• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Summarys

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think the problem is Charizard was already used this saga.

Looking back, Noland's battle should have been written differently. Maybe he didn't need an Articuno, and would battle with normal Pokemon instead.

If this was Charizards first AG match it would be fine...but it was already glorified near the beginning of the saga...

To be honest i was hoping Charizard would get to battle twice in the saga, at the begining, and the end, but this time i hope we get to see Blast Burn, and possibly Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant from Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
To be honest i was hoping Charizard would get to battle twice in the saga, at the begining, and the end, but this time i hope we get to see Blast Burn, and possibly Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant from Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Oh yes THOSE attacks. These attacks would be a great place to be shown right now but it would be pretty lame if all three learned those powerhouse attacks.

Well if not Ash's other pokemon then I expect an awesome battle from the Kanto trio then. If Squirtle knew ice attacks, I could see it having an Ice vs. Ice battle with Regice. As for Charizard, let's just say Registeel is going to suffer seing as how Charizard knows the powerful fire attacks and Seismic Toss. Bulbasaur obviously is going to take down Regrock (although I feel sorry that Sceptile doesn't get to battle it). And I hope that all three know the elemental hyper beams. As for Pikachu, I expect that the Kanto trio lose to the final Brandon pokemon and Pikachu is going to beat it. Btw, do you think Ash is going to have the Kanto trio till the end of the season or will he get any pokemon Oak'd prior for this battle back for the end?

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Hmm this could be a reason why they didnt show charizard with blast burn when he faced Articuno. They were probably saving it for this moment. But if charizard will battle regice wouldnt it be too heavy (like garys golem) to pull of a seismic toss. And that would make a few people who hate to see it win with that attack happy. Winning with blast burn or overheat would be better. Anyone Agree?

Squirtle with Hydro cannon would rock, with it fighting fire day after day hydro cannon is perfect for it.
Bulbasaur with frenzy plant would also rock, but i know for sure that yamato-san wanted bayleef to have it instead.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Indeed, just don't have Ash's Squirtle show up with Ice beam. I don't want it and May's Squirtle having the same TM move. >_<

Jolty77

<Bring her back!
ChaosMage his johto getting upstaged in the johto league made some sense. Common ur telling me that cindaquil could've taken out garys golem and blastoise and could've put up a fight against blaziken. Could bayleef knock out blaziken or beat gary. And totodile is just good to dance and thats it. It didnt even win ash any gym battles in the johto region correct me if im wrong? The fact that it beat harrisons sneasle was amazing enough.

I don't doubt Bayleef's ability, it did take out a Houndoom.
I don't think it ever won any, but it did help out tremendously in the Whitney battle.

I do hope if he continues to Shinou that he will take along some pokemon who need training. It is unfair for Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Noctowl, Kingler, and maybe even Aipom to do a whole lot of nothing.

Ash's squirtle could learn blizzard or maybe (I don't know if it can) ice punch. Now the only question I have right now are who are the pokemon in Ash's team departing us for the time...Corphish is losing its steam, Torkoal will probably go back. So I guess that leaves Sceptile, Swellow, and Donphan (which I hope is not Donphan). Btw, can anyone tell me why the writers have Ash use Bulbasaur over Sceptile? I mean Sceptile is most likely stronger than Bulbasaur right?

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
Indeed, just don't have Ash's Squirtle show up with Ice beam. I don't want it and May's Squirtle having the same TM move. >_<

It might just have the same move, can't do any thing about it though LOL. Or maybe Squirtle will learn a new move that no one's ever hear of shocking even Ash himself, that would be neat.

^ Me too, but there are two more episodes after the May vs. Ash contest so let's just hope something will happen.

I'll admit, I was ticked because Torkoal and Sceptile didn't get its revenge and that Donphan who has amazing potential wasn't used. And I was kinda worried that the AG powerhouses like Sceptile, Swellow, and/or Donphan were being replced by the Kanto trio. But Charizard is stronger than Torkoal so I'm guessing it wouldn't be so bad taking its place. Also, Corphish is losing its steam so I guess Squirtle seems best. So now, I'm just hoping for something to good to happen after the contest (except I'm still confused that Bulbasaur is battling but Sceptile isn't...the only thing worrying me is what pokemon's spot Bulbasaur will take.).

Last edited:

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Kojiro, havent a few pokemon learned some moves that they dont learn in the games. Im not sure but its just a hunch correct me if im wrong. Theres also the fact that the anime does tend to be different from the games.

Ash6K, im guessing that torkoal,corphish, and swellow will go to oaks. Swellow has had plenty of glory and has proved time after time of its awesomness. Torkoal just had a good battle and did redeem its poor performance through out the hoenn region. Gravy made a good point about corphish not really having a great battle that would be remembered. But i like to think of Corphish wiping out half of masamunes team, taking out a crawdaunt in the dragonaire episode, beating tuckers arcanine, beating anabels alakazam and then beating a pinsir and marowak. With that in my mind i feel like it perfectly fine for corphish to go.
O and ur question regarding bulbasaur. Many will argue that sceptile is stronger or bulbasaur is stronger. But the fact is that bulbasaur hasnt battle since the JOHTO LEAGUE while sceptile has had battles as a treeko to sceptile. It had a huge glory in the spenser battle, it took out 2 of his pokemon and learned solar beam. I've said it before and i'll say it again sceptile made an overused attack like solar beam look good again. There prob doing it cuz bulbasaur hasnt been used for such a long time and for the fanservice. And ofcouse as Geodude mentioned its only natural for ash to rely on his kanto trio pokemon in his hardest batttle who he may feel are the best choice against brandon.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
His Kanto trio are only going to be around for these two episodes. I think the people thinking his AG team is gone are jumping to conclusions.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
No I just think that since this will be the last Gym Leader (face it, Brains are treated just like GLs) battle of AG its a bit unfair that stars from the other series will be battling alone

I guess you're right Cyber, his BF team will just be on hold for the two episodes. I guess I was just so worried about Ash's AG team that I didn't stop to think that the Kanto trio will appear in only those two episodes. Anyway, after myself being paranoid...

I hope May and Ash have a good battle. I'm wondering about who the judges will be and how the contest was set up in the first place.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Well lets see...hmmmm

May vs Ash..is in a contest..now that something we gotta see

now be jumping into conclusions...let say "Hoenn starter EVOLUTION!!!"..lol

likely not to happen..lol

anyway..some kind of evolution in either ep would be nice...but nah

yea i wish we saw the johto starter but likely not to happen..oh well

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Yes, but the writers hardly ever follow the game rules with moves most of the time, so i wouldn't be surprised if they did use them.
Huh? In recent years, the only pokémon I can think of that used a move it can't actually learn, was a bunch of random wild Vibrava. And even then, the move itself (Supersonic I think?) was pretty damn minor.