• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Summarys

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I'll be very upset if the Kanto trio takes out Brandon. It will simply scream of Duex Ex Machina and will ruin the "fresh start" of AG at its tail end

Ash probaly won't win, most likely get two out of three, and than head off to Shinou. That's what happens in every leauge, and yes Ash seems to be entering in a contest, I can't wait to see how Ash does in that one. I've always wanted to see what would happen if he did. Sorry I'm just excited about these two episodes XD

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
First Pokémon = Masaya Ichikawa & Akiyo Hirkawa
Um....who? Neither of those ring a bell ^^;

VS Regice = Hiromi Funazu
Wow. Just...wow. That's a seriously messed up choice of animation director, especially considering this is supposed to be the big epic finalé.
They've already used up Iwane for next week's Shuu episode, so the least they could have done is use Shimura. Or hell, even Tamagawa, who hasn't done anything since Grovyle evolved:/

Cybercubed said:
The worst animator does the Ash Vs. May episode? Jesus.
Shimura isn't THAT bad. She's definately not the best, but she doesn't rank as the worst either. She's one of those animation directors whose quality seems to fluctuate throughout the episode.

Oh god, this is a boring post >_>

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
*The reason Ash brought his three starters back is to ...er, 'turn back into a beginner', says the second scan
Feel like a beginner again...with his 3 strongest Pokemon. Lol >.>

*VS Brandon is 4 on 4 apparently
4 on 4? Jesus, people thought it would be a little much to have Ash take down all 3 Regis at once, and now the writers are throwing in a [presumably] uber Pokemon on top?

*Ash and May are participating in a Contest the evening before they return to their respective hometowns
Oh, that'd be original...if Brock hadn't done the same thing IN THIS SAGA. If you're going to reuse old plots, do it in different regions.

If May and Max are coming along with Ash to Shinou, they sure are doing a lot of traveling. I mean, travel through Hoenn, go to Kanto, then back to Hoenn to visit, back to Kanto, travel through Kanto, now they're going back to Hoenn, only to possibly meet up with Ash in Kanto or Shinou?

I know Ash has done more traveling than this, but lest we forget, this back and forth daze has been over a 1 Season Saga 0_0

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash probaly won't win, most likely get two out of three, and than head off to Shinou. That's what happens in every leauge, and yes Ash seems to be entering in a contest, I can't wait to see how Ash does in that one. I've always wanted to see what would happen if he did. Sorry I'm just excited about these two episodes XD

Um since when is the Battle Frontier classifed as a league, Ash will probably win this battle as i can't possibly see him not get all the frontier symbols before going to Shinou, and for the record Ash's pokemon are not Dues ex's like May's are, her pokemon win her battles through luck, Ash's do it with skill, and seriously if your gonna complain about them being used then don't watch the battle.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Um since when is the Battle Frontier classifed as a league, Ash will probably win this battle as i can't possibly see him not get all the frontier symbols before going to Shinou, and for the record Ash's pokemon are not Dues ex's like May's are, her pokemon win her battles through luck, Ash's do it with skill, and seriously if your gonna complain about them being used then don't watch the battle.

I actually see Ash beating 2 Regis and losing to the 3rd one but Brandon still gives him the symbol because he recognize's Ash's Ability.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I actually see Ash beating 2 Regis and losing to the 3rd one but Brandon still gives him the symbol because he recognize's Ash's Ability.

The last thing we need is that nodd from the olden days, The way Ash is now he should earn everything he gets not have them handed to him. Seriously people doess the fact that he is using his older guys make you think he is going to automatically lose.

Last edited:
So Ash's Kanto staters are coming back. I'm mad as heck!!! Seriously, as much as I love the Kanto trio, my goodness! Training Sceptile, Donphan, Swellow, Corphish and bringing back Torkoal for the Registeel battle was all for nothing then. His BF team is really strong and what does Ash do? Gets rid of more than half of them and brings back the Kanto trio. What a waste! I could see Sceptile and Torkoal redeeming themselves and now that the battle is 4 vs. 4, I could see Donphan and Pikachu battling Brandon. But the writers had to choose the Kanto trio over the BF team. They just had to let Donphan evolve for nothing, pitting Sceptile against Regirock for nothing, pit Torkoal against Registeel for nothing, and to bring Swellow and Corphish for the BF all for nothing. I mean yeah they battled before Brandon's battle and did an amazing job getting the symbols, but to ditch them at the end. The end of there saga...AG!! Not fair...not fair at all. Forgive my anger but better things could happen.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
The last thing we need is that nodd from the olden days, The way Ash is now he should earn everything he gets not have them handed to him. Seriously people is the fact that he is using his older guys make you think he is going to automatically lose.

Im not saying that he will use because he is using older guys, I just find it hard to beleive that he keeps losing to Brandon and will suddenly be able to defeat all 3 Regis. The 1st season, yeah, Ash had things handed to him but he only impressed those gym leaders, if he nearly beats Brandon, he still will have beat 2 of his legendary Pokemon and that is no small accomplishment. Either way, Im starting to think he will just lose to Brandon because he isnt ready to take down all 3 Regis yet.

Last edited:

Manene!

Oh, that'd be original...if Brock hadn't done the same thing IN THIS SAGA. If you're going to reuse old plots, do it in different regions.
I doubt it's an official contest. I don't even think we know if it's an actual Pokemon Contest or not.

