• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Scan with new information about the New Guy

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
Yes, I was right about Ash having two rivals, how awesome I can't wait to see there rivalry in action along with Gary and than Team Rocket. And Hikari/Ash don't get along at first? Oh I'm loving itXD

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hikari will most likely use her first loss as a learning experience and then realize that she can't act so impulsive and decides to learn from Ash instead. Pikachu also got lost at the beginning of AG, although that was because it was hurt from the magnet from the last Johto episode.

Brinstar

you suffer
Ash and Hikari don't get along?

Why am I getting flashbacks of Misty now?

It's like the writers are turning Hikari into a mix of the previous two girls.

So if Ash got along with Hikari, would she be an even further May clone to you? I mean they're either going to get along or not, and to be honest you're being totally unfair to the series to begin with.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So if Ash got along with Hikari, would she be an even further May clone to you? I mean they're either going to get along or not, and to be honest you're being totally unfair to the series to begin with.

Wha? I want Hikari to be her own character and have as little in common with the previous two girls as possible.

Hikari being headstrong is a good start, but I can see her realizing that learning from Ash is a good thing if/when she loses her first battle.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
About the rival, I wonder what his personality will be like. I hope this new rival argues a lot with Ash and even teams up with Team Rock/or Galxey. This should be fun with Hikari arguing with Ash too, Ash will probaly have a nervous break down with with all this happing LOL.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
What's odd is that Takeshi is completely absent from that scan. Usually when advertising a new show's cast, they show all the main characters and the blurbs about them. It's just very weird that they just omit Takeshi like that.

Is he just...so unimportant that the magazine doesn't care to mention him at all? Is he just not going to be there for the entire series, thus he's not mentioned? Were the writers of the articles not informed of his return?

Anyway, Shinji looks so cool. Just his name makes me giggle (due to the protagonist of Evangelion having the same name). He would make an awesome addition to the main team (even though the chances of this are declining). There's just a great chance for character development and him having some awesome battling moments.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
So Shinji will be Ash's rival. I know a few people including myself have been saying that ever since we saw brock on the poster. Its good to see Ash start out with a rival, that hasnt happened in the longest.

Hikari and Ash not getting along is excellent. The start of D/P is looking to be very good.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What's odd is that Takeshi is completely absent from that scan. Usually when advertising a new show's cast, they show all the main characters and the blurbs about them. It's just very weird that they just omit Takeshi like that.

Is he just...so unimportant that the magazine doesn't care to mention him at all? Is he just not going to be there for the entire series, thus he's not mentioned? Were the writers of the articles not informed of his return?

That's a good thing. The less Brock in the new series the better.

Let Ash and Hikari have a bunch of episodes alone, Ash and May only got two alone together.

Locker

Banned

Let Ash and Hikari have a bunch of episodes alone, Ash and May only got two alone together.
r u gonna keep comparing? Whats the fun in that?

Brinstar

you suffer
Wha? I want Hikari to be her own character and have as little in common with the previous two girls as possible.

Hikari being headstrong is a good start, but I can see her realizing that learning from Ash is a good thing if/when she loses her first battle.

I want her to be her own character too, but the point I was trying to make was her not getting along with Ash at first is a weak connection to Misty at most.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yay writers, give me more reasons to despise Aipom more than i already do, first it's annoying and useless, then cheats Ash out of getting Hikozaru, and now it seems that Ash isn't going to have a balanced line up(one of the few things i liked about the Hoenn saga) thanks to that stupid monkey. I hope that thing gets injured and has to go back to the lab, or gets released as it being captured was stupid to begin with.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash almost has a full team already by D/P #5:

Pikachu, Aipom, Flyer, Naetle.

That means he'll only catch two more Pokemon throughout the rest of D/P.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!

Hmm that would be intresting if they had a couple of episodes alone together, seems like they'll be fighting a lot so Brock will have to keep them apart or some thing LOL. Man I can't wait for the show to startXD

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Yeah it would be nice to see him capture more then just 4 new pokemon. They can switch around easily.

Jiggy37

Pearl Trader
Ash definitely gets Mukkuru, as the first sentence of the summary for "Get Naetoru!" states that he pops TR's balloon with it.
Hoorah. -_-;
Of course, I suppose I could be optimistic and say "Hey, maybe it'll learn Brave Bird and they'll have to demonstrate the recoil mechanic," but then I think of the treatment Aerial Ace got and realize it's not happening.

Argh. I totally wouldn't have minded him getting another Water, Grass, and Fire Pokemon, but another Normal/Flying is the one thing I couldn't stand the thought of. It could have at least been Flying/something else, particularly since Aipom is filling the Normal role just fine. They should have given Hikari the Mukkuru or something.

Oh well. Not like I'll stop watching, and maybe, to compensate, Ash won't get a Water or Fire Pokemon this time around. Could be compelling.

Locker

Banned
Yeah it would be nice to see him capture more then just 4 new pokemon. They can switch around easily.
and catch new pokemon that are not copys of his old pokemon

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
and catch new pokemon that are not copys of his old pokemon
Yes I agree. I've said a few times before that I want Ash to get the types he hasnt had before. Like, Psychic, Ghost, Steel, Fighting, Dark, or some combinations like Steel/Fighting.
That very well may not happen though, the writers love to give the usual fire,water,grass, and flyer.
That turned out good in AG though, Swellow became an awesome flyer and battler. Treeko, Corphish and Torkoal were excellent. Torkoal didnt get much spotlight or anything but when it did it was great. Sceptile and Corphish speak for themselves, pretty much everybody likes them. So I can see his pokemon having interesting personalities like the rest of his pokemon.

Cena_#1

100% stratusfaction
well if he is new ash rival what will gary play at this saga should ash have a 2 rivals at the same time