fox?
  16. Normal/Steel: Normal/Steel would be interesting to see as either a bulky physical attacker, or a defensive wall. I think a metal-plated triceratops would be pretty nice.
  17. Poison/Psychic: This one should be really sinister in appearance, maybe a vampire bat that hypnotizes its prey into a sleepy state before poisoning their body. It should also have a lot of status moves
  18. Poison/Steel: While this type combination could be amazing in design, I have a sinking feeling we won't get it until Gen 11 or 12 or so, and only then on one starter or legendary (like Torterra, Heatran, and Terrakion). Maybe it could be a ferocious lion with a mane of poisonous spikes or a living hazmat suit
I am making a fan made region based on Germany. Some of which are type combos you said. Like an electric/fighting Boar or a Bug/Dark regional bug (cockroach). I may also see your other type combos and try making a German pokemon out of it. Also, if you have ideas for a German region pokemon, give me those ideas. Also, tell me where I should put this kind of thing.

Orphalesion

I am making a fan made region based on Germany. Some of which are type combos you said. Like an electric/fighting Boar or a Bug/Dark regional bug (cockroach). I may also see your other type combos and try making a German pokemon out of it. Also, if you have ideas for a German region pokemon, give me those ideas. Also, tell me where I should put this kind of thing.
The Lindworm is a German dragon creature that could make an interesting Bug/Dragon imho ( you know Worm/Wyrm) . I have wanted to see that for years.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Though I'd rather wait for them to return to the US for geographical inspiration, a Pokémon I really would like to see them do is one themed on the Virginia Opossum, as there's a lot of potential with this one. It could be a Normal-type but can play dead when certain conditions are triggered, assuming an alternate form and the much sought-after type combination of Normal/Ghost. (Perhaps this play-dead form can even have its body collapsed on the floor and its spirit floating above it.)

Said conditions could be a move the Pokémon has, as well as fear-based moves and Abilities from the opponent such as Intimidate, Unnerve, Scary Face, Mean Look, and Glare (as real-life possums play dead, of course, when they're scared; it's an involuntary reaction, so they can't actually shut it off).