• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Starter Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I like to just keep the starters types just as they are.But,having dual types like Grass-Fighting,Fire-Steel,and Water-Posion would be nice.

Pretty much every final form starter is dual type. And I wouldn't really want a part-Poison starter. Poison is one of the most useless types, second only to bug.

Chimchar15

Poison and bug types are awesome. I think it's just on how they're used. I believe they're are no bad types, but you have a right to your own opinion.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Poison and bug types are awesome. I think it's just on how they're used. I believe they're are no bad types, but you have a right to your own opinion.

How are they really awesome? Poison types are only good against grass and the only good attacks are Toxic and Toxic Spikes. Bug types are good against a few types (although all of those types have more popular weaknesses) and generally have weaker stats.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
No, I don't think they should change the Fire/Water/Grass combination. I do think the Pokemon games are due for an update, but I'd rather not see something that's been a major part of almost every game from the beginning go. As somebody said waaay above me, why fix what isn't broken?

Coach

Speculator
While I do think they should change the starter types, I'd also like to see some new type combinations. They used Fire/Fighting two generations in a row, that's what kept me from choosing Chimchar at all. If they stick with the Fire/Water/Grass trio I'd at least like to see some original type combos.

Chimchar15

While I do think they should change the starter types, I'd also like to see some new type combinations. They used Fire/Fighting two generations in a row, that's what kept me from choosing Chimchar at all. If they stick with the Fire/Water/Grass trio I'd at least like to see some original type combos.

Although Chimchar is a fav fire starter, I would like to see more combos like fire/dragon or fire/psychic.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There was speculation about this right before DP was released. I even remember some of the fanart that was posted around showing Psychic/Dark/Fighting starter Pokemon (it's on the main site still).

Anyway, no, they'll probably keep the standard Grass/Fire/Water pattern. Why change a good thing?

Last edited:

Eterna

I like the water fire grass thing.

What I would really like is better designs for the next starters, they all look so silly.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Ah...

I love the smell of dead horse in the morning.

EDIT: Wait it's not morning yet.

*slumps in shame*

yee

after lots of brainless pondering on nothing i realized there actually is a trio with the same synergy as water/fire/grass.. fire/rock/steel. water/fire/grass was the best though and that was already overkill to make a 4th generation of them. its hard to tell if there will be a 5th gen, maybe there will be something other than a "starter" that you start out with. theres already way too many in my opinion though and they have made the final slot "god".

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I would not like to have any change in the starter trio. :) They are the best trio and moreover, it is the tradition that's followed. Grass, Fire and Water basic Pokemon's are much easier to handle than the others. ;)

Well I agree that this is the best trio but they could change it a bit if they want to another types. because Grass pokemon for example can learn Poison moves, so they could change the starter to a Normal instead.

BlazeShadow

How are they really awesome? Poison types are only good against grass and the only good attacks are Toxic and Toxic Spikes. Bug types are good against a few types (although all of those types have more popular weaknesses) and generally have weaker stats.
Gengar is part poison, and as we all know Gengar is awesome, Poison HAS to be awesome!

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
the fire/grass/water triangle has been there so long that they cant change it now.but if they did electric/ground/ice might work

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^Technically, it won't because Ground in immune to electric (instead of resisting it), electric and ice are neutral to each other and even ice is neutral to ground. Bad combo.

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
electric > ice
ice > ground
ground > electric

Status
Not open for further replies.