If May and Max are coming along with Ash to Shinou, they sure are doing a lot of traveling. I mean, travel through Hoenn, go to Kanto, then back to Hoenn to visit, back to Kanto, travel through Kanto, now they're going back to Hoenn, only to possibly meet up with Ash in Kanto or Shinou?

I know Ash has done more traveling than this, but lest we forget, this back and forth daze has been over a 1 Season Saga 0_0
Hopefully, the writers will do something original like have May leave for Shinou from Hoenn and Ash leaves from Kanto and they accidentally meet up at the Professor’s lab.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'll be very upset if the Kanto trio takes out Brandon. It will simply scream of Duex Ex Machina and will ruin the "fresh start" of AG at its tail end

Ash's "fresh start" ended when Hoenn did.

That's why he has Donphan on his team and has used Charizard, Snorlax, Heracross and Tauros.

Why do people think Ash was never going to use his old Pokemon again? The "fresh start" only lasted until the Hoenn league. This is why Battle Frontier had had him shaking up his team for each Brain battle.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Im not saying that he will use because he is using older guys, I just find it hard to beleive that he keeps losing to Brandon and will suddenly be able to defeat all 3 Regis. The 1st season, yeah, Ash had things handed to him but he only impressed those gym leaders, if he nearly beats Brandon, he still will have beat 2 of his legendary Pokemon and that is no small accomplishment. Either way, Im starting to think he will just lose to Brandon because he isnt ready to take down a regi yet.

Basically you're contradicting yourslef with that last sentance, but anyway maybe the fact that Ash lost to Brandon twice is to make the win that much sweater when he accomplishes it, overall Ash doesn't need another loss under his belt, much less a pity symbol from the strongest froniter leader of the pack, that would be a crappy way to end the frontier don't you think.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Ok I'm wondering why the hell Ash would be in a contest now. And whats with this 4 vs 4 battle with all of his most overused Deux Ex Machina's from the friggin first season against these legendaries. Not to mention the Gary dream sequence and Scott judging a contest in Rivals Forever. I think the writers have broken into their stash of crack :(

Isn't it unfair that the Kanto trio will replace half of Ash's current team at the end of this season. What was the point of training Sceptile, Swellow, Corphish, and Donphan when Ash's going to ditch them at the end. I mean why Donphan evolving for just one BF battle? Why did Sceptile vs. Regirock in the first place and not avenge its loss? Why bring Swellow and Corphish to be in the BF when they're about to be replaced by the Kanto trio and get ditched at the end. Seriously, unfair for the BF team, unfair...

Last edited:

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!

Did I complain? No I didn't, I said I'm excited at the fact that he's getting his old Pokemon back, I liked them from the start. I only said he could loose becuase that's what happens in every leauge, and I don't mind that either. I love every thing about this show. I agree Ash does do it by skills, he could possibly win that would be awesome. I just hope he conitnues on his journey to Shinou is all. Also I seriously can't wait for Ash battle in a contest, this will be way awesome XD

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Um....who? Neither of those ring a bell ^^;
New 'faces' ;)

Wow. Just...wow. That's a seriously messed up choice of animation director, especially considering this is supposed to be the big epic finalé.
They've already used up Iwane for next week's Shuu episode, so the least they could have done is use Shimura. Or hell, even Tamagawa, who hasn't done anything since Grovyle evolved:/
Eh...Hiromi Funazu is better than Shimura in my opinion. The actual animation may not be superb, but the characters actually look kind of cute in her episodes, while with Shimura's art-style, there's just one word to describe them: 'messed up' :/ I too think that she's the worst art director at the moment, now that Yuusaku Takeda is gone.

And about Tamagawa...well, I seriously am puzzled with what they're doing with him. Maybe he was on hiatus because he was working on the movie, that's the only thing I can think about.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Did I complain? No I didn't, I said I'm excited at the fact that he's getting his old Pokemon back, I liked them from the start. I only said he could loose becuase that's what happens in every leauge, and I don't mind that either. I love every thing about this show. I agree Ash does do it by skills, he could possibly win that would be awesome. I just hope he conitnues on his journey to Shinou is all. Also I seriously can't wait for Ash battle in a contest, this will be way awesome XD

That's the key point there my friend this is NOT A LEAGUE, and i do agree with the contest thing, but i just realised something maybe when Ash beats Brandon, May realises the only way she can ever beat Ash again is on her feild advantage(contests) now as for why she would challange him in the first place i have no idea, but that could be half of the reason Ash does it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I mean why Donphan evolving for just one BF battle?

It also got the Pewter Gym battle against Charizard and Aggron. It may still be on his team after BF, who knows?

Why did Sceptile vs. Regirock in the first place and not avenge its loss?

Ah well, poor Sceptile. Let's hope he sticks around too.

Why bring Swellow and Corphish to be in the BF when they're about to be replaced

If there's any Pokemon on his current team that got enough spotlight, it's them. Swellow got Tucker AND Spenser, defeating Pokemon in both. Corphish got Tucker AND Anabel, again defeating Pokemon in both.

Swellow/Corphish got plenty of time to shine, I wouldn't mind at all if they were placed on the backburner a bit.

Sceptile, Donphan and even Aipom need more to do though.