• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Sprite Discussion

Acid Ranger Goukii

is watching you
heatran, rhyperior and electrivire all look constipated to me >.>
arceus looks like a pony
absol was better before
lucario and garchomp look awesome though

buneary dude

I like most of them. I just don't like how some were barely changed at all. Like Hippopotas. They just used the same legs at a different angle. Wahh, cool.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
I love most of them. However, I HATE some of them. I cannot take Floatzel seriously anymore...

Pax O'Brien

I Has a Pink Party!
- Everytime a new game comes out I always have to see what the eeveelutions look like. I love them all in Platinum.
- Pikachu FINALLY looks like it does in the anime.
- I really like the angles Vespiquen and Rhyhorn are in.
- I absolutely HATE Budew and Roselia's sprites. But Roserade's is spectacular, so it kind of makes up for them.
- It looks like somebody sat on Misdreavus.
- I want to hug Lickitung.

Machiki

Machiki In Teh House
I think Infernape's one is cool. Also Garchomp (avatar)

ROFLMFAO @ Arceus's sprite, he doesn't look like a GOD at all

spareux

maldición
I like all the forward-facing type ones, like Darkrai and Electivire.

mrhiyuck

curious
Pikachu's is epic. Going on a solo game with him.

Munchlax is like a emoticon now. Yes. About as useful as it will ever be: comic relief.

yeah, pikachu's is very good. finally makes it cute and more like in the show.

i like the eeveelutions especially leafeon's.

Perfect Sphere

I like Lucario's new sprite.

448-m.png
448-m.png

But if you look closely you can see that his knee is bent in the "wrong" place. In the D/P sprite it's bent at his blue "pants" line and in the new one it's bent in the black part. So maybe Lucario is double jointed?

well lucario is somewhat double jointed in brawl so i would assume the same would apply for D/P/Pt

and i agree, the lucario sprite is pretty cool.

Grei

not the color
I like Lucario's new sprite.

448-m.png
448-m.png

But if you look closely you can see that his knee is bent in the "wrong" place. In the D/P sprite it's bent at his blue "pants" line and in the new one it's bent in the black part. So maybe Lucario is double jointed?

When you wear shorts, does the knee become visible at a slight bend of the joint, or does it become visible at an acute bend? Lucario's knee is visible because it's bent at more of an angle than in D/P.

EDIT: Although, the angle makes it look like Lucario's "pant legs" are uneven...:/

Last edited:
i don't think it makes them look uneven...i mean one's level (the bent leg) so you're gonna naturally see less of it right?

m190049

Local psychopath
Lets look at Brawl for a better example!! =D

hidden06.jpg

Hm... Knees look just barely out of the shorts.

hidden06_080228g.jpg

.... I guess his knees can slide in and out?
I dunno. I'm clueless.

no, i think he has 2 knees.

notice, on the one where he's standing...he has the human-like knee then the same kind of joint as the back leg of a dog.