• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Sprite Discussion

Xx Flare xX

I think alot of the new sprites look really good :) but I prefer some of the originals (And I think some of the pokemon should have the sprites from the earlier games... Chikorita looked cute in Emerald)

Is there a way that you can get Diamond/Pearl sprites into Platinum?
BRING BACK BOWLING PIN BUIZEL!

SaulGCube

Aeroga
Is there a way that you can get Diamond/Pearl sprites into Platinum?
BRING BACK BOWLING PIN BUIZEL!

No it isnt possible lol
Like i said before alot look great such as darkrai,empoleon and many more.I still wish they fixed some backsprites though such as regigigas.

i would have to agree with the back sprite statement.
i mean, some pokemon who only show their neck and head look really bad (tropius) then there's the ones who just don't show enough (regigigas, lairon)

eonmaster_457

What have they done to Gallade? Why is he shielding, he is a BLADE pokemon. Grrrr.

Sometimes, the best offense is defense.
I mean, sure you're a super blade Pokemon, but what will you do if your attacks can't damage your foes? Obviously retreat, right?

Well since Gallade is such a knight, and has pride, it'll just shield first.

^Poor attempt at reasoning.

475.png

Or maybe, it's just trying to pose before attacking. You know, to look cool and all.

What have they done to Gallade? Why is he shielding, he is a BLADE pokemon. Grrrr.

Maybe he is either shielding, or getting ready to say "huzzah" like a knight of old.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I loved the new platinum sprites, especially of Pikachu, Darkrai, Staraptor and Carnivine.

yeah, they keep their old sprites in contests...most of them just work so much better with the accessories (a LOT of pokemon got smaller from the transition)

and i forgot all about the moving trainer sprites, they're a great idea! though in action they're very simplistic...but i still love them.

Grei

not the color
Another note: Porygon2 looks like a little rubber duck in it's Platinum sprite. More so, at least.

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
The Platinum sprites look fine to me. I like the ones on the eeveelutions, but I wish Raichu's looked a bit more tough instead of cuddly.

My Favourite is Giratina Origin Form. I Think that most of the new sprites are great but they should make some of the national dex Pokmon have new and improved Sprites to.

firelovindocker

well the majority of sprites are better but some are way worse

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Lucario's ew sprite seems to be a bit more livelier, although the DP sprite looks neater.

i am in love with yanmega's new sprite...it's just so cool looking...now if only it had a stinger...

Last edited by a moderator: