• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Scan with new information about the New Guy

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Someone translate this please

my.php

________
2SEXYLUSTYGALS

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Alright, I'm offically confused. Is Brock coming back or is this new guy showing up?

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
It looks as though whatever Nugai's role is, it's related to Ash, at any rate. I'm still betting that he's Ash's new rival.

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
If he's the rival, why didn't they show Brock anyways in the CoroCoro scan? I don't know anymore, this is too confusing for me.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Well, from what I can figure out with my limited japanese skillz, his name is Shinji....Take that with a grain of salt though.

In any case, this new image of 'Shinji' is fuggin' creepy. For gosh sakes, he's got an adult's head with a childs body :/
The way the poster displays the characters really doesn't scream 'He's a rival!' to me at all, especially since they're blatantly pairing him up with Hikozaru.

Maybe the Brock on the official TV Tokyo site is a red herring? :/
Or perhaps Brock is the 'Max' of this region, and isn't deemed as important as the 3 other characters?

Last edited:

Pitchi

XIII
Yeah. It is written that that New Guy is a new rival. Shinji is his name. It seems that he will show up in episode 3, which airs on next week. It is written that Shinji challenges Ash for a battle.. So he may be Ash`s rival I guess.

Kuroshi

I am unsure about the idea of him (Shinji) being Ash's new rival. As Gravy said, they don't usually display rivals in with the main cast like that. It really looks like he will travel with them, perhaps he is more connected with the Diaruga/Parukia part of the story...

AcethePuma

FireFist
but.... will there be 2 hikozaru??? because if brock is still in the show and the new one is a rival and both are showen with that fire ape??

Locker

Banned
Brock should b on this too, if hes in the new season...

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Aha! I thought he'd be the ep 3 rival.

Shinji, huh? Why do all the main rivals have names beginning with Sh? o_O Eh, it's not a bad name, though.

Guess Ash is getting two main opponents this season... I wonder if this is a result of the popularity of the May/Drew/Harley dynamic? The Battle Frontier is the first season where a main character's had two rivals right from the start of the region.

Last edited:

JONNO.FRESH

Crap. So is he getting Hikozaru? I hope so as it'll be better then it rotting away with Brock. I hope he has decent pokemon

Kuroshi

According to another site *coughsPMcoughs* His name is Shinzo, and he is Satoshi's new rival.

Locker

Banned
well whatever it may be im fine with it, though i can't shake the felling were getting mixed messeges...

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
"Shinzo"? Sounds like a super villain. Or a magician, maybe. Hikari must get her tux from him! :p

Locker

Banned
"Shinzo"? Sounds like a super villain. Or a magician, maybe. Hikari must get her tux from him! :p
speaking of Hikari does she like playing dress up or what?

taitofan

Stalker!
The katakana for his name clearly reads Shinji, not Shinzo. =/ That site mixed it up. And "Raibaru" does have a question mark, so who knows.