• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Wish List

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Cool, but we don't need another burrowing bug (Skorupi) who loses the Bug-type in favor of a Dark-typing upon evolution (Drapion).

I got ya. I actually want it to be pure Ground-->Ground/Dark.

But I have no issue with the ideas of our being /Bug type..... But what bug moves to give it?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You know, I had a thought about a potential Ice/Poison Pokémon, and I came up with a giant virus...but now's probably not the best time to introduce that, and it's probably not going to happen for a long time...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I want to see a trio of Pokémon that are part Ghost type and are haunted spell books. Each represents a different type of magic and Typing that fits their individual theme. You have a Ghost/Dark book for dark magic, a Ghost/Psychic for Status and defensive magic, and a Ghost/Fairy book for white and healing magic. My idea for their design is that an old tattered looking book pops out of the Poke Ball and lands on the ground when it suddenly glows and it starts levitating and opens up and two ghostly hands are coming out of the book and holding it. Through out the battle, these hands will occasionally turn some pages and when a move is being used, the book glows brighter. When it faints, the book suddenly stops glowing and shuts itself where it falls onto the ground looking like an ordinary book. These three are not Legendaries and are found inside the old library of an abandoned mansion or building. They are also genderless. You have to admit that this would be really creative to see as a Pokémon and puts an interesting twist on the idea of a possessed object that doesn’t have evil eyes and a sneering face on the cover of the books.

NeedsAName

You know, I had a thought about a potential Ice/Poison Pokémon, and I came up with a giant virus...but now's probably not the best time to introduce that, and it's probably not going to happen for a long time...

One idea I heard was an Ice/Poison 2-stage Rhino themed around the flu and I thought that sounded pretty cool. (It was a rhino as a joke on Rhinovirus)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I want to see a trio of Pokémon that are part Ghost type and are haunted spell books. Each represents a different type of magic and Typing that fits their individual theme. You have a Ghost/Dark book for dark magic, a Ghost/Psychic for Status and defensive magic, and a Ghost/Fairy book for white and healing magic. My idea for their design is that an old tattered looking book pops out of the Poke Ball and lands on the ground when it suddenly glows and it starts levitating and opens up and two ghostly hands are coming out of the book and holding it. Through out the battle, these hands will occasionally turn some pages and when a move is being used, the book glows brighter. When it faints, the book suddenly stops glowing and shuts itself where it falls onto the ground looking like an ordinary book. These three are not Legendaries and are found inside the old library of an abandoned mansion or building. They are also genderless. You have to admit that this would be really creative to see as a Pokémon and puts an interesting twist on the idea of a possessed object that doesn’t have evil eyes and a sneering face on the cover of the books.

What would be even better is if turning those pages actually changes the Pokémon's types and/or stats. If they're spellbooks, then different parts of the book might be about different things, and it would be fitting to have its focus shift to whatever the subject matter is on the open pages.

In-battle, this would manifest as the Pokémon's types and/or stats changing each turn, something like Morpeko's Hunger Switch. It would either be completely random, go in a sequence, or have a predefined order and move to an adjacent scheme in either direction.

One idea I heard was an Ice/Poison 2-stage Rhino themed around the flu and I thought that sounded pretty cool. (It was a rhino as a joke on Rhinovirus)

Yep, the rhinovirus as a rhinoceros-looking character has been used before (Ozzy & Drix, where it's depicted as a surfer dude with a rhino head who infects people with colds as he believes the mucus makes for better surfing), but I like the concept all the same. What I had in mind, though, was a big ball with proteins sticking out encased in an ice-like membrane, and it would evolve into something shaped like a test tube or a flask with a flagellum sticking out the top.

All in all though, I'd like to see more Pokémon themed on microorganisms. I think so far, it's just the Solosis line.

(To my knowledge though, influenza is not a rhinovirus, but is more its own thing. Both the influenzavirus and rhinovirus are types of coronavirus though, to get an idea of how generic that word actually is.)

Orphalesion

Well there's nothing wrong with repeating themes as long as they are different enough. Honchcrow is kind of like the mob boss type. As is Alolan Raticate, really. And the two Pokemon aren't really similar.

A pokemon based on the henchman type of mobster would still be alright. There's still stuff that could be done with the theme.

Red and Blue

A neat idea I had is a baby cow Pokemon that would evolve into either Tauros or Miltank depending on the gender

NeedsAName

A neat idea I had is a baby cow Pokemon that would evolve into either Tauros or Miltank depending on the gender

Had this idea before. Call it Calfit and have it evolve when leveled up holding a Moomoo Milk and you get it when you breed a Miltank (or a Tauros with a Ditto) while holding the Farm Incense.

MrJechgo

If we are talking strictly new Pokémon and no regional variant, then...
  • Ankylite/Ankylord (Fire/Rock Ankylosaurus)
    • An ankylosuraus with dark brown/charcoal scales with seeping lava and a tail that ends in a oversized blacksmith hammer.
  • Hedgetail/Steghedge (Grass/Rock Stegosaurus)
    • A stegosaurus with dark green scale, rock slabs as dorsal plates, thorns at the end of its tails and moss growing on its entire body.
  • Piscedge (Water/Rock Ichtyosaurus)
    • An ichtyosaurus with deep blue scales, blade-like fins and coral plating.
  • Spinelek (Electric/Rock Spinosaurus)
    • A spinosaurus with jet-black scales, bone white teeth, claws and dorsal fins and lightning-like marking across its body.
  • Rapterror (Rock/Ghost Velociraptor)
    • A small troodon/velociraptor with its feathers mixed with purple smoke.
  • Fowlyre (Grass/Flying Peafowl)
    • A peafowl of majestic stature, white and light green feathers and a large hedge-liek tail filled with blooming flowers and buds.
  • Tesilat/Tesaiki (Electric/Fighting humanoid)
    • A mannequin-like being, with bandages on its hands, feet and face, like a Muai Tuai fighter, and a tattered cloak with lightning pattern.
  • Squirestoc/Squirapier (Water/Steel Swordfish)
    • A swordfish with a sword-like bill and steel armor plating.
  • Larvoid/Noctornet (Bug/Dark Hornet)
    • An anthropomorphic 4-armed hornet with a black jumpsuit and a hood, and has territorial wars with Vespiquens and Beedrills
  • Spotpup/Dalmatide (Water/Ground Dalmatian, firefighter motif)
    • A dalmatian with bright yellow stripes on its legs and body, a firefighter hat and 2 water pipes attached to its back.
  • Judeon (Fighting, Eeveelution)
    • A ferret with elongated legs and tail, each ending in black paws and knob.
  • Insecteon (Bug, Eeveelution)
    • A ferret with chitin, antennae between its ears, a stinger at the end of its tail, and large dragonfly wings.
  • Wyrmeon (Dragon, Eeveelution)
    • A ferret with reptilian scales, wings, tail, claws and a few gemstones lining its back.