• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I’d love to have a region based on the UK, not just England, but Wales and Scotland too. The English part of the region is filled with my cities and towns, whilst Wales has many mountains and countryside villages, then Scotland could be filled with large lake areas and also snowy areas. Once completing the main game you get a ferry from Wales and head over to Ireland for the post game. It would be sort of reminiscent of Sinnoh in a way.

Orphalesion

I’d love to have a region based on the UK, not just England, but Wales and Scotland too. The English part of the region is filled with my cities and towns, whilst Wales has many mountains and countryside villages, then Scotland could be filled with large lake areas and also snowy areas. Once completing the main game you get a ferry from Wales and head over to Ireland for the post game. It would be sort of reminiscent of Sinnoh in a way.

Yeah no... If Ireland gets represented in the Pokemon games it deserves to be its own region, not Poke-UK's post game area...

Zamin

I'm definitely down for a UK Pokemon region, that would be totally awesome and it deserves to be implemented!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I'd like it be Spain but to be open world... like to visit many cities and choose what badges you want to earn( like there are 30 cities and you can choose from who you want badge), to choose in what league you want to pariticate and I want league to be similar to anime's where 64 people participate and after you beat them E4 and a Champion.Basically, I wouldn't want linear Pokemon game.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
There are several locations I'd love to see in the Pokemon series, specifically:
  • Scandinavia - A region in the far north, has snowy mountains, icebergs, and tundra. It's culture would be inspired by Norse mythology and several characters could be based off the gods.
  • Spain & Portugal - A region inspired by the Iberian Peninsula as a whole, could be close to Kalos and has a warmer climate. This would be an interesting choice since not many games are set in Spain.
  • Australia - A region that has an interesting cultural dynamic, along the coast is modern cities but the outback would be a wild frontier. The outback would have wild and more dangerous Pokemon. Figure Ayers Rocker/Uluru would be an important location in the region.
Ideally I'd prefer to go back to Europe since we've been there once. While we've visited Japan four times and the USA twice.

Last edited:

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
TBH honest I really don't care what the region is based off of it they have a lot of different biomes.

Deserts
Savannahs
Snowy mountains
Sandy Beaches
Tropical Jungle
Dense Forest

But if I really want a region based on a place in my biased opinion it would be South Asia and South East Asia, which includes India, Sri-Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia, Papau New Guinea, or even Africa with all its countries.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'd be cool with Cali only because I just moved to it. People say New England but I always felt Sinnoh had a very New England vibe going. Of course if we did get New England crossovers with Unova would be likely. So maybe the Gen BW is remade?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^It seems American states are going to be the odd generations with European regions being even generations, so Massachusetts(which is the likeliest New England state to become a region) will likely come after California and Florida, both of which have been historically more important for Pokémon and the Japanese in general.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
^It seems American states are going to be the odd generations with European regions being even generations, so Massachusetts(which is the likeliest New England state to become a region) will likely come after California and Florida, both of which have been historically more important for Pokémon and the Japanese in general.

If they were to create a California region I'd like them to at least draw inspiration from the whole west coast. From the coastlines to the rocky mountains at least.

Grey Wind

I don't think they'll lock themselves into such an arbitrary pattern. I'd also be surprised if we didn't get an Australian based region in the future.

Orphalesion

I don't think they'll lock themselves into such an arbitrary pattern. I'd also be surprised if we didn't get an Australian based region in the future.

Same here. Predicting patterns in the Pokemon games in the Pokemon games has become very difficult and out current sample of 2 American States and 1 European Country is, imho, not large enough yet to see any pattern. New York was long considered the capital of the world, the international city etc etc so it made sense to make it the firs region outside of Japan, France is hugely popular in Japan and Hawaii is very present in Japanese culture (with a sizable Japanese minority) and economic ties to Japan, so it made sense as well.

And I'm still convinced that we'll see a Chinese region within the next few generations now that Gamefreak has made such a huge deal about adding Cantonese and Mandarin localization to the Pokemon games. THen there's Australia (though I'm weird in that I don't wanna see my home as a Pokemon region...) Canada, India... a lot of places...that would make interesting Pokemon games.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ok serious question how many real world places are left before GF "runs out of ideas"

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Look at a map of the world and answer the question for yourself :)

To be fair I guess it also matters what places are good enough to be a region. Like I doubt we'd see a middle eastern region since it is all dessert

Orphalesion

Like I doubt we'd see a middle eastern region since it is all dessert

A lot of people think that but it's not really the case. Sure there's a lot of desert but (depending on what you understand under "Middle East") there's green, fertile eras on the coasts of Lebanon Syria, Israel etc, the South of Saudi Arabia is *very* green, Iraq and Iran have a large diversity in climates and landscape types including forests and snowy mountains.
It's like the snowy peaks in Hawaii, many people think theyr'e strange, but they still exist.

Red and Blue

Ok serious question how many real world places are left before GF "runs out of ideas"
China, Greece, Brazil, India, Britain, Australia, Africa, Canada, Mexico, etc.

No chance GF will run out of ideas for regions anytime soon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There are lots of places that wouldn't be covered by Game Freak as of now. I just wouldn't think of Game Freak running out of ideas soon because of that many places. Only Japan, France and very minor parts of the US are covered so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.