• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Sprite Discussion

defno

Wow yanmega's sprite does look pretty darn ripe. :eek:
(if they haven't) They should have done something like that to beedrill's a long time ago

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
The Rules said:
Foul language here is anything that you can’t say for television programs meant for general audiences (in USA ratings, PG). This basically consists of cuss words, profanity, and racial remarks. Also do not use foul language in any form (censored or in some “alternative” spelling) in your signature, location, or user title since this will be seen in every post.

I figured the thing about not using foul language in any form also goes for the posts. It should, anyways.

There's actually only ONE sprite that I haven't gotten used to yet. Floatzel. It's just so... so Floatzelishly.

Grei

not the color
Probably because Floatzel seriously...is not good. He shouldn't want to give you a bear hug. He's an otter and/or a weasel. Not a bear. Bear =/= Otter/Weasel.

Sapphire Milotic

A lot of the Pokemon sprites are much better than they had been in Diamond and Pearl. :]

Magmortar's sprite looks pretty cool. It looks like its going to fire at you.
i also like Garchomps.
Hippowdon looks horrible

SilverMorty

Easily one of the best ones is the Roserade sprite, sooo much better than DP :)

Houndour looks so thin now compared to older sprites xD

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
A lot of the Pokemon sprites are much better than they had been in Diamond and Pearl. :]

Agreed.

Most of the sprites got better in Platinum. The only ones I don't like much are Hippowdon, Snover and Vespiquen but eventually, they will "grow in me".

In general, the sprites of evolutions of older pokémon like: Yanmega, Electivire etc. are awesome.

Grovyle246

Veteran trainer
I just noticed something about the platinum sprites,

most of the sprites are like looking at us for real, I mean, if you see the palkia sprite in pearl/diamond, it looks like it's showing the side body only, but in platinum, they show at least a part of their body. It's even better than I thought...

P.S : The chimchar evos sprites pwn :3, even yet, monferno's sprite is very funny looking

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
It seems that I forgot to address one of the sprites previously in the thread. The Absol sprite is great, but there's one major flaw -- the forelegs. They just seem to "flowing" or "rubbery" than legs should. They look a bit bent, to be honest.

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
I just didn't like the Electivire and others like Roselia and Buizel. All the others a either Great or Awsome xD

AncientMew

Training since 1998
Gible is bloody scary :s

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I love the Buizel sprite! It is really cute!

SilverMorty

I just noticed something about the platinum sprites,

most of the sprites are like looking at us for real, I mean, if you see the palkia sprite in pearl/diamond, it looks like it's showing the side body only, but in platinum, they show at least a part of their body. It's even better than I thought...

P.S : The chimchar evos sprites pwn :3, even yet, monferno's sprite is very funny looking

I noticed that usually in each generation, the pokes that debut in those generations are usually in a generic pose. Only after the next generation (or the next game, as is Pt's case) will they actually have a more experimental/not-so-"standard" pose

example: zigzagoon, poochyena, beautifly, treecko, mudkip, torchic, blaziken, etc.- they just stand there back in R/S

now though there's more character

Haxon22

iJerk
I personnaly dislike the electrive Sprite but other than that, the rest are awesome