• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

TicoPokemonMaster

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175937

So this game has an August release date in Japan.

We get a flying Raccoon Mario ( I love this, but at the same time wish it was a different power up) Desert and Snow themes confirmed along with grass land and forest. And graphics are a little downgrade from the Wii edition. So any thoughts. It 1:17 am were I am so I drain,

TicoPokemonMaster

For the last freaking time, online 3DS pictures/videos look horrible UNTIL you have the game.

Hold on, Cool your horse bro, I just made an observation and I could care less how the graphics looks regards.

ROFLMAO

A little annoyed that they've continued the 'New' Line, but a name's a name, it's looking like SMB3, and that can only mean awesome things c:

Torpoleon

Looks interesting. Might end up picking the game up Day 1. August is actually a bit earlier than I expected in the US, though they'll probably have Animal Crossing 3DS (well, Japan is getting it this Fall at least), Paper Mario 3DS & Luigi's Mansion 2 for the Fall and of course Wii U stuff.

It is nice to see the Raccoon suit here and the golden enemies look cool. Anybody think maybe golden enemies are invincible and you have to go through the level without even stomping them (unless you are invincible too, I suppose)?

Serah

Lifes a happy song
I just wish it was for Wii so Hank Green could have some fail moments and make me smile. however it being for Wii makes me wonder if some Wii titles may get 3DS sequels. *Cough* Crystal Bearers *Cough*

Torpoleon

I just wish it was for Wii so Hank Green could have some fail moments and make me smile. however it being for Wii makes me wonder if some Wii titles may get 3DS sequels. *Cough* Crystal Bearers *Cough*
Nintendo did announce that they'll show a 2D Mario game for Wii U at E3 (well, it's based on the tech demo "New Super Mario Bros. Mii", so I'd assume it would be 2D anyways......), so at least there's that. Wouldn't make any sense for this game to be on the Wii at this point.

MonkeyX

This looks pretty cool, if they're bringing the Raccoon suit back then it would be neat if they brought back some other retro power ups (a certain green shoe comes to mind).

I liked NSMB for DS much better than the Wii version, so I'm excited for this one.

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
A new super mario bros. game for the 3ds? Just made my day! I wonder what all powerups there'll be,or if there will be any new ones,tho i really hope that the powerup Goombas Shoe will make a comeback.(pretty please Nintendo?)

Torpoleon

Would be nice for the Goomba's Shoe to return for this game. The powerup was rejected for Galaxy & 3D Land, so hopefully they manage to put it in NSMB 2. I do hope we get more powerups than in 3D Land, which didn't have much powerups.

Hoping Propeller Suit (or the Propeller Block from 3D Land) returns here, in addition to the Penguin Suit. Of course I also want some new powerups as well.

For the bosses, I do hope Bowser Jr. appears here. He was in every main Mario adventure since Sunshine except 3D Land. Of course we'll see Bowser here. Maybe the Koopalings, Boom Boom & Pom Pom could make a reappearance.

ForeignDude

Wow I can't believe I'm not interested at all. I think Rayman Origins hit the nail in the coffin for me. After playing that game I cannot even look back at playing the two NSMB games. I was hoping this would have a different style to it. Oh well, maybe they'll surprise us later on since this is just the first look.

Last edited:

MonkeyX

Not interested. 3D Land is the better game.

The game isn't even out yet and all we've seen of the game is 4 pictures, you can't possibly know that.

I really don't want Boom Boom, Pom Pom, and the Koopalings to return, I'd rather have more varied bosses.

I think it's gonna be random bosses like NSMBDS was.

I really hate how all the world themes are the same in each NSMB games. It will probably be grass, desert, water, ice, forest, snow, sky, and bowser again

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
The game isn't even out yet and all we've seen of the game is 4 pictures, you can't possibly know that.

I really don't want Boom Boom, Pom Pom, and the Koopalings to return, I'd rather have more varied bosses.

I'm just tired of the "New" series. It seems to go a long the line of quick fix games. It just doesn't pique my attention af the huge disappointment I got from the DS version.

Looks pretty much like NSMBDS and Wii and probably plays similar. I'm not blown away and I'm not going to rush of to get it first day, but I might pick it up if I have the chance later on.

ForeverFlame

The Raccoon suit almost sells it for me. I would like cards at the end of levels, a non-linear world map, lots and lots of minigames (those were so fun), and DLC levels (as long as it doesn't detract from the actual game).