• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New SS Johto Team - Ingame

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Meganium
Bold

Lanturn
Modest or Timid
Volt Absorb

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic

Houndoom
Modest/Timid/Rash
Flash Fire

Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
??? - No Hidden Power please I wont bother reading

Skarmory
???
Which ever Ability

???
???
???
???

Ursaring
Jolly
Guts

Crunch
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Headbutt

Heracross
Adamant
Guts

Megahorn
Close Combat
Aerial Ace
Night Slash

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Meganium
Bold
Energy Ball
Substitute
Leech Seed
Ancientpower/Hidden Power [Ground/Fire/Dragon]

Lanturn
Modest or Timid
Volt Absorb

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic

fine

Houndoom
Modest/Timid
Flash Fire

Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Will-o-Wisp

Skarmory
Brave
Keen Eye

Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Night Slash
Curse

Ursaring
Jolly
Guts

Crunch
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Return

Heracross
Adamant
Guts

Megahorn
Close Combat
Aerial Ace
Night Slash

fine

comments in bold.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
comments in bold.

Thanks for the input but can you alter Meganiums I cant use Ancientpower or Leech Seed they are breeding moves and cant use either move as it is my Starter.

Apologises for not mentioning it sooner but thanks for the Houndoom and Skarmory movesets

jab2033

I'll see what I can do.

Meganium
-Energy Ball
-Synthesis
-Toxic/Light Screen/Aromatherapy
-Body Slam/Reflect/Earthquake

You've got a few options for the last two slots. Since you can't/don't want to breed, I've only used Level up moves and TMs. Toxic and Body Slam can spread status. Light Screen and Reflect can help you survive longer, Aromatherapy heals your entire party, and Earthquake is just a good power move.

I like Lanturn's set, although consider Thunder Wave in place of Toxic, since I included Toxic as one of Meganium's moves.

Skarmory
-Brave Bird
-Steel Wing
-Night Slash
-Roost

Brave Bird is better than Drill Peck on Skarmory, especially with Roost healing Brave Bird's recoil.

Consider adding Ice Punch and Thunderpunch on Ursaring, as they give better Super-Effective coverage than Crunch and Return

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'll see what I can do.

Meganium
-Energy Ball
-Synthesis
-Toxic/Light Screen/Aromatherapy
-Body Slam/Reflect/Earthquake

that Meganium is Bold, so physical move is a no.

Consider adding Ice Punch and Thunderpunch on Ursaring, as they give better Super-Effective coverage than Crunch and Return

Return is its STAB, though. If anything, the one that should be replaced is only Crunch for Ice Punch.
That Ursaring has EQ, and Ice + Ground also has a decent coverage. Add Fire into the mix, and it can take out anything, there's nothing that resist the Fire + Ice + Ground combo.

Levitating Fire-Type do, but there's only 1 (Heat Rotom) and it's in 5th Gen, not 4th Gen. And since it loses its Ghost type, that Rotom can be defeated with Return.
Wash Rotom in 5th Gen also perfectly stops the combo, however, it also loses its Ghost type, which again leads us to being able to use Return to defeat it.