• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Sailor Moon anime announced - coming in 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Making it for older audiences ruins the nostalgia for me.

Well, didn't Sailor Moon appeal to both kids and adults from the start? I'm sure that the new Sailor Moon anime will do the same thing.

RLinksoul

I do hope it ends up being a more faithful adaptation to the manga. Or an entirely new series. Either way I'm pleased to see something come out of the Magical Girl genre besides Precure and Madoka.

This can only be excellent news as far as I'm concerned if it follows the plot of the manga more. With the manga being re-released that seems to be more likely. If it's just going to be a more mature version of the original anime, then I'll just watch my downloaded episodes.

ForeverFlame

I'm buying up the Kodansha manga releases and I'm loving it. It's a lot more streamlined than the Anime, and the plot is much more... interesting. At one point Sailor Moon has to fight a
talking planet
, for example.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
With the manga reprint being a boom (how did it start again?), I could see this coming. Like when I was young, this doesn't interest me the slightest so I'll pass.

Earthia100

So cool!

I actually just started watching Sailor Moon a few days ago. I decided that I should at least see a few episodes, so I at least know what everyone is talking about. Now I love it and I want to watch the whole series!

Wasn't Funimation considering a re-dub of it? I wonder what happened to that project.

Will this new version be a drop? Will it be popular among both new fans, like me, and the ones who remember the show from childhood? Will they even dub it? Either way I'm sure I'll end up watching it eventually.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So, this is new?

As in new new, and not some uber-crappy cop-out like a remastered version like DBZK or Nadia?

If so, I'm in.

Janovy

Banned
So, this is new?

As in new new, and not some uber-crappy cop-out like a remastered version like DBZK or Nadia?

If so, I'm in.
Yes.

It won't be a remastered version like DBZ Kai, it has new animation and will follow the manga storyline more closely.

Zazie

So 1991
Though earlier this year I was hoping for a new anime adaptation that combined the best elements of the anime and manga, I am pretty skeptical about this now that it has been announced.

A new version of something is never going to be the same as the original (obviously), which means it can be worse. The "for older audience" thing kind of has me concerned as well. If the rumours of Ikuhara directing are true however, colour me interested.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Good point! I'm not really counting on it coming this fall but I could be wrong.

I'd say Winter at the earliest, though if it did air in Fall I think that would just about seal the deal as best season in the history of the universe assuming Little Busters! is in Fall of course. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for my confirmation, J.C. Staff...

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I watched PGSM, Naoko Takuchi wasn't happy with the anime but was pretty good on the Live-Action. So I kinda wonder if it will be similar to that?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I hope they do a manga adpation of sailor moon I want to see sailor cosmos
It's adapted from a manga that's recently being republished in English, isn't that good enough?

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
This looks interesting. If Sailor Moon really is taking a "FMA: Brotherhood" direction, I might watch it. I don't really care who it's directed at, I'm still gonna have nostalgia shivers. :D

My favorite Senshi was Hotaru/Sailor Saturn. I saw a lot of myself in her.

matt0044

Status
Not open for further replies.