• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Styles

DaveTheFishGuy

Fish Trainer
>This thread turns into the 'BAWWWWW I hate this 'mon in the banner!' thread

Oh, goodie.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Guys, just talk about the skins themselves rather than bemoan the choices of Pokemon. If you don't like them so much then just use another skin - that's what people voted for after all. Besides, you can't please everyone with what gets chosen.

Zoroark was great choice. I don't really see the problem with it. It really represents the dark type well.

Not really, no. You do know what the majority of the Dark type is actually about, right? Not that I'm going to argue further about it.

I'm just upset about Flygon for dragon....Why Flygon when we have Salamence and Rayquaza, who are, I don't know, more dragonlike?

Because the boss said so.

>This thread turns into the 'BAWWWWW I hate this 'mon in the banner!' thread

Oh, goodie.

It's as easy as not using it. But then again, that might be a little too easy. That requires the actual putting forth of no effort whatsoever.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I actually appreciate the new styles. Great artwork on the banners, and the colors blend well with each other.

Overall, I'm pleased with the styles that have come out so far.

However, is there more than one of each style to come out for extra variety, or just the one? I'm just curious, and I think it will only add to the awesomeness that's already in these forums.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I love the poison type skin. I'm using it right now~.

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
They look great!
Right now I'm using the Poison one, I don't know why I like it so much, though, I guess it's just the colors on it. Even though I don't particularly like Weezing, I'm using it anyway.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Oh dear these new skins are disappointing. For example, you can barely read text on the Poison-type skin and the colours on them all look fairly horrid together. I'll just stick to the Happy Style skin I guess.

Mister_SGG

Oh dear these new skins are disappointing. For example, you can barely read text on the Poison-type skin and the colours on them all look fairly horrid together. I'll just stick to the Happy Style skin I guess.

Text on the Poison-type skin is perfectly clear...?

VictiniPowns

Im a girl, okay?
Im using the poison type skin right now, and some text may not appear clear(black on dark purple). But for the most part, the color choise is wonderful, and I can read all the text on the page.

Meowth City

Staff member
I really like the shades of purple of the Poison theme, but the black text is a real let down for me. As a result, I'm currently using the Dark theme, as I like black and red. It's not perfect, so I will most likely change it after some time. Although I haven't made my mind up on what theme I'll ultimately use, at least not until the remaining themes are completed.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror

Clearly not read the posts that said we'll tweak them when we're done so that everything is readable on every skin. Thanks for paying attention.

And FYI, Purple and Yellow are complimentary colours. Have been ever since people started painting.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I wonder when we'll be getting the new skins, I can't wait to see whether or not Jumpluff won the Grass type poll or not.

Zachmac

Well, I wouldn't really complain. There are going to be 17 different types to use for skins, and you even get to vote for which pokemon appear.

If you like at least one of the skins, any one, including Serebii green, then there is no need to complain. Okay, I'll admit that it seemed like I was complaining about Flygon, but it's just that I didn't understand why a fly is representing the dragon type.
You do know what the majority of the Dark type is actually about, right?
Dark type's Japanese name is evil.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I wonder when we'll be getting the new skins, I can't wait to see whether or not Jumpluff won the Grass type poll or not.
It did win the Grass Poll.

There are voting threads in the Serebii.net Discussion forum, three types at a time. Poison and Dark are obviously done, so is Flying (Pidgeot), Rock (Tyranitar), Dragon (Flygon) and Grass (Jumpluff). Curren types under discussion are Fire, Electric and Bug.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
The Flying skin from before was Dark Blue, which I don't personally think represented the type at all. The colours I'm doing are pretty much all from Pigeot. It'll be the next one that goes live, it just wont be until the weekend at the earliest. I've got a lot of prep to do in work before I have my two weeks off, so I've time to design the skins at home, but not the time to make them.