• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Sprite Discussion

Milotic, Garchomp, Cresselia, Darkrai, Lucario, Shaymin, Magmortar all have better sprites. Magmortar is like " Gtfo my turf"

the_showstopper

lover of Glaceons
They screwed up pretty much every new sprite I've seen so far. However, Jolteon really takes the cake when it comes to looking retarded in Platinum. Only reason I got him up is because he looked so awesome in D/P >.<

weavile33

< - Pure awesome!
I think Cranidos and rampados look so much better in platinum! I can't really complain about any sprite except for a selective few. Buizel is one of these, it looks shrunk!

I think Cranidos and rampados look so much better in platinum! I can't really complain about any sprite except for a selective few. Buizel is one of these, it looks shrunk!

well, buizel is a small pokemon... and it was almost the size of electivire in its old sprite. so i think it's a good change.

as for the cranidos line...i agree fully. though for some reason a lot of people don't.

Grei

not the color
well, buizel is a small pokemon... and it was almost the size of electivire in its old sprite. so i think it's a good change.

as for the cranidos line...i agree fully. though for some reason a lot of people don't.

I agree that Rampardos looks better. Cranidos's head looks dented in. D:

Again I must bring up Shellos and Gastrodon. Yeah, that's great, they have mouths, but why must that be the first-frame sprite? Why couldn't the animation for the thing have it's mouth open then close? Why must it be perpetually open? D: D: D:

Well, I think that overall, the designers did a good job with the sprites. Weavile and Darkrai seem to be some of the best improvements. Some sprites, though (not many) seem to have lost their quality, such as Munchlax, Snover, and Rhydon (I just don't like Rhydon's new sprite -_-).

Well, I think that overall, the designers did a good job with the sprites. Weavile and Darkrai seem to be some of the best improvements. Some sprites, though (not many) seem to have lost their quality, such as Munchlax, Snover, and Rhydon (I just don't like Rhydon's new sprite -_-).

Rhydon's "new" sprite is the second frame Diamond and Pearl sprite.

Speaking of second frame sprites, would anyone else prefered Rhyperior's second frame sprite as his first sprite?

[IMG139]http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/pokepics/new/0464Front_m.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:
Rhydon's "new" sprite is the second frame Diamond and Pearl sprite.

Speaking of second frame sprites, would anyone else prefered Rhyperior's second frame sprite as his first sprite?

[IMG139]http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/pokepics/new/0464Front_m.png[/IMG139]

i know i would...the first frame reminds me of one of those step pedal garbage cans

i kinda wanna throw stuff into it. ^.^

I think a couple of sprites for Platinum need to be changed. Take Piplup, it looks completely messed up. I also think they shouldn't have messed with Rotom and given it alternate forms. XP

I think a couple of sprites for Platinum need to be changed. Take Piplup, it looks completely messed up. I also think they shouldn't have messed with Rotom and given it alternate forms. XP

I would kinda have to disagree with you, Piplup mostly looks the same, just that now its LOOKING at its enemy...

Also, the Rotom's forms are awesome! It greatly help Rotom for battles.

Grei

not the color
Why didn't they design new sprites to all the pokemon? I wish they gave Salamence a new pose.

I've been told that programming new sprites is not a terribly big project, but they probably figured it'd be a waste of time giving new sprites to every Pokemon for just a remake.

I've been told that programming new sprites is not a terribly big project, but they probably figured it'd be a waste of time giving new sprites to every Pokemon for just a remake.

How lazy, The new spirits is what i always look forward to in a remake >:\