• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Sprite Discussion

Darkness 2.0

...........?
The new sprites are great.
The legendaries in their Pt sprite shows their power or their kindness, but some of the other ones are cool too.
Empoleon's new sprite is great (tip: try to beat Cynthia again w/ Empoleon at the top of your team; it must be a match: Empoleon vs Spiritomb at start and look closely when it shows you and your team, you won't regret it).
Floatzel is wanting a hug or a punch on it's belly?
Chimchar, Monferno and Infernape are showing that they can be stuntmen (look at the Dex and start by Chimchar to Infernape).
Jolteon's D/P sprite was better.
Also ,backsprites' 2nd poses are fun,especially Dusknoir's.

buizel sprite is awsome = ] it wasnt as good on diamond and pearl

O yes i almost forgot the riachu front sprite is nice but the back sprite (in battle on ur team) looks terrible

On the whole, I think they look much more dynamic and fun. I was sad to see Chatot was given a squinting eye though, he was so cute in Diamond and Pearl... :(

EspeonMaster

The Legend Of Dawn
The new spirits are great.I love the new and improved Espeon!

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
I like the new sprites.

The Chimchar lines are really cool.
Duskull is awesome!
Giratina (Altered) is amazing.
Darkrai is amazing.

The only one that really disapointed me is Milotic. :/ It is really cool in DP, but Plat ruined it.

abyssblue

I liked a lot of the new sprites. As someone already said, they look more lively. However, I just didn't like the sprites of Quagsire and Octillery. The rendering is not as great as before. Looks dark and dull. :)

I'm pretty fine with all of them, to be honest, although frankly I don't pay that much attention to those new sprites. I did notice and like some of them though, like Darkrai. Oh, I also really liked the new trainer sprites and animations, as well as the mugshots.

Last edited:

diddykong

Uber Gamer
I'm fairly OK with them. It's inevitable that there's going to be some fail sprites, but some of them (Lucario, Garchomp, Infernape) are plain awesome. At least it gives spriters more resource to work with!

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
I like them. Some sprites from Platinum look better, but there are lots of sprites like Tentacruel, Magmar, Carnivine and Snover who look better in the DP sprites. But some sprites like Rypherior, Magmortar and Gliscor look better than before.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Infernape looks badass in his new pose. So does Empoleon.

Torterra looks a bit, well, disobeying the laws of physics.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I dislike Skuntank's new pose, coupled with the fact that his cry sounds like a disgusting wet fart.

Snorlax's is okay, but I have yet to get used to it.

I don't like Weavile, the angle is bad.

Scizor's sprite is okay, but I prefer him in his DPPt colors.

Shellos' and Gastrodons are funny.

prinpoleon12

Pokemon Black ftw
I really like Empoleon's becuse in D/P it looked so boring. Now it's arm is out. I suppose it is an improvement.
I am grossed out that Skunktank looks as if it's farting. Though, it pretty much is. . .
I'm dearly dissapointed to see that Staraptor changed for the worse. I think Staraptor looked much better in D/P though.
I love the Pikachu waving out of the poke ball! Pikachu rocks! :025n172:

SuperTyranitar

All of them are awful except:
Garchomp
Drifblim
Kadabra
Infernape
Jolteon
Flareon
Empoleon

Compared to diamond and pearl the worst are
1º Snorlax (it was so cute)
2º Octillery and Scizor (what happend to that red?)
3º Gengar (it was more scary)
4º Picachu (mainly because of the animation)
5º Vaporeon (it was awesome in pearl)
6º Hippowdon (?)
7º Rhyperior (need i say something?)
8º Floatzel (lost all its coolness)
9º Aipom (just looking at it... compared to the first games)
10º Rhydon.

Last edited:
Rhydon's revamp looks awful.

I don't think Palkia's revamp was that good, either.