• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Summarys

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
The big 4 (Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur) are probably his most experienced and overall most used of all his pokemon so it shouldn't be surpising if they outdo his all his other pokemon. It sounds like Ash will get inspired in the rival episode to go back to basics and bring the old team back since they where pretty much the team that started it all and pretty much carried him till he got to Johto.

As CC said the fresh start is over and done with. The fresh start was just a cop out for the writers not for him to drop them off along the way and basically let them go like he did with Butterfree, Primeape, Pidegot, Lapras (even though everyone knew it was going to be let go at the end), Charizard, and Squirtle which was very unpopular way of freeing up space for new pokemon. So dumping them all off at Oak's and letting them mostly rot was a better way to do it :p

I have a feeling assuming that May and Ash return for D/P that they'll both head back home, hear about Shinou in different ways, and bump into each other along the way. They'll probably follow Ash and he'll bump into Hikari, and they'll watch a contest or something that May is in. Not exactly original but when has the series ever prided itself for it's originality :p

Well, if the Kanto trio and Pikachu are staying for the battle then hopefully Donphan and Sceptile will stay for the contests. Again, waste of evolving and training if Donphan and Sceptile are out. As for Aipom, I'm guessing it will go to Shinou now that the Kanto trio comes into the picture.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
That's the key point there my friend this is NOT A LEAGUE, and i do agree with the contest thing, but i just realised something maybe when Ash beats Brandon, May realises the only way she can ever beat Ash again is on her feild advantage(contests) now as for why she would challange him in the first place i have no idea, but that could be half of the reason Ash does it.

Now see the only reason I think May would challange Ash is to see if she should go on her journey and train more. Like if Ash won she would need to go on her own and train some more, if she won she would stay with Ash. But this is just speculating on my part. And yah the contest thing will be neat, I wonder if any one will be watching this? There ovbiously has to be juges, or maybe Ash really does decide to start over and just enters in Contests from now on LOL That would be err um crazy but I wouldn't mind it, change of pace I guess LOL. Ash could beat Breandon, don't know what to hope for. I like your idea about Ash and Hikari Jikkle, here's hoping that happens your way :p

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Anyone else think May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle will be out of their balls to watch the match?

Seeing as how the two Bulba were together for all of Kanto, I can't see May's Bulba not wanting to see Ash's battle.

And as I was hoping, I want May's Squirtle to take interest in the Squirtle Squad so she leaves it with them. :D

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Sushi said:
*The reason Ash brought his three starters back is to ...er, 'turn back into a beginner', says the second scan
Feel like a beginner again...with his 3 strongest Pokemon. Lol >.>

*VS Brandon is 4 on 4 apparently
4 on 4? Jesus, people thought it would be a little much to have Ash take down all 3 Regis at once, and now the writers are throwing in a [presumably] uber Pokemon on top?

*Ash and May are participating in a Contest the evening before they return to their respective hometowns
Oh, that'd be original...if Brock hadn't done the same thing IN THIS SAGA. If you're going to reuse old plots, do it in different regions.

If May and Max are coming along with Ash to Shinou, they sure are doing a lot of traveling. I mean, travel through Hoenn, go to Kanto, then back to Hoenn to visit, back to Kanto, travel through Kanto, now they're going back to Hoenn, only to possibly meet up with Ash in Kanto or Shinou?

I know Ash has done more traveling than this, but lest we forget, this back and forth daze has been over a 1 Season Saga 0_0

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
And as I was hoping, I want May's Squirtle to take interest in the Squirtle Squad so she leaves it with them. :D

I hope if it does, the Squirtle Squad does a Duke Lacrosse Team on it...

And .Combushken, yes Brock has enetered a contest, but Ash never. Plus, we may see a actual, finished, May vs Ash battle.

I wonder what are the other two episodes after this. Will Ash gain back his pokemon that are about to be replaced by the Kanto trio? Anyway, I hope May uses Eevee and Bulbasaur in the contest. Bulbasaur since it might be the only time it gets to be in a contests seeing as how it is with Ash's at Oak's.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
Sushi said:

Oh, that'd be original...if Brock hadn't done the same thing IN THIS SAGA. If you're going to reuse old plots, do it in different regions.

If May and Max are coming along with Ash to Shinou, they sure are doing a lot of traveling. I mean, travel through Hoenn, go to Kanto, then back to Hoenn to visit, back to Kanto, travel through Kanto, now they're going back to Hoenn, only to possibly meet up with Ash in Kanto or Shinou?

