• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Starter Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
A physical type trio is Flying/Rock/Fighting. Can't believe no one's thought of it. Make a duo so the weaknesses go both ways.

Grass/Flying, Fire/Fighting, Water/Rock.

*coughmyfakedexcough* I used Grass/Fighting, Fire/Rock, and Water/Flying, being as Fire/Fighting is way overused.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Your idea just says "Put eevee as a starter pokemon"

Yeah... And your point is..? XD
I suppose they kind of did that with Gary's starter in Yellow... Which would make the idea not THAT far-fetched. Really, I didn't mean Eevee specifically. I meant make a new pokemon similar to Eevee/Tyrogue/Wurple and make that the starter. Just an idea. =)

It won't change people said it was going to in DP but it didn't so that proves it won't happen.
Um.. How does that prove anything? o.0
Just because they didn't do something this generation doesn't necessarily mean that they won't next gen. Yeah, they probably won't, but this doesn't really PROVE it.
I mean, I thought that there was going to be a clearly defined night/day feature in 3rd gen. like there was in 2nd, but there wasn't, so...

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
I'd like to see
Fire>Fire>Fire/Poison
Water>Water>Water/Psychic
Grass>Grass/Rock>Grass/Rock

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
The main reason why its always fire, water, and grass is because its a perfect balance. They are each strong and weak against something and there is no pokemon that are immune to these moves (not counting abilities)

Chimchar15

Normal/Flying is "pure flying". They'd have the first form Normal/Flying, and the final form would gain a secondary type and drop normal type.

No it's not, that like saying Normal Water or Normal Psychic are pure as well. Normal is it's own type not just no type. So it counts as dual type.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No it's not, that like saying Normal Water or Normal Psychic are pure as well. Normal is it's own type not just no type. So it counts as dual type.

I didn't mean literally. I meant Normal/Flying is equivalent to pure Flying.

Water/Fight, Grass/Rock, Fire/Fly then!

That sounds better.

I'd like to see
Fire>Fire>Fire/Poison
Water>Water>Water/Psychic
Grass>Grass/Rock>Grass/Rock

That's kind of a random combination. Were you planning on making a double trio? Because if so, you failed horribly.

Last edited:

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
*coughmyfakedexcough* I used Grass/Fighting, Fire/Rock, and Water/Flying, being as Fire/Fighting is way overused.

The reason I chose what I did was because if it was Grass/Rock, then the Fire strength would cancel out, and both the Grass and Water starters would be good against the Fire one... Although that's how it works for Sinnoh as well. >_>

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
4x weakness and it totally gets killed? Some of the most overused Pokemon have 4x weaknesses. If the Pokemon have good enough stats and a large moveset, it'd do well. Don't let first impressions fool you.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
4x weakness and it totally gets killed? Some of the most overused Pokemon have 4x weaknesses. If the Pokemon have good enough stats and a large moveset, it'd do well. Don't let first impressions fool you.

I was talking about how the Fire's final evo is weak to both of the other final evos.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Oh...They're not supposed to be in a set. It's just what I'd like to see.

Edit:
@above: Greek-myth monster that's pretty well-known...and sexy xP

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Status
Not open for further replies.