• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Yeah I see, maybe something like every enemy that you kill turns into a gold statue that either stays there or falls of the screen. Or you could unlock a gold costume to wear.

I just think that a gold statue and/on the title screen or selecting screens is a bit underwhelming considering how hard you might have to work for it, plus you won't even see it most of the time as you will be playing the game not staring at those screens.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I just think that a gold statue and/on the title screen or selecting screens is a bit underwhelming considering how hard you might have to work for it, plus you won't even see it most of the time as you will be playing the game not staring at those screens.

That's the thing with the Mario series you shouldn't really expect them to give a great reward.

Hell in Mario 64 getting all star just unlock the cannon so you could talk to Yoshi, who would give you 1-ups, when it's likely you won't even need them.

AshSkittles

So there's no point in getting all the coins then, good thing that I wasn't planning to do so.

So there is. The satisfaction of getting 1 million. I see where your coming from though. I was homing to get some of Iwata's bananas shipped to me...

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So there is. The satisfaction of getting 1 million.

Any satisfaction I get from getting 1 million would be from real money not some digital coin.

Anyway I was thinking of cancelling my pre-order of New Super Mario Bro 2.

Zibdas

not bad
Anyway I was thinking of cancelling my pre-order of New Super Mario Bro 2.

So... are you going to give a reason, or are you just stating that offhandedly?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So... are you going to give a reason,

Eh it hasn't won me over since Super Mario 3D Land was pretty good I was expecting the next 3DS game to be like that.

New Super Mario Bros 2 looks like a DS game that was secretly move over.

Last edited:

Skydra

Eh it hasn't won me over since Super Mario 3D Land was pretty good I was expecting the next 3DS game to be like that.

New Super Mario Bros 2 looks like a DS game that was secretly move over.

Well, it is a direct sequel with the same art style and gameplay, excepting any new additions. Of course, they'll have updated the graphics, I'd think. We aren't going to get two top notch, original 3D Mario platformers within the time period the console has been released. This is just more 2D Mario, but I suppose if more 2D Mario isn't what you want, no point in having it preordered.

FusionKT

*cough*
for those of you interested, there is a video of someone reaching 1000000 coins and it's reward here

TicoPokemonMaster

for those of you interested, there is a video of someone reaching 1000000 coins and it's reward here

I will say this. I love the game, the level design looks fun and interesting from what I've seen so far (I'm not spoiling the levels or bosses for myself). I will forgive them for rehashing music and using similar background designs. I like the idea of collecting 1,000,000 coins, its something I look foward to doing. BUT that reward is a piece of sh**. Good thing I was never really looking foward to what the reward was. Cuz to be honest anything that could be given as a reward such as harder levels or other playable characters would really never have justified the coin collecting. Maybe a new castle for Peach, that would have been fun.

But like I said. I'm looking foward to have fun with the journey and forget about the destination.

Zibdas

not bad
Oh, and that creepy faced Boo? Its name is Boohemoth, and even if you look at it, after a few seconds it will break free.

TheEliteEmpoleon

It really is a shame. Just a statue?! Come on Nintendo, you can do better. I'm sure it will be a great game, regardless.

Aurath8

It really is a shame. Just a statue?! Come on Nintendo, you can do better. I'm sure it will be a great game, regardless.

When it comes to mundane bragging rights rewards, Nintendo is king.

You collected all Gold Skulltulas! Here's 200 rupees!
You caught all the pokemon! Here's a certificate!
You completed the game without the Super Guide. Here's some stars. Sparkly ones!

I am a bit disappointed this time round though, since the whole '1,000,000 coins' was hyped up a bit more this time round.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I've finally decided to pre-order the game, and already got a HUGE double sided poster with NSMB.2 and KH: DDD. Although the graphics aren't much different than the DS NSMB, I hope that Nintendo made up for this by adding in heaps of levels or long lasting ones. Also, I saw the game on the eshop and saw a section next to the trailers called 'Add-on Content' with no content yet. I hope that it's some good DLC.

Last edited:
I'm preordering the game and for me my gamestation, is giving away a free coin keyring which can store a gamecard in it, pretty sweet. I've heard that it's better to play the game in 2d as turning the 3d up only brings the main stuff a little bit forward and makes the beautiful background blurry.

Meowth City

Staff member
^ GAME is offering the same pre-order item for UK customers, so naturally I've already pre-ordered mine weeks ago. I really hope this game is as good as the first on the Wii.

Meowth City

Staff member
Oh yeah, I knew that. I accidentally read that as GameStop (silly me and my rapid reading speed) because I figured they closed all the Gamestations by now. I guess not.

I hope so. Btw, is it true that there is a Co-Op Mode where two players can play as Mario and Luigi simultaneously just like in the Wii version?

Oh yeah, I knew that. I accidentally read that as GameStop (silly me and my rapid reading speed) because I figured they closed all the Gamestations by now. I guess not.

I hope so. Btw, is it true that there is a Co-Op Mode where two players can play as Mario and Luigi simultaneously just like in the Wii version?

Yes but one has to stay in the confines of the other persons screen or they will get put into a bubble and forced to watch the other as thay are dragged along.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I need a completely honest opinion: Is the game worth a $40 price tag? Or am I better off purchasing Super Mario 3D Land?

...Basically, which one is better?