• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I so badly want Galaxy suits implemented. I can understand some of them being a 3D perspective exclusive, but I could see the Bee and Cloud suit working.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Glad to see that Nintendo is going to release this as a downloadable copy and physical copy. Though I got a good feeling that they would have the same price for both copies since that most downloadable titles that are also retail titles have the exact same price. But hey, It would be probably a little bit cheaper for the downloadable title if Nintendo decides to do it. Something like about a 10% or 15% would be nice if they ever do it. Though it is up in the air since Nintendo is going to do what they plan on doing.

Other than that, Glad to see that they are using some power ups from Super Mario Bros 3 that they didn't use in 3D Land. Though this is just an exact guess since that the Raccoon Mario form is returning in this game. But hey, Just thought of some power ups that would be nice to see return in this game.

Frog Mario (Just needs to since it would be a perfect underwater form)
Penguin Mario (Same as Frog Mario but is better since Penguin is also great for Ice levels)
Kuribo's Shoe (The only definite power up that needs to the worst)
Chicken Mario (Has to since it would be cool what it does since it was only beta for NSMBW)
Hammer Mario (Just would be cool)
Rabbit Mario (Would be nice, though Raccoon Mario already fills that slot perfectly)

Steelia

forever.
Not interested.
Now, give us a New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, with all the frantic multiplayer goodness from the Wii version, plus possibly Peach as playable this time around... That'd be more like it.

TicoPokemonMaster

Glad to see that Nintendo is going to release this as a downloadable copy and physical copy. Though I got a good feeling that they would have the same price for both copies since that most downloadable titles that are also retail titles have the exact same price. But hey, It would be probably a little bit cheaper for the downloadable title if Nintendo decides to do it. Something like about a 10% or 15% would be nice if they ever do it. Though it is up in the air since Nintendo is going to do what they plan on doing.

Other than that, Glad to see that they are using some power ups from Super Mario Bros 3 that they didn't use in 3D Land. Though this is just an exact guess since that the Raccoon Mario form is returning in this game. But hey, Just thought of some power ups that would be nice to see return in this game.

Frog Mario (Just needs to since it would be a perfect underwater form)
Penguin Mario (Same as Frog Mario but is better since Penguin is also great for Ice levels)
These first two are rather redundant and as much as I love the Frog Suit, Penguin has more options.
Kuribo's Shoe (The only definite power up that needs to the worst)
Yes, Yes, Yes
Chicken Mario (Has to since it would be cool what it does since it was only beta for NSMBW)
If it gives the slow falling feeling that the Raccon tail does as its only option, then I wouldn't want to see it here.
Hammer Mario (Just would be cool)Boomerang is better *runs away*
Rabbit Mario (Would be nice, though Raccoon Mario already fills that slot perfectly)

comments in bold.
Not interested.
Now, give us a New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, with all the frantic multiplayer goodness from the Wii version, plus possibly Peach as playable this time around... That'd be more like it.
Steelia, I hope you have fun with New Super Mario Bros Mii, you know the E3 WiiU demo where you play as your mii. Have fun with that.

Steelia

forever.
Who's not to say they'll add multiplayer to this one?

The difference there is, at least with the Wii U version (as far as I know) you can just pick up 4 controllers and play the game easy.
But with the 3DS version... you not only need multiple copies, but also multiple 3DS's. No thanks; I can barely afford either as it is.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
I don't really care about the multiplayer options, Mario was never a multiplayer-heavy game for me. Except the sports and MK games.

dman_dustin

But with the 3DS version... you not only need multiple copies, but also multiple 3DS's.
Well unfortunately we're talking about handhelds here which tend to be for single person use only (with multiplayer only occurring with multiple handheld consoles). However I would think the 3DS would have enough power that all you should need is have more than one 3DS and not more than one copy of the game. But maybe creating specific data so that it could operate and just stream the game to the handheld with no cartridge isn't possible with the 3DS (to allow that type of multiplayer, I don't mean download play either, since download play isn't the full entire game), maybe the next handheld will be able to stream games to other handheld consoles, allowing it to serve similarly to a home console with each other handheld console serving as a controller (and it's own screen) without needing more than one copy of the game.

Last I checked, that's how MANY games operate, kiddo.
True but maybe if you take out the personal multiplayer option with close friends and relatives, maybe a WiFi multiplayer wouldn't be too bad. But I don't know about that being for this game, but maybe for some other game. But you would lose quality for that type of multiplayer.

Torpoleon

Hoping this game isn't as easy as 3D Land. Sure 3D Land did have hard levels, especially in the Special Worlds, but a majority of the levels in that game people would complete with relative ease and a bunch of levels were basically the same thing, just with 30 seconds on the timer, cosmic clones or both. I'm sure I'll still like this game, but turning up the hardness for NSMB2 wouldn't be a bad thing.

Having a multiplater similar to NSMBWii would be very fun, especially if they added in Wi-Fi. Since the upcoming Mario game for Wii U is supposed to be based off of NSMBMii (and thus probably have multiplayer and the ability to play as Miis), I don't know if we' have the multiplayer from NSMBWii & Mii though. At the very least, I hope there is some other competitive thing people could do with friends, like in Super Mario 64 DS & New Super Mario Bros.

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
New Super Mario Bros 2 is probably going to be better than Super Mario 3D Land. I love New Super Mario Bros & New Super Mario Bros Wii. So most likely i'll love New Super Mario Bros 2!

airaid

Breeding Geek
NSMBWii was one of my favorite games. After seeing what they have so far on this game, this will probably come close - very, very close.

Zazie

So 1991
It seems a little too soon to be releasing another Mario Platformer for 3DS. They've kind of been churning out Mario games at a really rapid pace these last few years.

As long as it isn't mediocre like the first New Super Mario Brothers, and doesn't feel like a complete rehash, then I guess there isn't much to complain about.

Last edited:

Maetch

Hoping Propeller Suit (or the Propeller Block from 3D Land) returns here,

Why? This game already has the Raccoon Leaf, and it's obviously going to be the main flying power-up (unless that P-Gauge in the screenshot is for something else)

MusicalZoroark

WTF NSMBDS was the easiest Mario Game ever. I can't even beat the first world of galaxy 1 yet I can beat that

Well everyones not you. I found Galaxy very easy myself. Maybe some are jsut better at the 3D games then the 2D and vice versa