• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

Orphalesion

Though I'd rather wait for them to return to the US for geographical inspiration, a Pokémon I really would like to see them do is one themed on the Virginia Opossum, as there's a lot of potential with this one. It could be a Normal-type but can play dead when certain conditions are triggered, assuming an alternate form and the much sought-after type combination of Normal/Ghost. (Perhaps this play-dead form can even have its body collapsed on the floor and its spirit floating above it.)

Said conditions could be a move the Pokémon has, as well as fear-based moves and Abilities from the opponent such as Intimidate, Unnerve, Scary Face, Mean Look, and Glare (as real-life possums play dead, of course, when they're scared; it's an involuntary reaction, so they can't actually shut it off).

Well they don't need to base a region off of the US to include US animals... A possum like that would be cool.

I'm still waiting for a peacock....

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Well they don't need to base a region off of the US to include US animals... A possum like that would be cool.

I'm still waiting for a peacock....
Kanto had Kangskhan which was based on a kangaroo and Alola had Komala which is a koala and both are based in Australian wildlife not native to the real world areas those two regions were based on. We could get a platypus in a region based on Canada if GF wanted.

NeedsAName

What about a Pokemon that praises the sun? Like literally a humanoid Pokemon that does the "Praise the Sun!" stance everytime it unleashes a special attack like flamethrower or ice beam. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Bug/Fire dung beetle. Calling it now

NeedsAName

We could get a platypus in a region based on Canada if GF wanted.

Or a peacock in Norway, a dolphin in Nigeria, a whale in Mongolia, or a sasquatch in Russia. I'm fine with having a Pokemon based on an animal not located in that region's basis, as long as the Pokemon is in a reasonable area in the game (like how Komala lives in trees resembling Eucalyptus trees) and the majority of the Pokemon in-game are based on actual local animals.

Orphalesion

It's only relaly been since Gen 7 that people insist that the Pokemon have to match the region the game takes place in, despite the numerous examples that show that it isn't the case.
I blame those "What if Gamefreak made a region baseon on..." videos on youtube, since they always rattle off a list of "region apporpriate Pokemon"

I mean, don't get me wrong, Pokemon based on animals/concept from the real life region are fun, but they should never be the only Pokemon included.

NeedsAName

It's only relaly been since Gen 7 that people insist that the Pokemon have to match the region the game takes place in, despite the numerous examples that show that it isn't the case.
I blame those "What if Gamefreak made a region baseon on..." videos on youtube, since they always rattle off a list of "region apporpriate Pokemon"

I mean, don't get me wrong, Pokemon based on animals/concept from the real life region are fun, but they should never be the only Pokemon included.

Exactly. People worry too much about being accurate! Let the facts be a suggestion, not the rule. The point of fiction is that it isn't real! You can do whatever you want!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
For the record, I'm not bothered by Pokémon of a different part of the world than the real-life basis. I was hoping for Scorbunny's final form to be based on a jackalope, for instance, as that's another concept that hasn't been done in Pokémon, and I figured something like that would be fitting as a starter. (Then again, it may be more fitting as a Mythical Pokémon.) I also found it amusing to see Komala introduced in Alola.

It seems to be a trend among fully evolved starters to have one or more of them be based on something from a country other than the one the region is based on, at least from Generation IV and onward, when starters started taking on concepts from human culture:
Generation IV: Torterra is based on the World Turtle in Indian mythology; Empoleon is based on a Medieval European king
Generation V: Serperior is based on a French aristocrat; Emboar is based on a sumo wrestler; Samurott is based on a samurai
Generation VI: Greninja is based on a ninja
Generation VII: Decidueye is based on a Robin Hood type of archer; Incineroar is based on a heel wrestler, but of the Japanese sort
Generation VIII: Rillaboom is based on a taiko drummer

Bug/Fire dung beetle. Calling it now

I'd like a bombardier beetle with that type combination, honestly.

Orphalesion

I just realized we need a Capybara Pokemon. Water/Fairy because Capybara "are friend shaped"

I'd like a bombardier beetle with that type combination, honestly.

A Bug/Fire Bombardier Beetle and a Bug/Ice Dung Beetle that rolls snowballs. They both could evolve from the same beetle larva Pokemon with either the Fire or Ice Stone

NeedsAName

I hope we get more Pokémon that mix very different concepts and some unexpected type combos! We've already got a Water/Dark ninja frog with a tongue scarf, a Dragon/Ghost fighter jet diplocaulus, and an Electric/Poison punk rocker agama lizard, so how about a Poison/Dragon gangster land-dolphin? Or a Ghost/Poison spicy pepper/earthworm monster? Or a Psychic/Bug dung beetle that moves pearls across the land to the ocean? Or a Fairy/Flying janthina snail/balloon thingy that flies around scattering glitter? I really want Game Freak to go all out with future designs and give us more unique things than "Normal/Flying woodpecker" or "Grass-type cotton old lady".

NeedsAName

Well, this thread died down. Anyways, I really hope we get a few new non-legendary, non-mythical Pokémon in the DLC. We've had four confirmed new Pokémon, of which three (Kubfu, Urshifu, and Calyrex) are legendaries, and one (Zarude) is a mythical. Some new Pokémon I hope we could get in the Isle of Armor or the Crown Tundra
  • 2-stage Fighting/Flying secretary bird with a new Flying-type move called "Sudden Kick". Galar really didn't give a lot of Flying-types (only 4) and the Fighting-types we got were ALL pure Fighting-types in at least one form (Zamazenta gains the Steel type in its Crowned Shield form). Also, a secretary bird would just be plain cool to see as a Pokémon
  • 3-stage Dragon/Bug ferocious scorpion that stabs things with its sharp tail. No Pokémon in any form are both Dragon-type and Bug-type, and Bug is the only type that hasn't been combined with Dragon yet
  • Mono-stage derpy Grass/Steel jinmenju/christmas tree mashup with a bunch of colorful metal heads and can learn Decorate
  • 2-stage pure Dragon-type Welsh Dragon. We should have gotten this in Sword and Shield proper
  • and a 3-stage Flying-type cloud-like dove, because Galar gave very few Flying-types and Tornadus is the only fully-evolved just-Flying-type

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Kind of shocked that they haven't already created an earthworm Pokemon. Just like with dolphins it confuses me why Game Freak haven't gone with the most obvious Pokemon design ideas.

If you ignore it's classification as " the rock snake Pokemon" Onix line is kinda an earthworm. Like earthworms it's body is segmented, and it burrows through the ground.

That said I'd love to see a small little ground type earthworm that evolves into a massive ground/dark sand worm.

NeedsAName

If you ignore it's classification as " the rock snake Pokemon" Onix line is kinda an earthworm. Like earthworms it's body is segmented, and it burrows through the ground.

That said I'd love to see a small little ground type earthworm that evolves into a massive ground/dark sand worm.

Cool, but we don't need another burrowing bug (Skorupi) who loses the Bug-type in favor of a Dark-typing upon evolution (Drapion).