I know Ash has done more traveling than this, but lest we forget, this back and forth daze has been over a 1 Season Saga 0_0

LOL Just becuase its not orginal doesn't mean the writers won't use it, look at how many reused ideas they have done in the past LOL Its most likely to happen again. The only way to avoide that much traveling for May would be maybe meeting Ash some where else in Shinou, like a log cabin of some sort. Just ideas I'm giving.

Kabuto

little punks!
As much as I love Ashs old trio, I'm hoping his AG team beats the Regi's showing that Ash actually improved, and is not depending on his old team to save his a**. I do want to see them all again though, especially Squirtle. And one more thing, Ash better beat May after she humiliated him in A Double Dilemma.

Last edited:

MayisCool

Cascade Trainer
Ash VS Brandon is 4 on 4 apparently. That reminds me of the Advance Battle opening. It look like there was flying type Ash was using in that scean in the 8'th seson opening.May's Squirtle was also in the opening. I just dont want to see May leaving the show for good...

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
^^ May never beat him in that episode, Torchic knocked out ash not Tailow. Ash has beaten may before she has never beaten him. If they battle in a contest, will they really have may lose in her special field.
Ok so its confirmed he gets the trio back. The brandon battle will be 4 on 4 now, well the 4th pokemon for ash will most definetly be Pikachu, very interested to see what brandon will have. He will prob have a d/p pokemon and when ash beats him he will tell ash about shinou and he will go there. I could see that happening.

~Ash6K~ to say that sceptiles evolution and training was for no reason is dumb. Its had plenty of battles and glory as a treeko/grovyle/sceptile. As a sceptile it took down shiftry, and claydol in the same battle. It also learned solar beam. Then it pwned the scizor in the red inazuma episode. Its loss against regirock could be argued to not even be official. I will NEVER agree that sceptile lost fairly. Ash was hardly in control and sceptile did not battle with its regular strategy. I want sceptile to take its avenge but if it doesn't people cant and shouldnt complain about sceptile not battling and training enough.

Also ash's kanto trio is NOT dues-ex. Charizard does nothing but training, squirtle has had a plenty of battles and consecutivly fights fire strengthening its skills. Bulbasaur has had alot of battles as well and proved its strength when it tied against Meganium. And its already been proven that just because pokemon are at oaks that doesn't mean they dont get stronger just look at TORKOAL. Bulbasaur wasn't weak like torkoal so its strength should be more then torkoals not less.
And i have to agree with AlmightyZard if u people despise the kanto trio so much then just dont watch this battle. You dont have to sit there and watch and put urself through agonizing pain,lol. Just continue to watch it after ash beats the regis.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
After the Johto pokemon got upstaged by Kanto pokemon (particularly Charizard) in their league, the last thing I want is the Hoenn pokemon being overshadowed by overated starters which had their moment eight years ago.

I'm not hating the Kanto trio, just the writers' choice to bring them back at this certain time. Ash has a lot of strong pokemon already and to bring three new pokemon to battle the Regi's all of a sudden just doesn't seem fair for the BF pokemon. I know Sceptile has done a lot of amazing things but we've seen Charizard in all the major leagues Ash has been and I just think Sceptile deserves a turn to shine (especially since this might be Ash's last major battle of AG). As for Donphan, it is the perfect pokemon to go up against the Regi's but the Kanto trio kinda takes that away. And I also feel that Ash's AG pokemon should be with him at the finale of the season rather than the Kanto pokemon. The only AG pokemon I'd see not being in Ash's team for the finale is Glalie (because it's more of a reserve-league pokemon now) and Aipom (since it most likely will travel with Ash in Shinou). So, as much as the Kanto trio are great and all, I just feel that it is not the best time for them to battle along side Ash.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
ChaosMage his johto getting upstaged in the johto league made some sense. Common ur telling me that cindaquil could've taken out garys golem and blastoise and could've put up a fight against blaziken. Could bayleef knock out blaziken or beat gary. And totodile is just good to dance and thats it. It didnt even win ash any gym battles in the johto region correct me if im wrong? The fact that it beat harrisons sneasle was amazing enough.
And noctowl was just good to pop TR's air balloon and that one gym battle with Morty. I dont know why people even bring up the point of his johto pokemon getting upstaged by his kanto pokemon in that league. Yes, Its disappointing to see his johto pokemon not get any spotlight in their league but his kanto pokemon are stronger and could handle the competiton better which they did.
Torkoal was not enough to beat registeel. Maybe while talking to Gary Ash will realize that this isn't any normal battle. He called charizard to face articuno cuz he very well knew that charizard was the only one who could handle it. He'll prob feel that his kanto trio is his best bet against brandon and his pokemon. And people lets not forget the most important point which i mentioned before: THE FANSERVICE FOR HIS KANTO TRIO IS AMAZING. I wont even mention pikachu cuz well hes the face of pokemon. Pikachu ranked number 15 on the top 50 list of top animated characters of all time.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
New 'faces' ;)
Yay for a lick of hope!

