• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Gahlo_Wake said:
no, then we end up with a jolteon that knows
Calmmind
Tbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic/Surf/flamethrower/etc.
This is the best example here!!!!

BTW, I see the stones coming back, but I´m preety sure that they don´t have an appearence in D/P.
I would like to see something like star stone, or even the meteorite (that we give to someone in R/S/E) as an evolution item.
I don´t know which pokemon should star stone evolve, but meteorite should evolve rock pokemon

I think new stones would be a good idea. Probably won't happen but a fun thought. Stones for every type would be going over board, but some stones like a Steel Stone or an Ice Stone would work wonders. Maybe a Granite Stone for Rock types Shuckle who deserve an evolution. A Ghost type stone would be awsome, but only because I'm a ghost type user. :D

T

toi ketsu

I don't know if someone has say this already but I think it will be better to evolv eevee to a umbreon with a moon stone aan espeon with a sun stone. that means that moon stone is dark.

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
toi ketsu said:
I don't know if someone has say this already but I think it will be better to evolv eevee to a umbreon with a moon stone aan espeon with a sun stone. that means that moon stone is dark.
That didn't work out for two reasons
1. The moon stone has been available since the 1st gen, and Umbreon is a second gen poke, so it wouldn't have worked. Even at that, lets say Eevee evolved into Umbreon via moon stone in RBY, then it wouldn't make sense to intro one more eeveelution the following gen with the Sun Stone IMO :-/

2.Gamefreak decided not to evolve Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon via Moon/Sun Stone b/c they wanted them to help introduce friendly/happiness evolution, and to add a cool addition to the new day/night feature since they evolve depending on the time of day in GSC as well.

Anyways, the only new stone I'd like to see is the Ice Stone
Rock and Steel stone just isn't sensible IMO :-/

Last edited:

-Koumori-

Tyranitar-Rex said:
That didn't work out for two reasons
1. The moon stone has been available since the 1st gen, and Umbreon is a second gen poke, so it wouldn't have worked. Even at that, lets say Eevee evolved into Umbreon via moon stone in RBY, then it wouldn't make sense to intro one more eeveelution the following gen with the Sun Stone IMO :-/

2.Gamefreak decided not to evolve Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon via Moon/Sun Stone b/c they wanted them to help introduce friendly/happiness evolution, and to add a cool addition to the new day/night feature since they evolve depending on the time of day in GSC as well.

Anyways, the only new stone I'd like to see is the Ice Stone
Rock and Steel stone just isn't sensible IMO :-/
In reference to Umbreon and Espion, they did give them a new way to evolve in XD, though I'm not sure if they would carry that item over to D/P. It would make it much simpler if they aren't going to use the Day/Night system again.

An Ice stone I wouldn't mind, but a rock is basically the same thing as a stone when you're not talking about gems. And they already have a Steel Coat, so a 'Steel Stone' doesn't make much sense, really. I would suggest that they turn the Hard Stone into an evolution item/hold item like they did with the Steel Coat, but since it wasn't like that in previous games, it wouldn't make sense, either.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
I'm still waiting for Solareon with the Sun Stone. Sounds like a good idea to me. I even have a moveset down for it.

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
Clockworkz said:
I'm still waiting for Solareon with the Sun Stone. Sounds like a good idea to me. I even have a moveset down for it.
If there was an evo for eevee viam sun stone, it would've been possible in GSC, since that is when the sun stone was 1st introduced.

Exel 4.0

Banned
if thers a psychic and dark stone, then there has to be a ghost stone. Darks, psychics, and ghosts are very... similar

I

ilovchansey

Exel 4.0 said:
if thers a psychic and dark stone, then there has to be a ghost stone. Darks, psychics, and ghosts are very... similar
Stones
Ghosts=Fog stone
Dark=Shadey stone
Psychic=Psi stone
Ice=Froze stone
Flying=Feather stone
Steel=Metalic stone
Poison=Toxic stone
Ground=Earth stone
Rock=Peble stone
Fighting=Physical stone??????
These are ideas.Dont go...O they would of thought of that.
If you want to say that g to someone who like muchlax and manene and say...They would have thought of those.They evolve ino a 1st gen pokemon.

-Koumori-

Clockworkz said:
I can see that being the exact same thing as Flareon. Solar energy = heat, fire is hot, the list goes on. There's no point to making that, including the reason that Tyranitar-Rex already posted.

CRasH-12 said:
What i was thinking of was a shiney stone. Like after you catch Rukario and you use your item finder you would find a stone to make one pokemon shiney and you cant trade the stone and theres only one in each game.
that would be stupid people would be going around with shiny mews,celebis,and all the other legndaries shineys would lose all value
on the other hand how about a psystone and you should be able to buy stones like in r/b/y

-Koumori-

El3mentry said:
that would be stupid people would be going around with shiny mews,celebis,and all the other legndaries shineys would lose all value
on the other hand how about a psystone and you should be able to buy stones like in r/b/y
I'm with you on everything except a Psy-Stone. I think they should make a variety of evolutionary items that...aren't necessarily stones.

Electabuzz

Normal Coordinator
The only stones I could see that could work would be an Ice Stone, and a Toxic Stone. I'd also really like to see the old stones in use more, specifically the Fire and Thunder stones.

T

TOY MACHINE

ilovchansey said:
Stones
Ghosts=Fog stone Dark
Psychic=Psi stone
Ice=Froze stone
Flying=Feather stone
Steel=Metalic stone metalic stone no mela coat is fine
Poison=Toxic stone
Ground=Earth stone
Rock=Peble stone hahaha pebble stone a pebble is a stone
Fighting=Physical stone?????? ???????
These are ideas.Dont go...O they would of thought of that.
If you want to say that g to someone who like muchlax and manene and say...They would have thought of those.They evolve ino a 1st gen pokemon.

lol man this kids no bright(even though i know who he is) hes still well special

Volteon

Back I guess??
I think that no one saw my post, the meteorite as an evolving item for the new fossil pokemon (that are rock) it´s an old item, but no pokemon evolves with it.

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
imo, more evolution stones=no.

Eszett

one love
Indeed, there needs to be more use of the stones we have as opposed to making up nigh-useless stones that have nearly no evolutionary value. The Thunderstone and Firestone haven't received an addendum to their usefulness since the first generation; it's high time that we ought to focus on correcting that as opposed to making up tons of new stones that evolve one or two Pokemon.

And, because I'm feeling pernicious, I'd like to see a line guided entirely by the evolution of stones (however, to evolve to each of its forms it must be at level 20 and level 40, respectively).

JazzJazz

Eszett said:
Indeed, there needs to be more use of the stones we have as opposed to making up nigh-useless stones that have nearly no evolutionary value. The Thunderstone and Firestone haven't received an addendum to their usefulness since the first generation; it's high time that we ought to focus on correcting that as opposed to making up tons of new stones that evolve one or two Pokemon.

I totally agree, find more uses for the evolution methods we already have... not just the stones, but also happiness and stats-based, etc...

JazzJazz

Exel 4.0 said:
I want a steel shard.

What would be the point of the steel shard? To make metal coat or something... sorry, not a fan of any more shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.