• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
As this game is most likely a new generation, the games will most likely take place in a new region. What do you want the new region to be?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'd like the new region to be based on an area or country that stretched into the Arctic. To contrast with undergoing two rounds of tropical Poke-Hawaii.

SleepingGiant

Discord mod (Sudo)
South America would be neat. Good variety of landscape, a lot of interesting culture, pretty underrated to much of the western and eastern world.

Red and Blue

Mexico would be make for great region. There could be a lot of great legendaries/mythicals based on Aztec Mythology.

My second pick would be Greece.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Italy or Greece (preferable Italy). The mythology about the greek/roman gods would ideally fit Sinnoh's mythology for a DP remake.

Also every landscape except for a sandy desert can be covered.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
How about big and open for starters? This game could seriously use a massive increase in size and scale from the handheld games.

As far as the cultural basis, I really don't care as long as it's more exotic than most of them are. Somewhere like Egypt, China, India, Australia, Greece, or South America would be great. Also wouldn't mind Canada.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Hard to say what I would want from the new region outside of wanting it to be incredibly vast. I would like to see a Savannah, a swamp (which I think we already had in Diamond and Pearl), maybe a Tundra environment (but then again maybe not since I am sure if a Tundra/Arctic environment would look good in a Pokemon game unless it was an optional bonus location).

I already got my Tropical Rainforest/Jungle environment in Sun and Moon, though I wouldn't mind seeing another just to see how they one up themselves.

dabattousai

Hikozaru Trainer
I like the Sri Lanka idea or Southeast Asia. I would like to see a flesh out jungle environment instead of the small one we had in Sun and Moon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I like the Sri Lanka idea or Southeast Asia. I would like to see a flesh out jungle environment instead of the small one we had in Sun and Moon.

Yeah, that's one thing I'd like to see, a legitimate jungle area. We got Lush Jungle in Alola, but that place is more like a glorified forest.

Orphalesion

I'd still like to see Southern France tbh.
Aside from that another European country would be nice; Spain, Germany, Ireland, Greece, Poland...

But I suspect the next region might be based on a region of China? Now that they have added Chinese translations to the Pokemon games they might also want to do a Chinese region some-when in the future...
Also every landscape except for a sandy desert can be covered.

If they managed to shove a desert into northern France, Kyushu and New York, I'm pretty positive they can make up a desert no matter what place they decide to base the next region on.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Scandanavia based region.

Or one based om the medateranian sea.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
As I said on the other thread, I'm guessing Northwestern German states, specifically North Rhine-Westphalia, Lower Saxony, Bremen, Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein.

Edit: Apparently I originally considered the amount of regional dex to be 405, so if we have five subregions as opposed to three I originally conceived, it can be 81 unique species per region, or less but divided into 70 unique per sub-region with 55 shared between.

Last edited:

Ashton Ketchum

I would like see as base for new region west of USA. But according to sings and hints in S/M/US/UM, we see region based on Spain.

Yukidoh

A lot of the suggestions here are pretty good. I wouldn't mind a region with a lot of wilderness or mountainous regions. I feel like the next game should emphasize the exploration aspect a bit more.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
The one place I'd like to see as a region is Australia because it has plenty of diverse environments, wildlife, and history. Granted most of the Pokemon found there would be Poison type but I'm sure they could fill out the Pokedex with others.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I will quote my post from the "Which real life place would you like to see as a pokemo region?" thread in the General Pokemon Discussion section.

UK: I like the idea of London being a large metropolitan city and I believe it would be cool to explore large plains or even medieval castles sounds pretty intriguing in my opinion.
Australia: We could see many weird looking Pokemon there and some vast deserts as well.
Germany: Kinda surprised they haven't made one already given how much influence this country has to the Japanese. I guess we could see very unique cities there.
Italy: I think a city like Milano or Rome would be a waste to not appear in Pokemon imo.
Greece:My bias might play a part here but well given our vast mythology and the fact that we have many islands and mountain areas this could potentially make a quite exciting journey. I would also love to see Olympic Games for Pokemon as well.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Personally, I'd really like to see a far Northern region. Alola just bored me, and I feel like a region like Iceland, Greenland, Sweden, etc. would be very refreshing. These regions are actually very beautiful, but are always underrepresented in media.

If we can't have that, I'd take another western Europe locale or even Greece.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Back during the pre-release of Sun & Moon, there's been speculation and discussion around the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope.
I know this doesn't mean anything. But I don't have any problem if it ends up being Canada.
Well, it does at least stretch into the Arctic. And if there were going to be new megas in this region, I would have hopes for Mega Beartic (with Water as secondary typing) happening. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.