• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Signature Policies

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I have a question...

Medium sig infraction: "This lasts for 90 days and is worth 5 points"

Does that mean I'm not allowed to have a sig for 90 days (editing the infraction message in the signature), or that until the 90 days limit has expired the 5 infraction points will go away? Or both?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
No. it means the infraction of 5 points "wears off" and won't be active anymore. you are still allowed to edit your own signature, but in accordance to the rules so that this doesn't happen again.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
That was a cluttered explaination though...

The strike system works as it always have. 1 strike, 2 strike 3 strike etc. But instead of the User Notes, you now get an actual infraction for it, as explained before. These works like any other infractions, just like the signature strike system remains the same. It is like Ellie said earlier, it is just the punishment that change, the rest remain the same.

You are allowed to remove the message we give when removing a signature. that is just our way of dealing with the rule violation in question.
These messages aren't necessary anymore either, as the infraction in itself is notification enough

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Im pretty sure that the rules are the same normally for sig for serebii just now that everything will be going by the infraction system now which is the new part right? also so the notes will be no more if i am correct?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Im pretty sure that the rules are the same normally for sig for serebii just now that everything will be going by the infraction system now which is the new part right? also so the notes will be no more if i am correct?
That is correct.

Illusione-Tempus

So basically that one signature strike that I have from back at my early days at 2008 is no longer valid? Well, that's quite a relieve.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Greetings. I have a question: if the users are not sure if their sigs are compliant to the new rules, is there a thread where we can get our sigs checked?