Eh...Hiromi Funazu is better than Shimura in my opinion. The actual animation may not be superb, but the characters actually look kind of cute in her episodes, while with Shimura's art-style, there's just one word to describe them: 'messed up' :/ I too think that she's the worst art director at the moment, now that Yuusaku Takeda is gone.

Gah, sorry, not Shimura. I meant to say Yamashita ^^; Granted, she's one of those odd fluctuation directors too, but gets some nice Iwane-esque looking character models in there. And her animation isn't what could be considered awful either.

But in any case, I still stand by opinion of Izumi not being the worst, especially when we've got guys like Yanagi and Yamamoto still floating around. And hell, when the girl actually puts some effort in, she pulls off some pretty snazzy looking stuff, ie. Combusken vs. Seviper in the Giant Slaking ep. Until those other two produce anything like that, they're still at the bottom of the ladder :p

Swellow/Corphish got plenty of time to shine, I wouldn't mind at all if they were placed on the backburner a bit.
Swellow perhaps, but...I just can't agree with you when we're talking about Corphish.
Can you honestly say that battle it had in the Tower was at all memorable? I sure as hell can't remember anything from it's brawl with Alakazam, except that incredibly stupid 'return and then send back out instantly' manuevor Ash decided to employ. And apart from that, the only other decent fight it's had this entire saga was against Tucker in the Dome, and even then it was a shared victory. Even it's personallity seems to have been washed aside these days. If there's any other pokémon on Ash's team (besides Donphan) that has recieved the short end of the stick in the Frontier, it's Corphish.

Flamez said:
And i have to agree with AlmightyZard if u people despise the kanto trio so much then just dont watch this battle. You dont have to sit there and watch and put urself through agonizing pain,lol. Just continue to watch it after ash beats the regis.
Eh, I dunno about anyone else, but that's not what I'm getting at. There's the possibility that it will provide a decent battle one way or another, so of course I'm going to watch it for that sole reason.
It's just majorly dissapointing that we can't even see anyone else be Ash's go-to guys for a change. Why not Heracross or Glalie or Kingler? They're all powerful pokémon in their own right, and have barely done anything over the years, despite proving to be valuable assests in sticky situations. Personally, I think it would have been a lot more interesting to watch something like THAT, as opposed to yet another Bulbasaur/Charizard battle.

Geodude

I do NOT understand all this whining and complaining about the old Kanto trio coming back. Ash is facing his most powerful opponent ever, why wouldn't he go with what he feels to be his strongest Pokemon? Simple logic, something you people apparently fail to grasp.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I do NOT understand all this whining and complaining about the old Kanto trio coming back. Ash is facing his most powerful opponent ever, why wouldn't he go with what he feels to be his strongest Pokemon? Simple logic, something you people apparently fail to grasp.

I don't understand either I respect there opinions though, I've always loved those three Pokemon and am glad that there returning to help his team. I think this maybe some of the best episodes ever!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think the problem is Charizard was already used this saga.

Looking back, Noland's battle should have been written differently. Maybe he didn't need an Articuno, and would battle with normal Pokemon instead.

If this was Charizards first AG match it would be fine...but it was already glorified near the beginning of the saga...

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
I see wut ur saying Gravy, and i agree 100% I would love to see Glalie, heracross or kingler to battle as well but I prefer the kanto trio taking on the regis. But heres hoping that if ash does go to shinou he can use those pokemon. I really dont want him to do the start fresh thing again. Shinou could be the perfect place for ash to catch new pokemon and train his not so strong pokemon. The fillers could be cut to bring back bayleef,cindaquil,and totodile for some other competitions or training sessions. They can give them spotlight there.

Geodude I agree with what ur saying, his kanto trio are all powerhouses and this is without a doubt ash's toughest challenge. Using his trio at a time like is completely understandable, people that dont like charizard/squirtle/bulbasaur will obviously say otherwise. But as Gravy mentioned Glalie/kingler/heracross should also get some spotlight. Specially KINGLER the last battle for it was against mistys psyduck and it lost. But still Im very happy about his kanto trio coming back I cant wait for the battle.