• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Loving this game! Of course me being a Mario fan. Just finished World 1 and collected all the star coins. World 2 has Roy Koopa. I noticed that the game has you battling all the koopalings in a different order this time around.

From Super Mario World and Super Mario Saga it was: Iggy, Morton, Lemmy, Ludwig, Roy, Wendy, and Larry.
super Mario bros 3 had the same order as this game; the order of their age
Larry, Roy, Lemmy, Wendy, iggy, Morton jr, then ludwig

loving this game so far but more than 2 people gets hectic
I'm in world 4

and this game is waaay better and more challenging than new super Mario bros

I also love that the cover is red and not white

Cobalt_Latios

Played this game today with a friend. My god, this game is torture. I'll be honest, it's hard. But in a good way. It forces you to really try as opposed to just run through a level as fast as possible.

Favorite power-up? Penguin suit. Sliding is fun! Though, I very much dislike the ice levels. Damned slipperyness.

<C_L>

Tyranitar96

Can't wait to get this game. I just hope the singleplayer is half as fun as the multiplayer because I doubt anyone will want to play with me... =(

GengarNightmare

Where the **** did you get the cape from, and how in god's all powerful name was it broken? Only thing broken from the original 2D games was the hammer bro power up and the Tanooki suit in ways.
Umm..... we were discussing the new power ups, correct? Just pointing out that the cape isn't one of them, and I miss it, that's all. GEEZ....

The cape was broken because you could skip the entire level without ever landing. Seriously, around 3 months ago, I beat every world in Mario World within a few hours. Tell me that's not broken.

Only secret world we get is world 9 which levels unlock through star coins.
That's good. At least there's one world.

Granted, you weren't invincible with the Cape. It certainly wasn't "broken" on the same level, and it took a lot of skill to utilize.
Not really. I mastered it at like....how old would I have been? Six?

I got my copy yesterday, but didn't start playing until about 6:00 PM. I got all the way to World 8 (I used a cannon at one point that took me to world 6, not the first cannon, tho.) I've enjoyed the new power ups and the many references to different Mario games (Yoshi's Island, SM 64, MW). I'm stuck fighting bowser in World 8. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.....I think I need to jump as the shockwave comes by, but I haven't figured it out. This looks like a job for youtube!

*goes to youtube*

EDIT:Nvm, I found out how to beat him. I was talking about the second battle with bowser Jr. on the ship. You have to "ground pound" or whatever it's called, to make the bomb launch at him.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Only its impossible you beat all the levels with the cape. I played and know World by heart and I'm pretty damn sure that a lot of them cannot be beaten by cape due to a short beginning piece of land or a pipe and/or blocks that block your way in the air.

GengarNightmare

Only its impossible you beat all the levels with the cape. I played and know World by heart and I'm pretty damn sure that a lot of them cannot be beaten by cape due to a short beginning piece of land or a pipe and/or blocks that block your way in the air.
Well of course not every level (use your brain, man), but many of them. I said "beat every world", not "beat every world by flying."

The only ones where you can't are water levels, caves, and the "set speed" levels (like butter bridge).

As far as pipes go, if you're high enough, you can actually fly over them, which makes no sense whatsoever.

BTW....why would I lie about a game for crying out loud?

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
Well of course not every level (use your brain, man), but many of them. I said "beat every world", not "beat every world by flying."

The only ones where you can't are water levels, caves, and the "set speed" levels (like butter bridge).

As far as pipes go, if you're high enough, you can actually fly over them, which makes no sense whatsoever.

So you beat The Valley Fortress by flying through it?

woot21 out dawgs

SoulSilverDSiXL

I know, Bad name!
so like people is that game fun, addicting or enjoyable. we are thinking about getting it. please respond. also how do you change the pic with Professer oak and charmander on it thanx

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Larry, Roy, Lemmy, Wendy, iggy, Morton jr, then ludwig

Larry, Morton Jr., Wendy, Iggy, Roy, Lemmy, Ludwig

When I get a surge of money, which should be in 2 weeks or so, I'll consider buying this game. My brother will likely get this game by Christmas, so I may just leave it to him to get it ;D

The difficulty level of this game seems to very high, given by numerous posts about it, so I'll most likely enjoy this game. I may actually have a reason to go co-op.

Last edited:

Wat.
I have not been able to play co-op yet. *coughmaybeicouldiftheyhadonlinecough*
Single player was really easy. I beat bowser in less than two hours. Which leads me to a complaint: why is bowser the final boss? He had nothing to do with the plot. Bowser Jr. should have had been the final boss.
Anyways, it's a good game, but a victim to hype. You only use Yoshi in 6 levels, the penguin suit and ice flower are extremely similar to the koopa suit and fire flower, and it's not hard at all. I'd say it's the easiest 2D Mario platformer i have ever played. But still good. 8-7 is the best level I have ever played in a Mario game.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

I am using my brain man, and I'm using it in a way that doesn't involve using very weak generalizations when they do not make sense. And its the internet. With a bit of credibility you can lie and go places.

Surfing_Pikachu

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan

Thriller

Its almost time
So I hear this game is harder than Contra.

I'm in World 3 right now and have lost two lives... Yep, leagues harder than Contra.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I kinda hope the creators keep the NSMB thing going, with New Super Mario Bros 2, 3, and World.

I remembered a while back that someone on here suggested the creators make a Super Mario Bros 3 remake to celebrate its 20th anniversary next year. I think in a way, we already have it. I mean the game already has the koopalings, the airship, the hammer, fire, boomerang brothers (with Ice Bros being New), the fire snake enemies, power-up suits, the ability to use items on the world-map screen.

So actually, I guess NSMB Wii IS a SMB3 remake to coincide with the game's 20 year anniversary.