• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros Wii

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I got an advance copy of this one. I'm saving it for a Christmas present. Of course, I've already seen enough footage to know how awesome it is. That'll hold me over until I can actually play it.

woot21

super noob
why are talking like this you?
Yoda he thinks he is?

I'm getting this as a Christmas gift, though I'm going to try and see if I can somehow get it before then, mainly because I want to play it now, and the fact that the four player should be fun with my housemates. Also, Penguin Suit may be my favorite Mario series power-up behind Hammer Bros. Suit and Kuribo's Shoe. I just have one thing I'm disappointed in, based on what we know so far, and that is the lack of a cape, propeller suit doesn't count.

woot21 out dawgs

Wat.
Yoda he thinks he is?

I'm getting this as a Christmas gift, though I'm going to try and see if I can somehow get it before then, mainly because I want to play it now, and the fact that the four player should be fun with my housemates. Also, Penguin Suit may be my favorite Mario series power-up behind Hammer Bros. Suit and Kuribo's Shoe. I just have one thing I'm disappointed in, based on what we know so far, and that is the lack of a cape, propeller suit doesn't count.

woot21 out dawgs

Hammer Suit and Kuribo's Shoe were beast, but the Koopa Shell in the original NSMB was the beastliest power up ever. :p

Going to be getting this game on Sunday. :D

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I love the voices they chose for the Koopalings. Glad they could find a way to keep them and Bowser Jr. since I like him too.

Makes me hope they develop their characters in future games though.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I don't like the fact that they left out the Mega-Mushroom. That was a big deal in the original NSMB. Why couldn't they put it in this game too?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I don't like the fact that they left out the Mega-Mushroom. That was a big deal in the original NSMB. Why couldn't they put it in this game too?
The whole game doesn't depend on running in flat plains all the time and has a lot more gaps and moving platforms. The thing will be more out of place then a penguin suit in the desert.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
*has been neglecting this thread since E3*
That is one niiiiiiiice glass statue. A collector's treasure indeed.

Anyways, I just got the game and plowed through World 1 pretty quickly. I certainly had more trouble in parts than World 1 in the DS version. It's no doubt been mentioned before, but Kamek's role in boss fights made the Yoshi's Island fan in me feel quite gleeful.

I still can't quite nail the timing of picking up frozen objects properly, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

As for the lack of Mega Mushroom, that thing was pretty broken, especially considering how you could effectively whip it out of storage at your convenience (and crush bosses just by touching them). Besides, I think I like the new power-ups a lot better.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
*has been neglecting this thread since E3*
That is one niiiiiiiice glass statue. A collector's treasure indeed.

Anyways, I just got the game and plowed through World 1 pretty quickly. I certainly had more trouble in parts than World 1 in the DS version. It's no doubt been mentioned before, but Kamek's role in boss fights made the Yoshi's Island fan in me feel quite gleeful.

I still can't quite nail the timing of picking up frozen objects properly, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

As for the lack of Mega Mushroom, that thing was pretty broken, especially considering how you could effectively whip it out of storage at your convenience (and crush bosses just by touching them). Besides, I think I like the new power-ups a lot better.
Definitely. The new power ups are awesome. Especially the penguin. Damn thing is the Koopa shell Frog Suit and Ice Flower all in one.

GengarNightmare

I noticed the cape is missing too, WAIT! BEFORE YOU HIT THE REPLY BUTTON, I realize the cape was extremely broken (i.e. fly through the whole level). I just miss the epic look of the cape on Mario. Oh well.

I'm going to go pick up my copy in a little while (have a few things to do around here first).

Has anyone heard anything about secret worlds in this game? Maybe like "Star World" from Super Mario World?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I noticed the cape is missing too, WAIT! BEFORE YOU HIT THE REPLY BUTTON, I realize the cape was extremely broken (i.e. fly through the whole level). I just miss the epic look of the cape on Mario. Oh well.

I'm going to go pick up my copy in a little while (have a few things to do around here first).

Has anyone heard anything about secret worlds in this game? Maybe like "Star World" from Super Mario World?
Where the **** did you get the cape from, and how in god's all powerful name was it broken? Only thing broken from the original 2D games was the hammer bro power up and the Tanooki suit in ways. Only secret world we get is world 9 which levels unlock through star coins.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
The propeller suit is so wicked! Its like the best power up in the game! Then again haven't gotten the chance to use the penguin suit yet, soo... What world does it finally make an apperance? Anybody else hate the levels where you have to save the toad and having to restart because it dies?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Granted, you weren't invincible with the Cape. It certainly wasn't "broken" on the same level, and it took a lot of skill to utilize.
Anybody else hate the levels where you have to save the toad and having to restart because it dies?
It doesn't seem those Toad-rescuing missions are mandatory. I saved the Toad in 1-1, got three extra lives from it and an item shop, and then a Toad got captured in 1-1 again. They seem to simply be extra-life opportunities.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, I love the Propeller as well. The Ice suit is nice as well, but I still prefer the Fire suit more. Both are well useful. :) So far played through half of the 1st world, and its going good. Cant play much for the time being.

Also, Red Color Wii Box is awesome! _awesome_

Kabuto

little punks!

If four players used the Mega Mushroom, it would break the screen.

This game looks great, but I'm going to wait for a TRU buy 2 get 1 sale or something before I go and buy it. I played Mario World today though, beat it in a sitting with the classic Star Road shortcut.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Loving this game! Of course me being a Mario fan. Just finished World 1 and collected all the star coins. World 2 has Roy Koopa. I noticed that the game has you battling all the koopalings in a different order this time around.

From Super Mario World and Super Mario Saga it was: Iggy, Morton, Lemmy, Ludwig, Roy, Wendy, and Larry.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Okay, my new favorite power up is the penguin suit! I love sliding on my belly! :D

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got it this morning as well, along with pokemon platinum for my best friends birthday and I reserved both heartgold and soul silver, I'm not very far yet, only on the second castle on the first world.