• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Skydra

Yes to online no to harder. The first one was super hard.

No, it was easy. It was the first Mario game I ever played, and I beat it no problem. Anyway, I would like NSMB2 harder. But not as hard as the classics.

Also, I also seemed to have little problem beating Galaxy 2, is it harder or easier than Galaxy 1 (haven't played).

MusicalZoroark

No, it was easy. It was the first Mario game I ever played, and I beat it no problem. Anyway, I would like NSMB2 harder. But not as hard as the classics.

Also, I also seemed to have little problem beating Galaxy 2, is it harder or easier than Galaxy 1 (haven't played).

Well maybe it was the fact I hate using the Wii controller in the style. Then again I did not mind it in SPM but I did in Brawl so idk.

I found G1 easier. The thing I hated about G2 was the lack of Yoshi. It seemed he would be available more but if I remember right you could only use him in one world in the first galaxy.

Skydra

Well maybe it was the fact I hate using the Wii controller in the style. Then again I did not mind it in SPM but I did in Brawl so idk.

I found G1 easier. The thing I hated about G2 was the lack of Yoshi. It seemed he would be available more but if I remember right you could only use him in one world in the first galaxy.

Oh wait, you're talking about the Wii NSMB? That was a little harder than the DS one (which was what I naturally thought you were talking about by the word "first").

Yoshi had like one appearance per world in Galaxy, I think.

MusicalZoroark

Oh wait, you're talking about the Wii NSMB? That was a little harder than the DS one (which was what I naturally thought you were talking about by the word "first").

Yoshi had like one appearance per world in Galaxy, I think.

Wait there was a DS version?! I had no idea. I thought this was the Wii game getting a sequel since they did not want to release a big name game for the Wii since the Wii U is coming out and they have a Mario game planned. So its a sequel to a DS game. Got it.

R_N

Wait there was a DS version?! I had no idea. I thought this was the Wii game getting a sequel since they did not want to release a big name game for the Wii since the Wii U is coming out and they have a Mario game planned. So its a sequel to a DS game. Got it.

I'm very...surprised you didn't know about this:
250px-NewSuperMarioBrothers.jpg

It's a consistent seller and always advertised with the DS

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^That it has... I dunno 'bout this, NSMB honestly underwhelmed me. I'd've preferred to see a sequel of 3D Land- but we'll see how this one turns out. Hopefully, a bit closer to Super Mario Bros. 3/World.

Torpoleon

NSMB 2 looks like it is shaping up pretty nicely. I like that we are seeing the Koopalings again. Now we know it wont be the same 3 or so bosses we'd be fighting throughout the game, like in 3D Land, unless not all the Koopalings return (which I doubt). Now I want to know if Bowser Jr. will be in this game and if they'd maybe introduce a brand new boss to the Mario series in this game. They've been showcasing lots of classic bosses in 2D Mario games, but nothing really "new". Dry Bowser is really just a flesh-less Bowser, though there is Pom Pom.

What I'm loving at the moment is the golden fire flower powerup which turns mario into gold (looks pretty cool imo) and can destroy blocks which is great seeing as you could never do that with the normal fire flower.

I'm also glad to see the return of the original racoon tail and ears and being able to fly in this game is probably going to be great.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Well, I take back my last statement. This article has made me really excited for this game. 1,000,000 coins... I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE, NINTENDO.

But unlike Mario, I worry somewhat about my budget. Kingdom Hearts 3D was looking to be purchased at that time, and the Wii U and its gloriousness are being reserved for Christmas... Hmm.

ForeverFlame

I hope Bowser Jr. isn't in this game. Such a terrible character. The Koopalings are annoying too, but they've been a series staple for a while and at least they're all different. I want Wario to be the final boss in this game though. It would be a wasted opportunity if Nintendo didn't feature Wario in a game all about greed.

ForeverFlame

Bowser Jr is pretty cool

NSMB has given me enough Bowser Jr. to last a lifetime.

Also, I hope this game has "your princess is in another castle" instead of chasing after Bowser Jr. for 6 worlds. And I hope you have to actually go through all 8 worlds to beat the game this time around. I don't mind secret exits that make you warp to another world, but they should be impossible to find like in SMW. NSMB was too easy.

Torpoleon

I hope Bowser Jr. isn't in this game. Such a terrible character. The Koopalings are annoying too, but they've been a series staple for a while and at least they're all different. I want Wario to be the final boss in this game though. It would be a wasted opportunity if Nintendo didn't feature Wario in a game all about greed.
Good point with Wario. It would change things up and maybe if you have 2 players playing, the final boss could be Wario & Waluigi. Maybe that could be something for a Special World (though hopefully they don't make 8 Special Worlds, like in 3D Land).

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Wario popping up would be ironic and funny but I doubt it.

R_N

The thing with Wario is that he would have to take levels in an almost completely different way. His platforming is much more based around puzzles and relatively small jumps; he doesn't really mesh with the speed-run gimmick, either. Also gotta have that fart mechanic!

I do hope he's somewhere in the game, even as just a cameo, but I doubt he'll be there in a playable capacity.

edit: WHOOPS no one was talking about in a playable capcity. Was mixing my forums again. My bad

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This game looks plain ugly compared to the updated NSMBU. I wish they could make it look less like an exact copy of the first.